Thread: Just had to share with those who understand.

Just had to share with those who understand.

I took a long break from dressing, but I finally came to the conclusion that it is part of me and I need to stop hiding who I am and what makes me happy. I have been slowly adding to my lingerie collection over the past couple of months and just yesterday I went shopping. I bought a dress, new nylons, lipstick, mascara, and lip liner. It was such a good feeling. I then went to get a pair of heels. I absolutely love them, 6" peep toe platforms. The lady who helped me told me that my feet look perfect in them and that I should wear heels more often. It made me feel so confident and that I am moving in the right direction. Now I just need to get a wig and some more practical shoes and I will be ready to go out. Thanks for reading, like I said in the subject. I just had to tell someone and I knew that I would find understanding ears here. Thank you.

Christie

Wishing you the best. Its such and exciting adventure.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Follow me on Facebook
    http://facebook.com/ceri4certain

Lady in Being (7/20/17) AmyGaleRT's Avatar
    Good for you, Christie! Be who you have to be, and be it in style, always!

You might contact our very own Hannah Gotta...she's starting a new group for crossdressers in Minnesota. This might be of interest to you, helping you to get out with other ladies who'll understand.

- Amy
    Amy Gale Ruth Bowersox (nee Tapie) - "Be who you are, and be it in style!"
    Member, Board of Trustees, Gender Identity Center of Colorado
    aka Amelia Storm - Ms. Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2018-2019, Miss Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2015-2016

Enjoy the adventure,
    “The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience.”
    ― Eleanor Roosevelt

Christie,
    after a long break from dressing you should ease back into it slowly.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I am happy for you too! After years of denial, I am finally accepting that it is part of who I am too.

Ive been wearing panties and other lingerie since I was like 15 on and off and always felt shame and id purge all the clothes and pretend it id moved past it. About a year ago my GF at the time and I started to get into it, and having someone that accepted it like that really made me feel like this isn't a part of me to be ashamed of. Lately ive embraced this and enjoy the exciting times you can have with it, so I say get out there and enjoy it. Like I always say, if it feels good and nobody is getting hurt then enjoy it!
    "a little duct tape on the nipples is a small price to pay for beauty"

Christie,
    I have had the "long breaks" and in the end, it really is not something that can be left behind. It is really a part of us for life. I am sure that the feelings are stronger for some of us and to a lesser degree for others. In the end, we are all crossdressers for life whether we like it or not. It is better to embrace it to some degree, than it is to let it build up inside.

Platinum Member
    Hi Christie, I can't even imagine stopping dressing I'm glad that you found yourself again.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

So much of it is the type of clothing, isn't it? Family's away this weekend on a college trip and I'm left alone with the dogs, two bags of clothes and a coffee maker. Priorities. Absolutely, no responsibility. What a feeling.

Today, I'm in heaven with essential undergarments, forms and a kimono. Such luxury. Only a crossdressing site could appreciate this feeling.

My biggest challenge this a.m. is whether or not to get exercise and making my sewing machine work to alter the kimono. I am so drawn to silky clothing from Asia. I love the texture, colors, design and ornamentation.

Welcome back, Christie. You are among friends.
    Last edited by Robbin_Sinclair; 10-13-2013 at 06:57 AM.

Welcome back from your break and you know what they say, you can run but you can't hide. When it's in your blood, it's in your blood. You could leave, but we will be here waiting for you when you come back, and one way or the other they all come back. It's sounds like your off to a good new start, it's always good to read a happy story.

Platinum Member
    My only advice is to choose carefully and watch your budget. Most of our closets include some unfortunate and expensive wardrobe failures.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Sometimes it takes a while to get comfortable being who we are and how we like to look.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

This thread has left me wondering if this site has helped enough of of us to come out enough, if not to go out dressed (and many here do), to at least shop for ourselves out and about now that we collectively are having an effect gradually conditioning sales associates everywhere to our presence (and shopping power!)?

And Christie, welcome back!

Kate

Welcome back, Christie!

Try your best to moderate yourself. A lot of us who have denied ourselves for a long time encounter the "pink fog". Dressing tends to feel so good and liberating that we binge on the feeling at first, sometimes to the detriment of other facets of our lives.

Enjoy yourself, but let it be part of you, not all of you.

Hugs
    -Kelly

I began in earnest about a 2 years ago. I told my wife. Bam, she was of to the store with me in tow. She was picking out dresses for me, wigs, make up, shoes, panties, bras. She went on line found breast forms. Set me up with a on line shoe account. She threw out all my man underwear.
    Now we have chick flick nights. Some of our friends know so when they come over I am dressed. She said she always knew I was a girl. She still not comfortable with me telling our kids?
    My wife is a beautiful woman in everyway. we have a couple of hurdles to cross still but we will get there.