Thread: My first outing

Smile My first outing

So my first outing wasn't anything special, but its been a long time coming in my life. After having come out less then a month ago to my wife, but finally after 20 some years of piecing together all the signs, I finally realized Im transgendered. I decided f*** it tonight and I went out to shop at walmart fully dressed in women's clothes, makeup, etc. Sure, I had to have some drinks first. Sure, I had to got at like 3 in the morning. And sure, it had to be somewhere as dead as walmart. But, you know what, I was terrified. Luckily, I think I kept my cool. Everyone was seeming to mind their own business anyway. No one really talked to me but i feel like I was blatantly obvious i wast a GG and therefore unless I asked for help no one was going to talk to me. A part of me wanted to talk but at the same time I knew I definitely did not have that much practice talking feminine. In hindsight Im kinda glad I didn't talk, I may have lost my confidence and set myself back. Im going to get there, one small step at a time. Thank you all for your inspirational stories and advice. If I didn't know I wasn't alone, I don't think I would have ever seen this day! Time for bed.

Gone to live my life
    Hi Nickie,

My goodness sweetie, that outing is nothing to scoff at regardless of the hour, venue or amount of people. You just went out and did it . . . CONGRATULATIONS. It takes a lot of courage to walk from the parking lot and through that store door for the first time and you did it with ease and grace. It only gets easier each time as you begin to realize that most people are too caught up in their own world to truly notice you. However, if you get read . . . so what. You have given someone a look at something they don't always see and I guarantee you will be the topic of conversation that day. As for the voice, I still struggle with that but have begun interacting with people and while they guess they don't really say anything about it.

Once again CONGRATS.

Hugs and an extra one for your courage.

Isha

Platinum Member
    Hi Nickie, You are out there now there's no turning back have fun.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Congratulations you will only want to do it more now
    Sometimes I like to dress as Linda Leigh

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications.

Nickie,
    It is a much easier exercise in broad daylight with crowds that all have some agenda.
    They do not worry you at all.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Silver Member
    Good for you Nickie! Going out & about for that first time is a big step in a positive direction. No matter if it is daylight or darkness, in town or far away from your home, you were your feminine self, and you survived! It only gets easier building your confidence every time you do it again. Congrats & thanx for sharing.

Hi Nickie, CONGRATULATIONS!!! I recently had my 1st outing so I can relate to how nerve racking the whole thing can be.
    I'm now planning my next outing and very excited I am too. I hope this 1st trip beyond the threshold encourages you and gives you the confidence to do more in the future
    Hugs
    Abbey xx
    OMG!! Owning my femininity .... and I LOVE it!

Good for you. I'm still only dressing in the house....mostly. wife took me to the drive-thru for beer last nigh, but that doesn't compare to your trip.
    Keep it up, ya got me cheering for you.