Thread: Omg game changer

Omg game changer

I know I have been in a bad mood about living the lie, but today my wife, who is tolerant but doesn't accept my dressing, surprise me by giving me some dress time today. Until recently I had been totally against make up up to when I joined this forum. Ever since then I had been curious on how I would look. So I have been getting a little here and there. I finally got my chance today even though I didn't have any mascara or lip stick yet, and my wife has hid all her make up in fear of me using it, was able to try it out today. Wow I felt like a totally different person. I still don't like how I see my facial hair, even with the derma blend, but the eyes came out good. And if I had mascara and lipstick I don't think I would have taken it off. I fell in love with my new look. Never thought I would ever say that I like make up until now. It just stinks I can't share my experience with anyone.
    Like I said earlier I have been in a negative mood until now. I have to give respect to all who puts on make up to start the day. I get up throw on my clothes and out the door in less than 15 minutes. To spend the time to apply make up and do their hair I would have to get up a lot earlier than I do. Wow. Thank you for letting me share this wonderful experience .

A wife shouldn't have to hide her makeup from a crossdressing husband. If she doesn't want to share it, she should be able to just say so and have her wishes respected. Buy your own, you probably need different shades anyway.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

How wonderful and exciting for you !! I'm so happy for you. My husband too struggled with the beard thing when he first put on make-up. I love a man in a gotee but I've told him he can shave it if he wanted to so he can experience what he would like without one when he dresses up. I think you will find that mascara and lip color will really make your features pop! If I could only keep two things out of my make-up bag it would be those two. If only one it would be the mascara.

Lady in Being (7/20/17) AmyGaleRT's Avatar
    Stevie, sharing makeup with your wife would be a really bad idea, anyway; you can pass along some nasty infections by doing so. "Separate but equal" is a good rule for the makeup cases. Sabrina and I have different tastes, anyway; she's a longtime Cover Girl fan, while I prefer L'Oreal and Maybelline.

- Amy
    Amy Gale Ruth Bowersox (nee Tapie) - "Be who you are, and be it in style!"
    Member, Board of Trustees, Gender Identity Center of Colorado
    aka Amelia Storm - Ms. Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2018-2019, Miss Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2015-2016

I agree with Linda, It a would be a good idea to buy your own makeup apart from spreading infections with sharing these products, your find that the Shades will more likely be wrong for you . I don't know anybody that would like to share makeup. most woman I know would be quite upset.

I love wearing makeup also. I feel much more feminine when wearing it. I have purchased my own. But, it takes time to put it on. Discoveries like makeup are so exciting for me.
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]

KarenS
    I love being a woman!

Platinum Member
    Hi Stevie, It's an awesome feeling looking in the mirror and seeing it.
    Eye make-up should never be shared..
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Stevie, buying makeup is so much fun. It's just more amazing things to spend your timing trying. Post pics If you need to share with some one. Loads of great advice here

When applied well, makeup is a real game changer.
    You can look like a different person.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I love makeup. there's lots of contouring demonstrations on youtube that you can use to really change your face from masculine to feminine. Getting good at hilighting and shading really makes your face look like it changes shape and can help you pass, if that's what your'e after.

Yes, get your own make-up.

My wife wears Bare Minerals. BM doesn't work for me.
    I've had the best sucess with Revlon, Colorstay whipped creme MU($11.99@Target),
    lipstick, blush, etc...

Now go have fun!

Gone to live my life
    Hi Stevie,

Do buy your own make-up as it is better that way. My wife and I keep ours separate but we do share the same make-up mirror .

Regarding make-up, you mentioned she hides her so you won't try it. Does she know you are dabbling? Just curious because if this is a sticking point for her and she finds out, it could be another not so good "game changer". Putting make-up on is one thing, removing all traces . . . is an art.

FYI, covering the beard is a real challenge for most but there are some good products and tutorials out there.

Hugs

Isha

Keep thinking I need to start experimenting with make up, but until I get my own place not sure I'll have a chance unless I brave a makeover at a department store.

Small town in western Kansas middle of nowhere
    My wife's makeup consists of two tubes of lipstick in two different colors and one bottle of clear nail polish, one bottle of red nail polish and one bottle of pink. She wasn't allowed makeup when she was in school and has allergies so that a lot of it she can't use anyway. I have a ton of makeup which I am still trying to use properly and finding out there is much more I need to buy.

Its amazing how different I can make myself look but usually I don't like what I see when I am done. Probably because I don't get a lot of chances to do it and as I have found out it takes a lot of practice. I am looking forward to a trip in the spring and getting a professionally done makeover
    "It takes all kinds of kinds" Miranda Lambert
    Now some point a finger and let ignorance linger
    If they'd look in the mirror they'd find.
    That ever since the beginning to keep the world spinning
    It takes all kinds of kinds.

My wife seldom wears makeup either, only for special nights (or days) out. When she does, it's not much. It's OK, she looks fine without it but it holds me back from wearing it when she's around.

I know several women (we're talking middle age to senior here) who are like my wife, little or no makeup, and I know some who paint their faces like a clown before they emerge from their home. Even at the beach or pool they are made up.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Yes it can be quite a game changer

Funny how we all start differently and wind up at the same place; I started with makeup - lipstick - and added others as I grew. I remember being under five and my mother painting my nails (red!); I'm pretty sure I asked her to do it. I got some of the polish on my blanket. I remember that my father wasn't pleased when he got home. I don't recall any other episodes of my mother "dolling" me up.

Years later I tried on her high heels, they were too big for me. The next time, they were too small, but I forced them anyway, tearing one of them. I tried to repair it with epoxy glue and model airplane paint. It must have looked hideous but I never heard a word about it.