Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What do you feel when you dress?

I'm still trying to sort it out but here we go: happy, sexy, submissive, relaxed, excited (to go out as Victoriana but don't go out), feminine (obviously), myself (sort of), sometimes horny (<---was that allowed? lol), taboo, and!!!! guilty (like why am I doing this, seriously?!?!), low self esteem (usually after), over critical (is this the best I can look sort of thing...?), less of a man (obviously, but afterwards too), confused, and kind of stuck. Yeah, and after I dress...a "hot mess" as I heard someone say on RuPauls drag race. Wanting to quit, blah blah. But overall, it is fun while it lasts!
    With my tail between my legs and I'm afraid...this is not me!

Relaxed, calm and at peace. Even the therapist I see occasionally remarked on the first occasion she met Joanne that she had never seen me so calm.
    Knowing yourself is so much more, Take one step forward and you open up the door. T'pau - Secret Garden.

Check out my blog - You Can't Do That With People

i feel like i wish i could do it more often

maybe that i was able to pass so i could go out without stares,

Feel when dressed?

MUCH younger, pretty and sexy. I have to admit that the whole business of planning, assembling the clothes, dressing up and photographing the results are together an enduring turn-on for me.

M.

I don't know, better, I guess? I'll go for weeks where I don't dress, and I think it's just an occasional thing I don't need. Then one day I'll put on a dress and some boobs and I'm like, why don't I feel this way all the time?

As many others have said, it gives me a calm and relaxed feeling when dressed. I feel almost like I am a different person and don't have the other persons problems to worry about.

You know, some of us dress for sexual pleasure. Do you really want to know WHAT we feel when we dress, or HOW we feel when we dress? haha

Mmm like a real girl! sexy, relaxed, excited, hot, cute!

I fell more relaxed

For me it's all about having the outer me match my inner soul. I rarely dress unless I can go all the way, nails done, forms attached, makeup as perfect as I can make it, and an outfit that's pretty close to some fashion ad. Only then it seems that I can relax and feel like myself. Just so enjoy being a girl.
    When lost, alone, or blue I know I can always get through the day, for I've always another shade of lipstick to make things right!

What's that sequence in Billy Elliot where he's trying out for the Royal Ballet and he muffs the whole thing, but shows such passion that he's called back by one of the Headmistresses? He's discouraged, almost self immolating in his rage at himself when he's asked how he feels when he dances?

I paraphrase but

"I feel free as a bird. All my cares fly away and I can't feel anything, but I feel like I'm flying"

I have to get this quote right.

But when I'm dressed I feel free - like I'm truly free - like I'm flying above the cares of the world. That I can land on the narrow strip of who I'm meant to be. Cased in clothes that touch and bind my body th way I was meant to be encased. Pushing where they were meant to, pulling in where they were destined to pull. Hair long and draped on the back of my neck, the distant and aura like feeling of makeup, slightly scented. The brush of earrings and jewelry and above all the real sensation that real real girls get to be this every day.

I'm basically me only more me.

Darla

shania twain said it best ,i feel like a woman
    janielatb: I'm in love with the person inside me.

I feel my best when dressed!
    I enjoy being a boy, being a GIRL like me!!!

When I was younger i'd get that sexual "rush" when dressed .

Now that i'm older It's more of a relaxed feeling... accepting that person looking back at me in the mirror

Normal. Relaxed and enjoying the feel of the clothes on me.

Makeup addict!
    I feel wonderful and beautiful all dressed up

Quote Originally Posted by HCarla View Post
    Mmm like a real girl! sexy, relaxed, excited, hot, cute!
    Spot on babe!
    Reasons to why I dress, to feel all of the above (perhaps not at once tho)...
    Transgender girl

I'm married and in the closet,so when I get a chanche to dress up I feel very exited and restless.

I get a rush of excitement and then calm...

At peace...like the feeling of...this is how it's supposed to be.

I am me no matter what. Some days I want to be feminine. Some days I want to be masculine. Either way I am comfortable. When I'm guy mode, I'm a jeans and t-shirt guy. When I'm in girl mode, I like to wear skirts or dresses. In a perfect world for me, any time I needed to dress up it would be enfemme, and the rest of the time I'd be a scruffy looking dude.
    I know enough to know I don't know enough.

Peace

Sigh, I always knew Christina Kay's Avatar
    Couldn't have said it any better than Eva Lynn did. hugs
    Follow your path.. For only you can decide, which way to go.

Mission control...... Tranquility base here......Jennifer has landed.
    If it was easy, everyone would be doing it.

Confident, playful, sensual, graceful, informal, clear headed, free, everything as a man I'm not.
    Last edited by ShriekCassandra; 10-27-2013 at 10:52 PM.

Confident, I'd say...

I mean, as a broadcast meteorologist (not on camera, but behind a radio microphone) I did a shift one Friday night last February when a snowstorm was about to hit the Northeast in a pair of ballet flats from Ann Taylor LOFT... They were 'color block' style: a combination of cream, light brown and pink -- reminds me a little of chocolate/strawberry/vanilla ice cream!

Anyway, I really was just partially dressed, because I was at work (panties, hosiery and shoes), and my feet were 'in the closet' -- which one of our broadcast booths is, literally!! I just FELT BETTER doing my job that night, no matter how much stress there was.. I even 'showed them off' to the one girl who worked on the operations floor that night.. Too funny
    Last edited by Calbab; 10-27-2013 at 08:53 PM.