Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Could you cut it?

If you put your mind to it you can do anything you want. As for cutting it I only was able to do it for a day. Yes it was a lot of work and there were lots of daily routines that I overlooked. The one thing I wished I did was go out that way.
    Last edited by Stevie; 10-25-2013 at 08:22 AM.

I was having the very same thoughts Kate.

It was this past week, I had the strongest urge to dress "en femme" I ever had to date. I just had to don my new dress and do my make up. I plan to wear the outfit to our "Day of Remembrance" event. The feeling of satisfaction and complete relief of self assurance was the greatest. I stayed dressed about three hours and which time, I felt that I had to get on with things and slowly undressed. As I was putting the items away, into the hamper, etc, I had the strongest realization that wearing a dress is as part of my persona and life as wearing a jockstrap. It will be with me till the end and yes, may take an increasing place in my life in the future. Yet, in the same instance, I had my male persona clearing his throat telling me, "I'm here too " So, I think we need to address our needs, admit dressing as an influence on our lives, and try not to "control" it but safely incorporate it into our life. The more you restrict, the more you want to do it.

The longest I've gone as Cassie is four hours at home. In public, at my Transgender Support group, three hours every first and third Thursdays of the month (October is too long! ) I am pretty sure the maintenance of dressing would, i.e. the shaving, the makeup, the forms, the wig, for any longer or increased frequency amount of time would take the joy away for the sheer necessity of it would turn the mechanics of becoming Cassie a chore.

Everyone is different. I would imagine for those of us who don't mind being "en femme" 24/7 have a stronger feminine self-identity and work being such. I still, have a strong masculine self-identity. Being "en femme" 24/7 would not be who I am today just being "en drab" is not totally who I am either. While I know I may not be the traditional masculine man, I know I have masculine qualities in me and I like them and have no desire to ignore or rid of them. Yet, I love my feminine qualities. I love having my skirts, blouses, learning makeup techniques. The fact I have a make-up bag where I keep my mascara as well as a toiletry bag that hold my shaving cream is just fine with me and really don't see the big deal. Yeah, right .

Now, I have found that I will at times, particularly on weekends, may wear a skirt and a tee-shirt (male), or in winter wear my leggings, and a male shirt, or shorts but will wear my flats.

So, be comfortable dear, only you know what that will be but always remember,if you identify as a crossdresser and gender identify as male, your male side needs nurturing as much as your feminine side does.

Cassie
    Last edited by TxCassie; 10-24-2013 at 06:30 PM. Reason: wording

The longest I have ever gone femme is about 8 hours last halloween. It wasn't on halloween but a couple of days before hand to have a security blanket to fall back on if I needed to. I didn't venture much but I was out beyond the walls so it was a great day but at the end of the day I couldn't wait to take it all off. so my answer is no too. If I were passable enough as some girls here are, I would like to try a longer period but that isn't happening.
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

This for me is a timely thread as I'm just off for a weeks holiday and plan to spend at least 2 full days enfem as well as most evenings. I would like the opportunity to go fully dressed for a longer period just to experience the downs as well as the ups. My problem would be I'd starve as I'm not confident enough to push a trolly around the isles dressed or eat out.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

If money and time weren't an issue, I would probably try to live as a female in a different town than my own. Just to see how long I could do it, and to see if my feeling are permanent this time. But I wouldn't do any permanent change, because I know I'd probably change my mind in the future, it's happened before.

I guess I can't because I don't want to. I probably could if I had to, but why should I? I like being a guy, I like being lazy, I like only having to spend a few minutes on my appearance if all I have to do is visiting the grocery store. Keeping up a feminine appearance is high-maintenance, if I do it I try to do it right, not half-assed.

Quote Originally Posted by arbon View Post
    I wish just having to worry about your appearance and deciding what to wear each day was all there was to it. Try going to work with your purse and telling all the guys you have worked with for 20 years that you are a woman now, adventure really begins!
    Id have to agree with Arbon , its not easy living life as a woman 24/7 when you were originally living as apart time girl.

Here from time to time
    The longest I've spent en femme was 8 hours. It took me about an hour and a half to get ready but it was worth it. I booked a nice hotel room with a little semi private balcony and just relaxed but after that 8 hours I was ready get out of the skirt and heels and back into jeans and a t-shirt. I'm hoping to have another dress up vacation soon.

I did it for a week last year. Aside from the padding, what I found most troublesome was my facial hair. I'm not quite ready to give it up to removal, so the twice-a-day shave (and probably needed more) routine put a damper on the continuity. I like both of my genders a great deal, so I could conceivably deal with en-femme in week-long spurts. However, as trivial as it may seem, the facial shaving gets in the way for now.

I doubt that I could cut it,,,,,,
    It is fun to dress up, But for full time, It is unlikely that I could do it
    I have way to many guy chores that get in the way.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

I have had many opportunities over the years to spend 7 days at a time in female mode. Every single time when the window of opportunity was closing it was with extreme regret and remorse that I returned to my male life. Dressing is very easy for me because; I keep what little hair wants to grow on my legs epilated, my brows are thinned and arched, ears are pierced, because of electrolysis many years ago I haven't shaved in thirty years. Because of so much practice and the naturalness of it, I can dress to the nines (makeup, clothes, wig, jewelry, etc.) in about 35 minutes (if I have decided what to wear and don't change my mind). All these changes occurred gradually over many years. I am sure the have been noticed but never mentioned. I am eagerly anticipating the next opportunity.

Jeri

Up to a day or so, sure, but more than that is difficult for me. But soon, one of the things I want to do is take a trip for 4-5 days and try to do the whole time en femme. I think about the girls that are transitioning. In addition to all the physical things you mentioned, the mental stress would make life very difficult. All T-girls have my admiration. Being a woman is no easy task.
    Stephanie

TrueNorth Strong & Fierce Princess Chantal's Avatar
    3 days for me, as it was for the Edmonton Illusions Winterfest Conference. Eventhough the weekend was a hoot, I haven't had the passion or drive to do multiple days since (5 years and counting). I can't even recall the last time I did a full 24 hours. Most of my crossdressing involves socializing away from home and once I get back home the boobies and the wig are off virtually before the door is even closed behind me. The pantyhose and heels may last a couple hours longer though (combined with some of the guy stuff I may have slipped into). So most of my crossdressing sessions may last less than 10 hours.
    So nope, I can't cut it. My passion for being in girl mode vanishes once the fun has been had.
    Last edited by Princess Chantal; 10-25-2013 at 07:09 AM.

I would like to try it for a few weeks or so, but currently its a tad difficult for me.
    My goal would eventually be to go full time though...
    Being a woman does not mean you have to dress up in heels and full makeup 24hous a day, how many gg's do that? But I suppose that all depends on WHY you dress in the first place, right?
    For me I just want to live my life according to how I feel inside, and thats female. I would also like to be accepted for what I am. ( realisticly very difficult, but thats just me)

I spent 3 full days last summer at a ISCWR event in Edmonton. When it was over the dress did not want to come off.

There was a full moon on the night I was born, and I've got the hair on my back to prove it! My body hair has put a serious damper on my dressing, I have worse 5 o'clock shadow on my chest than my face.

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    For the last two years I've attended "Esprit" in Port Angeles Washington. I go for the week. I can see why so many women just wear flats and comfortable clothing. It's a lot of work, and heels can be murder after a week or so! I love being a classy old broad, but not a "comfortable old broad"!

Small town in western Kansas middle of nowhere
    I was en femme for three days once, it was wonderful. When I knew I had to change back I didn't really want to, I wanted to keep the clothes on but then later when I got back to "civilization" and had guy things that had to be done I was ok with it. I don't know that I could keep up for a long period of time because I can't, don't go out dressed so at some point I would have to change.
    "It takes all kinds of kinds" Miranda Lambert
    Now some point a finger and let ignorance linger
    If they'd look in the mirror they'd find.
    That ever since the beginning to keep the world spinning
    It takes all kinds of kinds.

I am surprised at the amount of girls that can't cut it.
    I should say, "don't wish to cut it."
    It is good to see that CD'ing is a recreational past time and most enjoy it to the fullest for short periods.
    For those of us who go longer I think that short time girls derive as much if not even more enjoyment from their activities than we do.
    A very interesting thread all round.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

TrueNorth Strong & Fierce Princess Chantal's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynn Marie View Post
    For the last two years I've attended "Esprit" in Port Angeles Washington. I go for the week.
    My friend Rhaina has been nudging me to go to Esprit every spring for the past decade, however I could see myself not wanting to dress up for the whole week of activities

I have not had the opportunity to spend days but I get excited by the thought of living full time as a woman. When thinking about it, something inside me feels peace and this quiet joy warms me up. I have found that when I do spend all day as a woman, it takes everything in me to take it all off and go back to boy mode. I don't like boy mode all that much. The only joy I get from it is untucking. After hours of being tucked, the relief off being no longer bound is about the only thing I like.

I would like to try, but I don't think I would be able to do it. With full electrolosis and some FFS maybe I could. But even then I'm not sure it would be what I want. I'd be happy to flow from one gender to the other than have to be either.

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    2 weekends and a week, so the longest time I've spent en femme 24/7 was 9 days straight. I loved it but it did present a few challenges of having to push my envelope by having to go places and so things in mainstream public when dressed. Would I do it again? Yes
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

If it were just for the clothes, yes I could go 24/7. The make up and appearance would drag me down. I guess I'm what you would consider a lazy crossdresser. Daviolin
    [SIZE="6"]
    [/SIZE]
    A CD AND HIS WARDROBE, ITS A BEAUTIFUL THING.

The longest I've spent was a whole day. I would love the opportunity to go a weekend or a whole week. But I think any more than that would be to much. For me cding is like a vacation no matter how much fun it is, how much you looked forward to it or how fondly you will look back on it. Eventually you just want to go home and get back to your regular life.
    Lexi is an amazing place to visit! But I don't think I could live there