Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Are any of you incredibly afraid of....

I always try to blow out as much air as I can before I sneeze, not let it all come out in the sneeze. I would love to get the cutist little "cha" sneeze, that a lady friend of mine has, instead of the BIG "AAAAAAChew" sneeze
    Joni

"Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free" Bob Dylan

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    Karren and Boots... I have all that running nose and sinus drip stuff as well, but I have solved that, at least for me...Afrin. I don't use it all the time, but when Tina is around the Afrin keeps me drip free for 12 hours.

Jonianne, that's the sneeze I want!!! That little delicate sneeze...if we only could!

I sneeze like a cat :3

I just say "KSST" when I sneeze, and it's barely a hiss of air.

Honestly never thought of this. Now ill be practicing my girl sneeze

with the lower diaphragm type of sneezes i get no way could i not be seen or heard. even in the next room,
    and with the kind i have if i tried to block them i could blow out a ear drum or pop a eye out of socket.

the sneeze is the largest and hardest thing a body does.

Yes, this is really me! shayleetv's Avatar
    In a bedroom community outside Salt Lake City, Utah.
    My wife and I have some friends we socialize with. The wife has a sneeze that stops trains right in their tracks. It would be characterized as a very masculine sneeze, but I have never heard anyone comment about it being masculine. If your sneeze bugs you then try all these tricks written here if none works just laugh about it and others won't think much about it. They will probably just laugh about it too. People who take themselves so serious about things bring more scrutiny upon them.
    "If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your troubles, you wouldn't sit for a month."
    ~Theodore Roosevelt

Coughing is another thing I have worked on. If I start to have a coughing fit, I use a small bottle of breath freshener spray and it seems to clear the need to cough most times.
    Joni

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    I've nothing to add to the preceding answers, but just had to say I had a few belly laughs at some of the very personal descriptions given up so freely.

Rebecca
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

Don't try to stifle or stop your sneeze. I did it once and popped a blood vessel in my eye. There is no makeup that will hide a blood red eye.
    Last edited by Sheila11; 12-09-2013 at 08:20 PM. Reason: spelling
    Live and let dress.

Two quick thoughts. If you purse your lips and forcefully exhale starting just before the sneeze hits, and keep exhaling the whole time, the sneeze part will be minimal. Second, someone pointed out that without all those male pockets we don't have as many good places to keep a pretty hanky. The nuns always had one stuffed inside their sleeve.

If I can catch it in time, I will sneeze like my ex wife. You try to keep it in as much as possible with just the barest exhale of a "choo" in a nice cute pitch.

The Answer

All you had to do was a search on Youtube: "Prevent sneeze". Here's what I found, the first one has the answer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--q4xs9A2nk. It's an accupressure point 1/3 of the way down from the bottom of the nose to the upper lip. When you feel the sneeze coming, press that point with the side of your finger.

That's what the three stooges used to do, but it always seemed to fail for them. But then they were stooges.
    T-shirt says: "Hi, I Crossdress!"

Banned Read only
    I am more afraid of clearing my throat. I have been practicing with my girl voice for over 2 months now, but I still have to clear my throat every so often :/

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    omg...clearing the throat...lol yes...i agree....

Sneezing, when I had a herniated disc in my lower back, was a living hell.

Now I have something else to worry about...

A sneeze would be a dead giveaway particularly since there can be a few at a time. As one songwriter once observed, there are some things you can't cover up with lipstick and powder.

As I am learning in my transgender voice class (at a local university), only clear the throat with an inaudable exhale, as clearing the throat does hurt it. They reccomend swallowing instead.
    Joni