Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pass, blend or otherwise

A lady in the making..... Erica Marie's Avatar

Pass, blend or otherwise

This is for everyone, not just those that get out.
    When you dress, do you dress in a style that makes you happy, do you dress to pass or is your goal to blend.

I myself prefer to pass, but I do have guy characteristics, so on the few journeys out that I have had so far, my best hope was to blend and not be a standout. If life was perfect and I could do everything just right Id prefer to pass as a gg
    Erica

Crossdresser-At-Large BillieAnneJean's Avatar
    Erica,
    I dress to blend but err more to the dressy side than sweats and flipflops.
    For shopping a skirt and blouse.
    For dinner maybe a dress sorta like office dressy.
    Hair, shoes, and bling always appropriate.
    I go out a lot and love it.
    Billie

I have been told I pass very well unless someone looks closely. Over the past 30 plus years of going out I have worked on my voice as well and have little issues with that. When I dress to go out I usually go for the blend, preferring not to stand out and draw scrutiny. Sure there are times I may overdress for a situation but I can remember my aunt always telling me a lady would prefer to be overdressed rather than underdressed.
    Some ask why? Some ask why not? I ask "Does this pump come in a 9 1/2?"

Fortunately, I dress to please myself, which most of the times helps me blend in. I do not want to disappear and do look for outfits that help me stand out appropriately for the anticipated venues for the evening.

Banned Read only
    Erica, I like to think that I dress appropriately, fashionably, and how I like. All three at the same time. This is blending to me. As Allie wrote, I don't want to disappear, but I don't want a spotlight either. If I wasn't happy with what I put on, I wouldn't wear it.

I dress for the occasion. I'm the average every woman.....that's fine with me.
    I'm 5' 6" , so I can slip buy as the average woman in America.
    I am NOT on HRT, and all I can say is Life is Good. I would rather dress as typical ordinary female while shopping in the grocery store than male.

The non-GG next door.... Candice Mae's Avatar
    I dress to look how I feel on the inside, no need to be extravagant or sexy. just a woman.

Silver Member
    I dress in a style to make me happy, to pass and to blend.

When I go out, I want to blend in, but I also need to feel as feminine as possible. This means wearing a skirt or dress, full makeup, jewelry, perfume, etc., etc., etc.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    I'm not sure why blending and passing are mutually exclusive. I feel comfortable dressing appropriately for the occasion as any gg my age would. I think that improves my passing abilities.

To go about my daily business without being stared at or overly noticed, I try for that... isn't that what most people want? Male or female?

Just give me my darn groceries and keep your eyes off my chromosomes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Emily

We're the ones who start little fires, yet they burn out
    But when they're on the rise, we can't help but shine

And when the wave approaches, take our ashes to the ocean
    Who cares if hell awaits? We're having drinks at heaven's gate

"Modern Jesus" Portugal (The Man)

i dress to be,

sad thoe those that look at me still see a old guy not a old lady,
    being six foot tall,
    better than 2bills on the scale,
    shoulders that would be at home on the tackle line of a football team,
    kinda hard to blend in.

what i would give to be a good 10 inches shorter, half the weight and six inches narrower at the shoulders.
    of course a set of hips and a cute tight butt would not hurt��

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Can't pass.

Hate dressing to blend. However, I do it when I go out with other girls. I feel uncomfortable but they don't.

I'd prefer to go with the girls in drab. But, would soon feel like the "odd man out"! And, that would also violate a whole passel of CD rules, I think!?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I dress to blend in most cases and comfortable as well.
    I do get dressed up for a party.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

A lady in the making..... Erica Marie's Avatar
    So far the consenses is blend. BUT, Also we only have responses from those of us who venture out. What about the girls that stay home behind their locked doors. We want to blend as not to be pointed out, but all the other girls here, and there are a bunch of us. Not sure how to phrase this I guess.
    Do more of us want to dress to pass and be able to blend in as a gg. Or do more of us dress to just be who we feel inside, I hope that made some sense???
    Erica

Platinum Member
    For me, pass vs blend is essentially the real versus ideal. I certainly pick clothes and hair styles that compensate for or minimize masculine features, but I also pick styles that I personally like. So, I guess would likely dress the same way if I passed.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Platinum Member
    Hi Erica Marie, Although I don't go out dressed I always dress to look as feminine and natural as I can.
    Whether casual or dressed to the nines I always want to look my best.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    As far as I'm concerned, blending is passing and I generally dress to blend. But, every now and then I like to go out with, ehem, 'exaggerated accoutrements' i.e. tall heels, big breasts, etc.... just for the pure thrill.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

I dress to be myself. Why dress to please others? What makes me happy is how I look, regardless of where I go or what I do. That is called being a free spirit.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Too be honest I think I dress to pass! Although the harder I try to pass it seems the harder it is to blend! So I say, when you can't please others then you got to please yourself!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Silver Member
    To blend with hopes that I'm actually passing, but I doubt it. Much of blending/passing is our movement and mannerisms. All of that is gone first time I have to speak. I do find trying to blend/pass is fun. Heck you get to dress up and wear makeup and long hair. Sounds like fun to me.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I dress whatever floats my boat that day Mostly blend in in girl mode so my chances of passing are much better.
    I do like to dress on the fancier side sometimes but that is for special occasions,dates things like that.

Aussie girl enjoying life Michelle (Oz)'s Avatar
    Hard to categorise. I dress to pass but not to fly under the radar. I always put effort into presentation, i.e. makeup, body shaping, mannerisms, etc but my style is to please me but will attract attention. So I guess that I'm an "otherwise".

Quote Originally Posted by Erica Marie View Post
    So far the consenses is blend. BUT, Also we only have responses from those of us who venture out. What about the girls that stay home behind their locked doors. We want to blend as not to be pointed out, but all the other girls here, and there are a bunch of us. Not sure how to phrase this I guess.
    Do more of us want to dress to pass and be able to blend in as a gg. Or do more of us dress to just be who we feel inside, I hope that made some sense???
    Erica, as an older CD that will never be passable, I am quite happy to just dress for how it makes me feel. I have an accepting wife so I can dress around the house as much as I want which is usually most evenings or all day when I don't have anywhere to go. I love wearing skirts and blouses, appropriate undergarments with pantyhose if it's not too hot. I call my style middle age housewife. I wear what I feel best wearing. Most days I don't bother with wig and makeup. Am I happy with this, yes. It makes me feel wonderful and very calm. My wife calls me Susy Homemaker because when dressed I am almost always busy with some type of household chore. Dressed and baking cookies makes me feel very feminine. I don't know why and frankly don't care. I guess my style would be to blend from the standpoint that I wear mostly age appropriate clothes for a woman my age. I shop in drab and have no issues trying on clothes in a store. That was not always the case but there are advantages to growing older. I really don't have any desire to be passable and go out in public. For me that seems like a lot of work that would distract from just feeling good and stress free.
    Hugs
    Ellen Jo
    Somtimes the light's all shining on me, Other times I can barely see.
    Lately it's occured to me.....What a long strange trip it has been.
    Truckin by the Grateful Dead

I dress to pass and to blend in which means dressing for the season also. I do love wearing my dresses and skirts.