Thread: I Finally Did It!

I Finally Did It!

I was at my local Penney's shopping for various girly accouterments as I normally do once a week or so. However, this time something was different. My adrenaline was pumping hard and surging through my veins. I knew it was time to pull up my big girl panties and march right in to the dressing room and finally try on my perspective femme wardrobe additions prior to purchasing.

I am proud to say that I finally did it.

The feeling was amazing. I tried on dresses, skirts, blouses, pajamas, and sweaters. I just loved being in there seeing myself in the mirror in all of those lovely garments. I felt so feminine, beautiful, and alive. And best of all, no need for the second trip for returns. I immediately called my wife to tell her. She said it was a huge step and she was proud of me for finally doing it. I am one very elated lady today.

Well done, Steph! It's a great feeling isn't it? Did you go as a girly or in male mode?

Sara xxx

That is a big step and I am told the first one to totally being out. I have no wish to ever be in public dressed but proud you achieved what you want to do. Enjoy it now to the max.

Quote Originally Posted by Girly Sara View Post
    Well done, Steph! It's a great feeling isn't it? Did you go as a girly or in male mode?

Sara xxx
    I was in guy mode at the time. Gotta take baby steps. Besides, the week's worth of facial stubble would have been a dead giveaway.

Congrats on your big step girl.
    Its always nice to not have to return clothing.
    Renee

Gone to live my life
    Hi Steph. Congrats on your big step. That took some courage and it sounds like it was really uplifting for you and fact your wife was supportive and happy made the story even nicer.

Hugs

Isha

i am really happy for you--that certainly is a big step, and it's great to hear about your wife's support

Congratulations Stephanie!!! I remember the first time I tried on something at a store. I stood in the changing room looking at myself and just felt totatlly elated. The sky did not fall and I was able to purchase the right skirt that fit and looked fabulous instead of getting home with the one that I thought would look good but didn't. I still have that skirt even though it no longer fits (I lost weight) I keep it as a sweet memory of the occasion. Your wife feeling proud of you is a total bonus.
    Hugs
    Ellen Jo
    Somtimes the light's all shining on me, Other times I can barely see.
    Lately it's occured to me.....What a long strange trip it has been.
    Truckin by the Grateful Dead

Snaps! I remember the first time (guy mode, i rarely shop en-femme) I tried on boots- it was at a JCP - I bought and returned several different pair, and did not relish the idea of doing this again (sizes and styles were limited) so i pulled off one shoe and snugged the boot on. Stood in it twisted a little, bent down, etc.... fits good! If i had not tried it on, I would have gone with a full size larger, so it really helped!

But alas, it was a rare event.

I was once asked by a salesgirl, appeared to be 19 or 20, if I wanted to try on the dress I was buying (JCP again), as I had exchanged it for a larger size. i got a bit nervous and try to fake nonchalance, but she knew the deal. She was actually very polite, and this was some 15 years ago at that! I kind of wish I would have taken her up on it, but I did not have the guts, the dress was Pink satin prom dress by Jessica McClintock, about an 11 on a girlishness scale of 0 to 11, (wedding dresses average about a ten on the g-scale, the extra point on this dress was due to that it was in junior sizes (9,11,13) rather than ladies/womens (8,10,12).

Oh well, at least the dress fit.

Aha! Reading your experience even gave ME the same reactions!

A great start! You will really love it when the SA asks if you want to start a dressing room.

Definitely a big step for the first time.
    Now to do it en femme.
    Seriously get some practice in first though.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Wonderful step forward Stephanie. It is great that you were able to share the moment with your wife. I wait for the day I have the courage to take the same step.

Congrats on the big step. I started shopping en femme 6 years ago and I think I have saved a pantload of cash on return shipping and clothes that didn't fit.

Congrats Steph
    That is a big step. I have never done it in a dept. store only thrift shops. It is a little easier there

Lady in Being (7/20/17) AmyGaleRT's Avatar
    Oh, that's wonderful, Stephanie! I hope this will be the first of many shopping trips!

(The first time I went shopping and tried on clothes, I went to Lane Bryant as Amy...and tried on a new bra. I later went back and tried on more clothes...they always treat me nicely there. It was nice to see their little marker board they keep track of the dressing rooms on, with "Amy" written in one of those boxes...)

- Amy
    Amy Gale Ruth Bowersox (nee Tapie) - "Be who you are, and be it in style!"
    Member, Board of Trustees, Gender Identity Center of Colorado
    aka Amelia Storm - Ms. Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2018-2019, Miss Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2015-2016

Star Pretty
    Great Start. Next time will be much easier .

Good for you, Stephanie! That's a great step forward!
    Di

Yay, Stephanie, good for you. I've only very rarely shopped for clothes in stores, I usually do it online and have never had the courage to try anything on. Though now I've found this forum I'm slowly gaining the courage to go do it for myself

Good for you. I think for the most part all the big boxed stores are pretty good about not saying anything to you if you want to try on the clothes. I actually find it easier at those stores because of the size I don't feel as if everyone is watching me. But half the time I don't care if anyone is watching sometimes that can add to the excitement also. I go in guy mode all the time. Haven't been out dressed. But I like to go and try things on and sometimes buy.

I wish I had the nerve to do that, but know I never will. Although I did shop for corsets with my wife once.

Sounds awesome! I would love to go on a big buying spree think about it a lot. Walking though a Penny's, Sears, Macy's or any of those department stores with all the neat womens clothing, dresses, skirts & shirts, bras, panties..... just drives me nuts. Given the opportunity I could spend countless hours in any, or all of them. I have purchased a few times items like panties for myself, usually around Christmas time & make some comment at the register about "now she can exchange these if they don't fit, right?" Ugg. Maybe someday...

Megan