Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spending a few days as Isha

Gone to live my life

Spending a few days as Isha

Hi all,

I have been away for the past few days on a road trip for work purposes and decided to travel pretty in my rental car. While it was not quite as daring as travelling by plane, I did everything en femme for this trip. Picked up the car en femme, drove down en femme (even stopped at a rest stop for a coffee and bathroom break - wasn't sure which bathroom to use so I went with the safe family option). Checked into the hotel en femme. After checking into the hotel, I felt so exhilarated that I decided to check out a local outlet mall, stop at Starbucks for a coffee and finish off with some take out. I was thinking about eating at a restaurant but alas, chickened out at the last moment as I would have felt quite awkward eating by myself (I would have felt the same in boy mode).

I did learn something when I checked in to my hotel room and unpacked. It is probably wise to make a bi-gendered packing list. While all my female toiletries made the trip some my boy stuff (underarm deodorant, shower gel) did not. Not to mention not a pair of boy boxers in sight (just lace and silk).

The next day I had to work (boy mode) in the morning. When I finished my morning lecture, I dressed en femme, drove to my hometown and had lunch with my younger sister. While she knows about Isha, this was the first time she has met her. Our lunch went great but I had to cut it short as I had to get back to work for the evening which meant I needed time to deconstruct Isha .

The following day, I came out to a very close work colleague of mine and although a bit shocked, she was very supportive and asked if she could meet Isha after we finished work on Thursday (today). So after work finished this morning, I dressed en femme, checked out of the hotel and met her at Starbucks where we spent a couple of hours talking. It was a very crowded Starbucks and while there were obvious looks I am beginning to get more comfortable with Isha and the stares. I am fast understanding (my friend pointed this out this today) that while they are indeed stares, they are not rude but more curiosity which makes sense as not everyone has seen a CDer up close.

What was very nice about the Starbucks visit was there were two young women sitting next to us who commented on my coat which lead to them sitting with us for about 30 minutes until they left. This was my first real girl conversation about stuff in general (movies, politics, clothes, pending winter). They obviously knew I was a guy but they treated me no different than if I was a girl involved in the conversation. It was very nice .

After I left my friend I drove back home and decided to stop and an get some groceries for dinner and some wine. This is not my normal time for making an appearance as I normally stick to early mornings. However, today I felt so good that I just wanted to get out there during a more normal time (4PM) with people going about their business after work. Oh I was read but again, the looks were curiosity more than anything and those I interacted with were great and very friendly.

All in all, it was a great experience living almost two entire days as Isha. Not a big solo event but nonetheless it is getting easier to be out and visible. I have included a picture of me from this morning out by the Starbucks . . . be kind it is not the most flattering picture but oh well it is me.

Hugs

Isha
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Marcelle; 10-25-2013 at 04:59 AM.

with all that coffee no wonder you had to stop at a rest stop. I, to, feel weird eating alone in a restaurant, but I did it last weekend. Sort of strange just sitting before they bring you your salad but after that...it was cake. Well I didn't have cake but you know what I mean.

Awesome Isha, so proud of you
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Gone to live my life
    Hi Lori,

Thanks much. Going to the bathroom is one my biggest anxiety events (which one do I use) so yeah, you think I would learn to lay off on the coffee

Oh well I do love my coffee (the one vice I can't give up).

That is a great way to spend a couple of days Isha. Did you pick up anything shopping.

Congatulations on a sucessful two day outing, I haven't been out and about yet so I'm following all of the posts about outings to get some tips. I always enjoy reading your post Isha because you have a very clear understanding of the feelings and aspirations of the people involved and include approprate cautions. I will look forward to hearing of your next adventure! Hugs Bria

Nice job Isha. I totally agree with you that most looks/stares are out of curiosity. I have found that if someone continues to stare even after I have caught them, that a nice smile and wave seem to totally disarm them, making them easy prey to an interesting conversation. Not sure where you live (looks cold already) and what the local laws say about transgender use of restrooms, but, I generally use the facility for the gender I am presenting. No problems so far, and I will deal with any when and if they arise. No sense getting all worried about a possible negative scenario before it even happens, is there?

Sounds like a grand , non-event, adventure and that's a lot more than a lot of us get so hey, glad you had a great couple of days
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

Just one of the Girls 4mymichelle's Avatar
    Isha,
    It is always great to hear when someone has a wonderful time out. Sure there can be a few stares but as others have said it's more of curiosity. By being normal it shows that we do belong and can enlighten others. Here's to many more enjoyable outings

Hugs,
    Michelle
    Last edited by 4mymichelle; 10-24-2013 at 08:56 PM.

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Isha I am just amazed at your bravery for just being out there dressing as you like and just being you. I too seem to feel like that at times and just want to leave my house not really enfem but with a skirt or top and go about just being me. I'm not all that big on makeup but do enjoy putting it on but to just step out the door with ease you seem to do it amazes me.

Congratulations Isha and that is an inspiring story! I have a work road trip coming up too and I have neither flown nor road-tripped "pretty" yet, but I think a road trip will be the next push of my limits.

You truly live life. Sometimes, I am incredibly envious of you... and that's a compliment.

I know exactly what you mean when you say the girls who came to sit with you treated you like a woman. People do it instinctively, I find it very interesting to observe the difference. But, also there is a 'girls club' in many ways...woman will chat like they are friends and even push the guys away while they chat...but not if you look like them. At parties when I am dressed, woman want to hang out with my wife and I and conversation turns to female interests... its odd because on certain levels I do more traditional female hobbies than my wife so I can talk with some knowledge which helps and some guys actually will flirt with you even though they know you are really a male. I find people's reactions positive or negative are more associated with me looking happy or not. Makeup and a smile do wonders and I notice the difference compared with male mode.
    Chickie

I always enjoy reading about some ones great day they had! It's very uplifting for me! And I will tell you that as long as you carry that wonderful smile you have, you can expect many more great times like this one!!!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Good for you, Isha. So wonderful to hear that you had two days to enjoy en femme. Well done. Your story is an inspiration.
    Di

Gone to live my life
    Hi everyone,

Thanks very much for the kind comments. I truly had an amazing time and it was a big boost to my confidence level. I am sure I will have a few setbacks in the future but if I remember days like these, it should help me cope with the bad ones.

Hugs all

Isha

Isha,
    It is you warts and all. You may not pass well at least you have a feminine appearance and can gain confidence whilst you practice.
    It is the lighting that shows you up in the photo because I have seen you better.
    Go for it girl, and and hold those cards close to your breasts.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Gone to live my life
    Hi Bev,

Yeah . . . I laboured great thought on posting this pic but I thought for the most part this is probably how people see me (granted the lighting doesn't help). I asked my friend for an honest opinion that day and she said that while it is evident I am a guy, a lot has to do with the confidence to look up and around. She said she noticed that people are less likely to pay any real attention when I acted normal and confident. More intense stares occurred when I got paranoid.

Hugs

Isha

Platinum Member
    Thanks for sharing your latest experiences. You've come a long way in a short time. I'm so glad that your sister and colleague were there for support!
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

You are growing leaps and bounds Isha and have already far surpassed my own adventures out. WOW, two whole days out and you even rented a car, checked into a hotel, both of which require an I.D.!!!!!!!!!! You are letting the girl out of the bag in a big way. Kudos to you girl, so happy for you!!!!!!!!!!
    Link to my flickr photostream:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/kandybarr

I've only been out a few times, I've been amazed that nearly everyone was willing to play along!

Great story and I'm glad you enjoyed your time out. You've come a long way in a short time.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Isha I think you said it all in the last four words of your original post- "oh well,it is just me". to paraphrase a great philosopher - "we have met the enemy and they is us". We tend to be our own worst enemy. Congrats on the outing.

Isha, you're awesome. I hope all your future outings are positive. And hey, however passable you may or may not be, at least you have style!
    "I want you all to call me Loretta." - The Life of Brian

Gone to live my life
    Thanks Laura (lol) . . . I strive to at least look like a fashionable dude in a dress

Isha, you rock. thank you for sharing.