Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I hate wearing trousers in female-mode

It's hard to get a good fit in women's pants to go over a properly padded male body. But if you do a good padding job and a good tuck job, the right pair of pants can be just as sexy as a short tight skirt.

I like skirts and dresses, but sometimes a casual event is best attended in jeans or slacks. I'm going to a silent movie event tomorrow with Persephone and our spouses and I'm looking forward to wearing a lovely pair of gray slacks with a flowy top to match. I'll be comfy if I have to wait outside in the wind and I'll look great to boot.

Yesterday I was wearing a pair of Levi's Demi Curve Capris in dark blue below an unstructured top. They fit as closely as leggings but have a bit more stiffness to them that helps hide that which shouldn't be there. Mimi said my legs looked great in them.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Age appropriate is the key for me; however that means no jeans but women's pants in shades of brown and blue. Disagree with those who think that wearing women's pants puts one in drab --- have a closet full of drab that aren't even close color or fit-wise. The other advantage is that they are loose enough that tucking is not necessary. Still I prefer skirts and dresses as being cooler here in Florida. Doing my own survey here I find perhaps 70% of the GGs wear pants while shopping and the rest equally divided towards skirts/dresses. Interestingly, there are many people here from the Caribbean Islands and they often wear long skirts almost touching the ground. Another interesting observation from me: They glide rather than walk in that their upper bodies hardly move. Probably as children they learned to walk while balancing books, bags of food and even pails of water --- find it very graceful.
    Julie

The sexiest parts of my wardrobe arsenal is a good curvy fit pantsuit and a sexy shapely blazer with a blouse and a tie...Power femininity

I love it...

Lady in Being (7/20/17) AmyGaleRT's Avatar
    I haven't yet mastered the look of pants en femme, though I realize I'll probably have to someday. My fiancee begs to differ, saying, "I prefer you in dresses and skirts!" Well, I prefer me in dresses and skirts, too, but I'll still have to master the look for occasions when those won't work. For now, though, I have plenty of dresses and skirts to choose from, as well as tights and leggings for when the weather gets cold enough to need them, and long wool coats to cover them up properly in inclement weather!

- Amy
    Amy Gale Ruth Bowersox (nee Tapie) - "Be who you are, and be it in style!"
    Member, Board of Trustees, Gender Identity Center of Colorado
    aka Amelia Storm - Ms. Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2018-2019, Miss Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2015-2016

Part of the reason I like being a woman is so I can wear dresses. If I wore dresses as a man, I would be teased. Esther

I to love skirts but I find nice women's slacks can feel nice too especially in a north American winter , I do wear tights and skirt if the weather is not to bad and its a work day
    and summer only bear legs an floaty skirts

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Why hate pants?
    They can look just as feminine as a skirt.

I like to wear dresses or skirts on nights out, but for daytime errands I find pants/jeans/tights a bit more comfortable, not just because they'll help blend in, but if that's what other women are wearing, it's just as feminine these days. Similarly I love heels, but there's usually enough walking involved to warrant flats...

I love to wear a pair of pantyhose, knee-highs, or tights and women's pants! Or even the sensation of the softer weaves of women's pants on bare legs.

Sure, I love dresses, skirts and particularly shorts in the hot summers, but I really don't find anything wrong with a pair of women's pants/jeans, or even sweats. To me, it's much less about what you're wearing, but how you carry yourself wearing it.

On the other hand, sometimes it is really hard to look like I have anything but boyish hips in jeans, even with padding. Sometimes the padding just makes me look overweight...

edit:
    Not to mention that jeans can really help you hide a corset.
    Last edited by katssun; 10-25-2013 at 06:11 PM.

I love jeans with a flared leg, with the right top and a pair of heels I think they're very feminine and practical as well.

Aussie girl enjoying life Michelle (Oz)'s Avatar
    My jeans and pants worn once and regretted buying them. Packed away in a box. Skirts (mainly) and dresses hang proudly in the wardrobe.

Just love wearing what I can't as a man ... feel the breeze and the sun ... not have to worry too much about tucking (and after going to the rest room retucking).

On the contrary I'm not partial to the idea of wearing skirts. I'll stick with leggings and tight pants but that may be because I also prefer to see real women wear them as well.

I would much rather wear a skirt. I feel more like a woman and enjoy it. However,
    when I wear trousers I feel like I may as well dress as a man. I probably makes it easier to blend,
    seeing that 80 percent of women wear pants.

I have only rarely worn women's pants, and never jeans, the ones I've worn have always been dress pants. Just a personal preference, I wear oants every day as a guy, when I get the chance to dress fem, I'd much rather wear a dress or skirt.

I'm with Susan & Joanne,
    (For non-UK audience, 'trousers' includes jeans and any other outer garment of the same general shape / construction regardless of the actual fabric or length)
    In male mode, I wear 'trousers' every day and have done since I started walking 50+ years ago. I can't think of anything that would induce me to want to wear any form of trousers while in female mode. Perhaps if I could be Judith 24/7 then I'd feel differently but as I only get a few days now and then in female mode, it's skirts and dresses for me.

I think that Joanne has a point. For many CDs its all about the clothes rather than inner identity; vice versa for TS? In my 'wardrobe' skirts & dresses = feminine, trousers = masculine!

Woman first, Trans second
    I love my jeans and other trousers, but for me they're actually less comfortable than the skirts and dresses because I have to be really on top of my tucking game to not have them look a bit weird in the crotch area.
    Coming out is like discovering that you've been drowning your whole life after actually breathing air for the first time.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I guess its different for me I don't need a skirt or dress to feel feminine I feel that way all the time.
    I think some are over compensating for their gender identity issues.
    I don't have problems being who I am like many here do so I guess that is the difference.

Platinum Member
    Hi Susan, A nice pair of women's pants long enough to cover most of the hi-heels
    with just the tip of the heel showing looks great to me.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

And the way the toe of a high heel shoe peaks out from under the right pair of boot cut jeans,............

I agree. What the use of cross dressing and wearing more pants! I do have a number of pair of women's jeans and a couple pairs of women's slacks that I wear in "dude mode". But only rarely do I wear them when I'm en femme.
    Stephanie

Your right, if I'm going to ware pant's I'll wear them in guy mod. Now girl mod. dress like one.

I don't hate women's pants but I have never worn them nor ever will.

I have a good selection of pants and shorts for en drab wear.However, there are still some cool long silky, smart, floaty kinda femmey pants out there but all my jeans and suit, wool, chino pants are drab.

Pants are for my guy side!!!