Thread: Where to begin

Where to begin

Hey everyone, newbie here. For years I've been wearing panties and lingerie. Purely a sexual thing I'm sure. My partners enjoyed me wearing them. But lately I have had the overwhelming desire to completely transform myself and live part of my life as a female.
    So the question I have is where do I start? I've seen here on the forums that breast forms are a major part of dressing and really gives the feel of being feminized. Do I invest in breast forms first and go from there? Any suggestions will be most appreciated

Well I think that a wig and clothing and make up is more of a priority than forms. You can always come up with something to fill out a bra.
    I go out dressed and I don't have forms and get away with it.
    Last edited by Nikki A.; 10-26-2013 at 12:02 PM.

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    Hi Siobhan,

I started in exactly the same way as you, with my wife. However, as a fetish thing, I used to like wearing lingerie during the day until one day I got caught by my wife in her nightie etc doing the washing up. A few weeks later I confessed all and now I can dress fully if I wish. It was only after being caught that I began to explore dressing fully and I love it when I do.

Definitely get your own clothes and wig if needed and slowly build from there, as you discover your own style. I'm a floaty, soft and silky materials kind of girl. These materials ring my bell and I never want it to change. Moreover, the desire to dress can come and go for some, me included, so don't be surprised if at some point you lose the desire to dress. It always comes back. Ask those that have tried and failed to stop.

Rebecca
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

Hi Siobhan. My recommendation: Exfoliate and shave your entire body. Moisturize with something nice. Buy some pantyhose, a bra, a dress, a nice pencil skirt and a blouse or top with a belt, and several pairs of pumps with at least a 4 1/2" to 5" heel. Try on the different outfits, see how that feels and let us know!

I too wore panties everyday for years (still do) When I finally acted on my ongoing urge to try dressing up fully I was fortunate to find a transformation studio in the city where I live. I scheduled a make over and tried on several dresses skirts and blouses, tried breast forms, had my nails done, tried on a few wig styles and full make up. I was truly a CDr in the ultimate magical place,Having experienced that I new I loved dressing up fully and I Bought breast forms and a wig then took a make up lesson from the same studio bought some make up and when I get the chance dress up fully. I remember after she applied the make up I looked in the mirror and when she put the wig on I almost cried tears of joy I felt amazing. So I think a good wig is important along with the make up. Like others said you can fill a bra for the look and get breast forms if you really love it. I new that day at the transformation studio that I wanted it all the look and feel! Cloud Nine! Most wig studios will work with you and the right wig for your face shape and the color can make a difference. Make up you can learn from U Tube and actually many stores have gals that are happy to help. Some are even encouraging. I was lucky I got to try everything and get help in a safe studio. But I have since gone to stores to buy things and have been treated well. I have never had make up done at a store but I have had sales people suggest it as they like to get the colors right for your skin tone. Thats so cool they offer! someday!
    Good Luck and go for it!
    Brenda

Try a little bit more at a time, bras, panties, dress wig makeup, forms and so it progresses.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

"let's start at the very beginning. A very good place to start." is what Maria sand on "The Sound of Music". It begins by getting in touch with our feelings and proceeding from there. The rest will come naturally when it's ready.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Platinum Member
    Hi Soibhan, Forms are an important part of dressing but everything else is needed too.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I was out and about 2 years before getting forms, thanks to socks etc, but even now I have forms, I probably used them on every 4th outing, rest of time it's a $20 pushup bra that gives me cleavage.
    Not all women have big boobs, so start with clothes you like and a wig, eventually you decide what size boobs you prefer (a, b, c, d, e etc) that match your preferred outfits.
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

Personally I don't think you can prioritize femininity.... you just need to up the limit on your VISA card and go out and buy everything you need.... maybe even two of everything.... and don't forget a purse.. purses are so girlie!...
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Personally I don't think you can prioritize femininity.... you just need to up the limit on your VISA card and go out and buy everything you need.... maybe even two of everything.... and don't forget a purse.. purses are so girlie!...
    and shoes don't forget shoes
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thank you all for such great advice. So any recommended websites or stores to buy clothes from?

Lady in Being (7/20/17) AmyGaleRT's Avatar
    Siobhan, just go buy clothes where a GG would buy clothes, if you want to go out and blend in as a woman. The clothing stores that market to CDs tend to focus on "clubwear" and similar items; you want something you won't be embarrassed to go to the supermarket in.

Since I'm plus-size, I do a lot of my own shopping online at Woman Within, Roaman's, Jessica London, OneStopPlus, and BCOutlet. I also shop Lane Bryant, and regular stores like Walmart and Target that have clothes my size. I also have good luck on eBay on occasion.

- Amy
    Amy Gale Ruth Bowersox (nee Tapie) - "Be who you are, and be it in style!"
    Member, Board of Trustees, Gender Identity Center of Colorado
    aka Amelia Storm - Ms. Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2018-2019, Miss Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2015-2016

Siobhan,
    I have found some nice dresses skirts and tops at very affordable prices at Ross and no one really has given me a second look!

I can't begin to tell all you ladies how much time I have spent checking out the various websites and stores you mentioned over the past 24 hours. Just amazing! All the wonderful selections.

Thank you all for the suggestions...Soon I shop!