Thread: A Little Update and a MAC Appointment

A Little Update and a MAC Appointment

Well, I did it. After almost a year of talking about how I wanted to buy a wig and go for my first makeover. My initial plan was to travel up to Austin, 70 miles north where by recommendation from another Texas Gal said were a wig shop who were particularly TG friendly (private rooms) and a CD Transformation shop are located. It was exactly what I was looking for this next step. Well, Christmas came and went and nothing. Spring came and went, nothing. Then, I had to schedule surgery and because of work schedule, couldn't have that done till this past September.

I was becoming very frustrated and a bit depressed I was not progressing.

In June, I took a chance and bought a wig on EBAY and crossed my fingers that everything was going to work out. It did. Though, the color was exactly what I had in mind, but it's well in range of workable.

Now that I had a wig, I began to attend my Transgender Support Group "En Femme". What a wonderful feeling I had presenting myself as Cassie. Even though, I didn't wear too much makeup and definitely not passable, I felt so comfortable. The icing was being accepted by the group and interacted with me instead of reacting to me for being "En Femme".

Well, my medical leave come to an end and I returned to work. However, I experienced a very strange thing when I returned to work. The 2nd day of my return, I experienced such a rush of feminine desire. I just had to dress. I don't know why, I just wanted to do it. I was able to leave work early on the 3rd day of my return. I couldn't arrive home fast enough. I tore off my drab clothes and began dressing. I brought and received a new dress, shoes, my first purse, my first necklace (costume jewelry), eyelashes, and new nail polish. I had already tired them all out, but I just had this need to wear them again. I never experienced this before. It was kind of scary, exciting, just weird.

So, I'm "En Femme" and I logged into our forum here. Maybe it was kismet, may just dumb luck, but I made contact with another gal from my city. We exchanged email addressed and began corresponding. I mentioned my desire to learn makeup techniques and she encouraged me to try one of the MAC counters at the very mall I shop. She gave me the name of a male artist she sees for her own makeovers. I had known MAC was TG friendly but too scared to make an appointment.

The encouragement my GalPal offered gave me the courage to not only log onto the MAC website, but pick up my cell phone, dial the phone number, and ask for her makeup artist. Again, the stars must had been align because he answered the phone. I was so nervous, but I kept telling myself, it's the phone, no one knows who you are, do it! Well, the artist was so nice, and understanding when I explained my story. He so assured me I am not the only gal who made this step and it's MACs organizational values, "Any Race, Any Color, Any Sex". The counter has a private room (there is a fee $100), but I think it's worth it. He said I will be comfortable and no one at the counter will think anything of me being there for the service other than be polite and welcoming. I told him, I probably will arrive "En Drab", he said that would be fine, many do, it's all about what makes me comfortable.

So, I did it, I made an appointment for shortly after the 1st of Nov. so Halloween can pass, and more importantly, payday arrives on the 1st. LOL.

I plan to take the outer jacket that comes with my new dress so I can show what I am trying to accent. I also will take my wig to wear once my face is done. I probably will take the afternoon off so I can have time to shave, moisturize, etc... Prepare myself emotionally for what will be I think, a most amazing experience. I think this one event is a major step forward with accepting myself , to realize the feminine inside me, to show me, if anyone, I am transgender, it's real.

I did it again, too long winded. I apologize

I wanted to share. Wish me luck. Thanks for reading.

Cassie
    Last edited by TxCassie; 10-27-2013 at 02:15 PM. Reason: spelling

Cassie,
    Roll on the 1st of November.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I under stand all you said be wanting to do the same have the wig only were I am Mac does not have a pravite room so you sit out in the open maybe one day love to have the experience