Thread: Out and About

GypsyKaren

Out and About

We had the family over for Christmas Eve, and I told my 27 year old daughter the truth about me, that her dear old dad is really a woman named Karen. She listened carefully, then all she said was "just make sure you don't learn how to walk in heels before I do". I told her it was a little late for that. I'm truly blessed to have such wonderful children.

I pretty much go everywhere now dressed, and it feels so wonderful. For the first time in my life I feel real, and I feel alive. I get a few stares and a few giggles, but I don't care because the good I feel far, far outweighs that. I smile at everyone who looks my way, and the vast majority smile right back. All the years I spent hiding, such a waste. Oh well, I still have plenty of time to live and be me, I sure don't plan on wasting any of it.

GypsyKaren

Hi GypsyKaren,

I came out to everyone in May 2004 including my children ages 10, 13, 17 and 21. I got divorced from my non-accepting wife and have now remarried a wonderful woman who totally accepts me. I have not been in any male clothing since August 2004.

I totally understand how you feel and wrote something about it that seems to describe just what you are talking about. Here is a link to it.

Stupidly Looking Hat

Love always,
    Elizabeth
    [SIZE=3]It is always our choice, who we are-Waking Life[/SIZE]

Hi Karen ~
    Congrats and big hugs for your success and positive attitude. Its terrific your children have accepted you, I'm sure that's a very special bonus.

I can sure relate to being out in public. Unfortunately, I wasted many years before living full time. Years I'll never get back. Gosh, its been 14 months full time for me already. I was too worried over what others would think and how they would react, to do it earlier. Now I couldn't be happier.

Very happy for you.

Kim

Karen, it looks like you raised a very well rounded and open minded daughter. I am very happy to hear of your good news.
    Sarah

"So Often times it happens, that we live our lives in chains, and we never even know we have the key" The Eagles

congratulations love, good on your family to understand who you want to be god bless them what a lovely family you have
    Love as always Jasminexxxxxxxx

Departed
    Karen,

I would imagine having Kat supporting you helped a lot in your daughter's acceptance. It's so important for married couples to stand together and support one another. I'm happy things worked out so well for you.