Thread: Going out in "stealth" mode

Going out in "stealth" mode

I'm new to the forum and have been CDing for as long as I can relember.

What I'm wanting to do is go shopping in "stealth" mode. In other words, wearing female clothes but still being male.

I'm getting ready to order some Old Navy Diva boot cut jeans (size 6) and some sort of women's shirt or sweatshirt. I've already got a pair of black patent boots with 2" heels that I think will work under the jeans.

What I'm really looking for is some sort of women's fake glasses and a uni-sex wig (girly but not too much).

I'm also looking for a good underbust corset to pull the waist in a little.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Congrats on being able go out dressed in "stealth mode". For me and some others, we mite as well be wearing hot pink bikinis with matching gogo boots! We just can't be "stealthy"!
    Last edited by docrobbysherry; 10-15-2013 at 10:20 PM.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

If you go in stealth mode why not try the adrenalin rush if full woman?
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

It's all about taking baby steps. I'm not ready to go out fully dressed yet.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    I love Diva jeans and wear them in either gender. Truly with all the material you're listing to wear you virtually are en femme. If you are looking for baby steps you might try what I did accidentally one day...don't wear anything overtly male. Jeans, loafers, turtleneck, with a women's cut V-neck sweater (V is deeper cut) with all female lingerie underneath is a great start. Next time add some stealth makeup (brown mascara and some power). Then you can reassess how much farther you want to go. Just remember that lip gloss in your natural color leaves a mark on those white Starbucks lids! Have fun!

unless the jeans are as long as the heel, it is going to show. So, if you are a 34" inseam normally, and you wear a 2" heel, you need a 36" inseam jeans/slacks to "hide" the heel. Plus, you need to remember it will only be "hidden" when standing (still). Someone walking behind you will see the heel as you walk as your foot/pant-leg rises and falls per step. When you sit, your pant-leg crawls up just a touch so be prepared to put your feet somewhere less visible than directly below you (in other words not flat on the ground). All this said...its still fun to do. I've done it with boots, pumps but my most favorite is strappy sandals or wedges.
    If you are truly going "stealth", why bother with the wig and glasses?

I'm not sure I understand the attraction in going out in "stealth mode". For me, it's male or female, not somewhere in between.

I will admit to wearing panties and women's jeans but I wear them as a male. The jeans are plain, no decorations or other female indications and the panties are just underwear.

You can find the corset, wig and glasses on the Internet.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Does not sound very stealthy to me. By the time you are dressed in womans' clothing and a wig, presenting a feminine shape, there is not a whole lot of stealth left. As Beverly suggested, might as well add some make-up and just be out about it.

Stealth is only stealthy if it flies under the radar, which I liken more to underdressing or an androgynous presentation. Sounds more to me like you are prepping for a more overt outing.

Hugs, Robin

Take your baby steps and add a little each time you go out as your confidence grows......won't be long before you'll be out in full bloom without a second thought...
    Link to my flickr photostream:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/kandybarr

I went shopping at my favorite consignment store Saturday, and as I was standing at the counter I realized that both the slacks I was wearing, and the shirt, were purchased there. A pair of jeans, and a button-up short sleeve shirt with a printed fall=like design - leaves and things - that is pretty much identical to a guy's short except that the buttons are on the wrong side. I could wear it to work, except my wife would be very worried that someone would notice...

There are a lot of people who don't 'get' stealth mode, but I do!

Deedee
    It's not wrong... but it is forbidden!

I guess what I'm calling stealth mode is what other people may call blending in. I guess for some reason I think I'd rather people see a feminine guy than a guy trying to pass as a girl (which I don't think I'm able to do yet).

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I think the word you're searching for is "androgenous", Tina.

"Blending", still means dressing as a female. It simply means dressing like a dull, boring looking female. At least, that's my take on it!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I stealth dress a lot these days. I honestly don't know why there is any difference than wearing male clothing; I doubt if anyone is going to take the time to examine my clothes close up. But if I have something girly which is appropriate for whatever venue I'll be in, I'll choose that over similar guy clothes.

Deedee
    It's not wrong... but it is forbidden!

Amazing Member
    I used to do that. It helped for a while. I bought a shortish grey wig and got the wig shop owner to give it a bit of a boy cut, and that worked. I told her that I liked the way I could pass as a bit androgenous when long hair for men was in fashion, but could no longer do it because I was balding. I suspected she was not pro-trans, hence the "explanation." It was really, really expensive though.

I tried a lot of ways to get femme glasses, including going to discount opticians which would sell you any style of prescription glasses, just to get a sale, and not mention anything about it. I also bought safety glasses, which had removable side shields, at an industrial surplus place.

As others said, it was a stepping stone. And I think a lot of guys do a bit of that, who are not CD or trans.

[QUOTE=Lexi Moralas;3323441] ... " get far enough from home where you don't need to worry about seeing some one you know..../QUOTE]

That is more good advice, but it is still annoying and embarrassing to get clocked.

One warning: Do not carry any sort of purse or handbag. That is a real giveaway that you are either trans or gay.
    Last edited by Beth-Lock; 10-23-2013 at 03:35 AM.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Lose the wig idea and just wear girls clothes in guy mode, most people either don't care or notice, I have been doing that for years.

I got some advice from a more experienced girl years ago, and she told me this. " get far enough from home where you don't need to worry about seeing some one you know. Go full on girl and if some one clocks you who cares they don't know you and you will never see them again." I was scared to death but I took her advice and spent a few hours shopping on st marks place in NYC. Damn glad I did. Hope you find this helpful

The boots I talked about with 2" heels have a very chunky heel on them so I don't think they are that noticeable. I've got a pair of men's cowboy boots that are almost as tall.