Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What need does crossdressing fill in your life?

What need does crossdressing fill in your life?

What need or purpose does crossdressing fill in your life? I had to ask myself the question before I asked everyone else. At this point, for myself, it fills a need of artistic expression of my feelings. Like most people I also enjoy being admired and this is one vehicle I chose to accomplish that.It also served as a means to be more daring and less mundane in my life and gave me the courage to explore "terra incognita" or unknown territory that I previously would not have had the fortitude to do. Seems like CDing empowered me in many ways and as such has enriched my life overall, especially since it's a total choice for me now rather than a compulsion. So, what need or purpose does CDing fill in your life or do you simply enjoy doing it?
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Platinum Member
    I simply see myself when I'm dressed.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Platinum Member
    Hi Kate, All I know is that dressing feels so good when I see that lady looking back in the mirror.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Right for me

Whatever it is that we do....dress, walk past the mens clothes without seeing anything on our way to the ladies section, try to be a more gentle and understanding person, walk with a little bounce in our step and so on, just feels so right.

So, I wonder, how can something that feels so right be looked at as so wrong by the public at large? Yet, still, I know that I am okay.

Carlene.....

Gone to live my life
    Hi Kate,

Interesting question. Right now I am still trying to figure things out. I have to admit when I first started dressing there was a sexual component but that has given way to more a sensuality while I go through the transformation process. Once everything is complete and I put clothes on I see the feminine side of me and dressing allows me to express that. Probably has something to do with supressing things for so long . . . really not sure but working through that with my therapist.

Right now it is a bit of a compulsion as I like that side of me as much as I like my male side but I get to be boy me all day and Isha only once and awhile. It is likely I will find balance in the future and the compulsion will subside and it will become more of a choice (boy or girl today?).

Hugs

Isha

Cross dressing gets me closer to being the person that my brain says I really am!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    I have this classy older lady friend. We enjoy the same music, the same styles, I love the way she looks, and she's very low maintenance. I love going out with her, she's an incorrigible flirt and great fun to be with. I even get to share her clothes and shoes! What could be better than that?

I quite frankly like to be one of the girls when working on project or sitting down for coffee or wine.

I missed picking up that book of yours when I was in the bookstore the other day.
    "1001 thoughtful questions for Cross Dressers".
    You have a propensity for asking questions that need thoughtful answers.
    That is why I am delaying answering, I am trying to think of a good reply.

Similar to you when I was younger I appeared in a Sunday night talent show for female impersonators.
    I won the prize for the night and I liked the artistic aspect of being able to fool people into thinking I was a girl.
    I was eighteen then. Later I met my room mates who sub let a house with me and they recognized my qualities very early in the relationship.
    A girl was better to have than a guy in the house and it became a public relations exercise.
    That is another story that could fill a book.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I would say a more relaxed person, who I fell I should be.

I'm kind of new to this but I've never thought of it as filling me in any way. I don't feel like I have a need to do it. It's more like I'm curious about a side of me and wonder how much could I develop it.

Since I was little, I would play pretend games. If I was alone at home. I would sometimes pretend I was a cop and just arrived at my house and could tell someone had been there. So would move stealthy and check every room before turning the tv on. I'd act a character. A role. I still do this sometimes when I'm home alone. Let my imagination flow.

With time I'd get more into character and dress like the actual cop, or whatever character I was playing. After dressing like a woman for the first time, I started considering playing a female character. And would just walk around my house and do whatever I had to do, but dressed up. So to me it's been more like challenging myself to play a role and try to be as convincing as possible.

Just to be clear, I don't mean to say CD is a game to me. But I do it to play a character. Maybe one day one of my characters will take over my life. I'll be someone I made up full time. Wouldn't that be something?

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    For both my wife and myself, Tina is an adventure to find out who I am and who I have been. In addition, since Tina is my wife's girlfriend we are able to revel in our relationship from a different perspective.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Try this on for size, Kate. I lived 65 years as a guy. U could say I've done that and it's become pretty boring.

For the last 5 years I've gotten the chance to live a few moments as a hot, young woman. For me, that's different, new, and exciting!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

One need, is , that since the women more and more act like men, and dress like them somewhat, it meets the nned, that since they wear the pants, I can wear the dress LOL!

I feel relax and happy when I am dress.

I fills my need to crossdress.... duhhh.... If I knew why I did this I would know what need it filled......
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

If I don't dress on a regular basis, I get grumpy (according to the wife). So I guess what I get out of crossdressing is feeling more comfortable wearing women's clothing and I am happier.

When I finally acknowledged my status as a CDer I thought of CDing as fulfilling my desire to present myself aesthetically as I wished and wear the beautiful clothing that GGs take for granted. As I have gone out more and more I realize that I also yearned for the unique modes of social interactions that GGs enjoy. I belong to a CDing group where most of the wives also participate and I find it interesting that when the group meets I usually end up in a group of mostly GGs while most of the other CDers tend to group together. I'm sure that a psychiatrist could find something profound in that.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Not only do I enjoy it, it is extremely helpful to me. I can easily travel to my fantasy world, my fantasy land. A coping mechanism? You bet! My self-image changes 180 degrees!

Thumbs up

It's who I am.

I'm getting better with age. I may have started late, but better late than never!

"Don't let anyone define who you are".

Dang, Karren beat me to it. The answer is in the question. Crossdressing fills the need to crossdress. Of course, the question nobody can answer is where does the need come from?

My wife says it makes me complete. To me it is an adventure.

Banned Read only
    For me cross dressing is an escape from my male inner self. I disassociate my physical being from my spiritual being. I enjoy being the male I am now. I am retired. I have no debt. I have a wonderful family. I have it all. Was it like that in the past? No! It was having a mortgage. It was going to work in an environment that was stressful in dealing with co workers and the public. Basically, none of you would want to come to see me. Then, there is the residual effects of having served my country. Nothing more said on that issue for now.

So, Stephanie came to save the day. That person I loathed in the past pushed the male aside and took over to provide relief. Cross dressing has been my savior. Somehow I still feel the serenity and comfort and disassociation from the crap of life that Stephanie has brought in the past. I see now reason to disavow her now. I still enjoy letting her take over this male body.

Fills the need to let my feminine side out and be free.
    I know enough to know I don't know enough.

Peace

It is a lot like answering 'why'. So far, I know it provides me an escape and it is a challenge. It is something enjoyable.
    Chickie