Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pass, blend or otherwise

Lady in Being (7/20/17) AmyGaleRT's Avatar
    I generally dress as appropriate for where I'm going; having not mastered the look of "pants" while en femme, I will pick an appropriate dress or skirt/top combination. My intent is to "pass" or "blend," but a 6'2" lady in size 26 is probably going to stand out one way or another. So I just look like the best lady I can, appropriate to the circumstances. It helps that I have a decent femme voice to accompany my appearance (it still gets compliments!).

- Amy
    Amy Gale Ruth Bowersox (nee Tapie) - "Be who you are, and be it in style!"
    Member, Board of Trustees, Gender Identity Center of Colorado
    aka Amelia Storm - Ms. Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2018-2019, Miss Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2015-2016

Good question. I prefer to look like a real girl/woman. I refuse to buy clothes made for CDers, the authenticity would be lost there. I wear real women's clothes and shoes and try to look like I really should as an everyday female. I'm comfortable blending and not sticking out like a sore thumb.

I would say that I try to blend. That being said however I do prefer to dress more professionally than a GG would when she goes out. I go to my thrift store in a skirt and heels whereas most would go in jeans or sweatpants. Just doesn't seem right to not dress the way that you want to look.

I have been giving this a lot of thought the last few days. For me I want to pass and be looked at and treated like a lady. Now being 6' 4" it really is very unlikely that I can ever succeed at this chore but I will keep trying and getting better. Right now I want to look nice. If that means nice slacks and a blouse with flats that is what I will to to pass. While I don't pass as far as I know I at least want to look good. I have been wearing some flair leg slacks and a blouse the last couple of days and it really looks nice and blendable (not sure if that is a word but it works to here ) Good topic to ponder on and really look at ourselves.

Dress to be myself
    More girl clothes than mens maybe half and half

I would like to pass but I think it will be a while yet. I need more outfits and need to perfect my make up. I don't know if I will ever pass though. So just looking good in my own eyes may have to do. We will see.

Gone to live my life
    I have only been going out now and then for periods of time and I aim to blend so I tend to dress age appropriate and stick to fashionable clothes that will not draw too much attention. I normally find jeans, nice top, boots a coat (colder up here now) do the trick.

Never thought I would hear myself say this. When I was growing up my height and body frame was always a big issue for me as a guy but now as a girl it is a blessing. I stand 5'6" and weigh 155 lbs with an athletic and lean frame. So when en femme, from a distance I am an average height for a woman so blending is easier. Up close not so much. While I do have some feminine facial features (higher cheek bones) most of my face is all "guy" and I get read easily. So "pass" not in a million years.

So I am beginning to accept the fact that people will see a girl at first (from a distance) process and see "dude in a dress". As such, I can live with that and accept it. Heck . . . if I am going to be a dude in a dress, at least I will be a fashionable dude in a dress. The one thing I have found that the less I worry about it an just interact with the world around me as Isha not me trying to hide Isha, most people just walk on by. When I first started going out, I kept my head down and eyes lowered so as not to make eye contact. Now I strive to keep my head up and notice the reaction of others. I get read on close scrutiny or when I interact but the most pleasant thing I noticed the other day that some people don't even look my way or stare because they are too busy with their own lives. It makes sense, before I accepted this part of me I did not go out searching for CDers . If I saw long hair, skirt, etc out of the corner of my eye I normally processed "girl" and moved on. The only thing that might have turned my attention for a closer look was if the girl was very attractive (what can I say . . . I'm a guy afterall ).

Hugs

Isha
    Last edited by Marcelle; 10-26-2013 at 06:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenniferathome View Post
    Erica, I like to think that I dress appropriately, fashionably, and how I like. All three at the same time. This is blending to me. As Allie wrote, I don't want to disappear, but I don't want a spotlight either. If I wasn't happy with what I put on, I wouldn't wear it.
    I'm with Jennifer I dress to blend but on the upscale side and always appropriate for the venue. By upscale I mean no pajama bottoms and baggy sweatshirts. I always coordinate my outfit, make-up and jewelry for the situation and the venue, by making this effort to blend i believe my chances of passing increase.

Quote Originally Posted by Kate Simmons View Post
    I dress to be myself. Why dress to please others? What makes me happy is how I look, regardless of where I go or what I do. That is called being a free spirit.
    I agree with Kate, dress the way that you want to look. Be happy and be yourself. I am sure that we all want to "blend in". What I want to do is to go out as myself, dressed in a nice blouse and a skirt without the guilt or the worry of being "accepted" or a blender. I have only ventured out with very feminine jeans and pantyhose. Not very feminine, a nice blouse and a skirt would be more to my liking. Someday........

Erica,
    You look very pretty in your pictures. Wear that nice dress out shopping and enjoy yourself!

Best Wishes,

Rebecca

Dressing when going out is two steps for me. What is the occasion and how do I feel. Things like shopping are usually casual and easy to get in and out of since trying on cloths can be an ordeal if overly dressed. Heading to cocktail party well much more dressy and done up.

I dress to blend, I'm very tall so I need to dress for the occasion.

I used to go out to so-called gay bars once a week for a few years. The first time I went out I was way overdressed, I wore a dress. The next time I wore a skirt even though I was the only girl wearing a skirt. I try to blend but wear what I feel I like to wear.
    I'm 5'9" tall. When first going out I thought since I'm so tall I only wore like 2 1/2" heels. One night while out sitting at a bar I was talking to this girl. She commented she liked my outfit. I asked what I could do to look better, she said higher heels. I now wear like 3 1/2" heel's and enjoy wearing nice jeans.