Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are any of you incredibly afraid of....

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar

Are any of you incredibly afraid of....

SNEEZING!!!! OMG I can just see myself decked out to the nines, sky-high heels, killer makeup, great hair, completely feminine voice, knowing all the feminine vocabulary and how to use it....

And then I have to sneeze and the loudest bass baritone note comes roaring out!!!

Please...if anyone can teach me (and the rest of us) how to learn to sneeze in a delicate fashion, it would let me not be afraid! Seriously!

Thanks

Don't look at me.... I haven't figured out how to keep my makeup on when I have a runny nose yet!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

The last time I tried to sneeze in fem most of it came out of my nose. So maybe I shouldn't give you advice.

Miriam
    If you have enough vocal range, you just need to focus on the voiced part of the sneeze - the explosion is no problem. I've adjusted my sneeze to use the upper part of my range, and also reduced the power of it a bit. Since I get plenty of sneezing in, especially this time of year, it really helps.

If you're stuck with a bass-only vocal range, I don't think there's much you can do.

Miriam

Just sneeze, it is all over in a second.
    Remember to carry a nice small, dainty, lacy floral hankie, they are a useful prop.
    Use something larger for blowing your nose though, you will probably need it.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Not minding the man sneeze so much but hope i still have some foundation coverage left around my nose
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

I subdue the lower vocal range normally, but my sneezes just erupt . I see others with this dainty sneeze and I so want to know how to do that!

And Rachel, you are right about the makeup...need to powder immediately .

It's so disconcerting to have worked on everything so much and this eruptive sneeze comes along and it just yells "MALE"....yuck.

I sneeze loud enough that people in cars stopped next to me at traffic lights roll down their windows and say "bless you". I have male friends who sneeze like a cat. I'm not sure you can do much about it, every time I've tried to suppress a sneeze, I've blown (you know what) all over the place.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Aspiring Member
    Nope! Never thought about that.

Linda, I have the same result trying to learn a ddainty sneeze. Maybe practicing keeping a higher pitch is the only way.

Sneezing is the least of my worries I just seem to rarely have colds or allergies. My yawning is worse and I can't help make a weird noise when I yawn and stretch out my arms. Now to passing ....... We best not go there... Lol

Even GG's do things we might consider to not be very feminine. They can unleash 'manly' sneezes, belches and break a bit of wind too. Not something one has a lot of control over.

Sometimes I think we get too narrow in our definition of what we believe to be 'feminine' traits, and totally miss what is real. Unless you blow your wig off, just cover your mouth and let 'er rip. Then move on to what ever you were engaged in. Or at least that is how I handle these moments.

Hugs, Robin

Ever try to hold back a sneeze in a public forum? ...you end up looking like you just got hit by lightning. I read from someone who does voice coaching on you tube that it works to just reduce how hard you sneeze and instead of changing the sneeze too much, it works to just top it off with a high pitch female voice on the part where you have control and its the last part people hear so that's what they will remember.
    Chickie

Karren...the only way I know of dealing with a running nose is Afrin and a full compac of powder!

Jaylyn...this is really the thing that's making me a bit crazy. I can work on everything else it seems, but this sneezing thing seems out of my control

Robin...you are right that the feminine traits are not in concrete nor all essential. I just know that I can't mask all the male "cues" but I do enjoy trying! Part of Tina is the obsession to separate the gendered selves, and I'm just working on sneezing at the moment

Chickhe...thank you, that's a very interesting way of looking at the effect. I do know that if I try to hold back, or to take in less air, it looks like I'm about to explode!

This all started because I saw a woman and a man sneeze the other day and they both barely made a sound. I was instantly jealous so I'm still hoping that is a learned trait and not genetic.

TrueNorth Strong & Fierce Princess Chantal's Avatar
    The sound of the sneeze would definitely be the least of my worries, the likelyhood of messing up of the make-up with either the tissue paper or the uncontrollable spray would have be stressing

Banned Read only
    My sneezes can be earth shattering. Sometimes I can alert those around me that one is arising and they can hold their ears or at least not be startled. I've noticed my explosive sneezes are all preceded by inhaling a good amount of air. I've read that one can cause serious injury to themselves if they try to stifle the sneeze.

The only recommendation I have is to deaden the noise by muffling it into the elbow joint area. That will at least stop the spread of germs. For me I know it does deaden the noise.

Keep a bandana or hankerchief handy. Not always easy, with no male pockets. A purse . But, sneezes come on suddenly, and are a real pain! I always sneeze two or three times hard!

Miriam
    A little diaphragm control helps with the explosive part of the sneeze. As you feel the sneeze come on, set the diaphragm to an upper position so that it can absorb part of the pulse, pushing down to the lower position with the sneeze. This is easier if you have some vocal music training, but can be done by anyone.

Miriam

Having allergies, I just go with it, always have kleenex or hankie handy.

Hugs,
    Leah
    Be nice; It don't cost nothing.

Ain't no such "animal" Tina. So just sneeze away and enjoy it Hon.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Yeah, sneezing is something I've never been able to change. I roar like a lion.

I just sneeze and give that look "who me?" However a sudden runny nose can ruin everything.

when I sneeze, I always have a chochosssse at the end, not very lady like..

It's great to hear from everyone! It seems that most of us are just putting up with it and moving one. Miriam, thank you so much for some possibility of minimizing what for me has always been a bit of a gender embarassment! I'll definitely give it a try! I sneeze from spices in the air every time I cook, so I do have a way to practice a bit. I'll let you all know if I make any progress.

Tina

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Don't look at me.... I haven't figured out how to keep my makeup on when I have a runny nose yet!
    Me either! I have bad allergies and I do not sneeze once.... It is like 4 to 7 times straight and then I have to blow my nose like 20 times..... It sucks. That and my nasty post nasal drip drives me up a wall....