Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ria's First Time at University

Hi Ria!
    It probably makes me a terrible ally, and I really want to be supportive to all the other gurls out there... but mostly your story just made me jealous!
    I mean, of course I'm really happy for you, but really I wish I knew a few local young gurls who I could hang out with, because maybe then some of their awesome confidence and cuteness would rub of on me!
    I want you to know though that your story is another little boost in my own struggle to figure out just what I want out of my own life between a mix of muddled genderedness. If I'm this jealous of your tale, I guess it tells me I'm not getting out there enough myself!
    So thanks for the kick in the pants!
    ~ Caleigh

Haha don't worry Caleigh, when I first joined here I was far more insecure and jealous than I am now, but it also helped to inspire me into the person I am today. I only know one other person locally who crossdresses, and he's a bit annoying and arrogant, and I know no one round here who's non-binary or trans although I have met a few from further afield before.

I recommend you take some steps to getting out there yourself, people will surprise you ^_^
    Bi-Gendered, Goth/Metal Fan, Atheist, Artist and British

Ria, you look great in your profile pic and it sounds like you are surrounded with open minded people so you have a great luxury of being yourself publicly. An important item for me to take away from your story is a new name for the toilet or bathroom or mens and womens rooms - LOO! It's now my favorite descriptive word . Just one question, do you pronounce that like low or like LU?
    Ellie - pronounced " L _ E "
    I never new how masculine I was until I tried to be a woman

Haha, it's pronounced Lu. We also call the toilet a bog sometimes if we're feeling vulgar lol. At the risk of derailing my own thread, I've never understood why you sometimes call it a bathroom in America, there's no bath in there

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by xdressed View Post
    Haha, it's pronounced Lu. We also call the toilet a bog sometimes if we're feeling vulgar lol. At the risk of derailing my own thread, I've never understood why you sometimes call it a bathroom in America, there's no bath in there
    Actually, we have a lot more base descriptions for said place . Never understood restroom either. The last place I would lay down. Now, I'll stop derailing the thread.

Rebecca
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

Yeah bog is far from the worst name we have for it, but the others aren't very ladylike lol