Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Purging

Purging

I am sure all of us have purged all of our women stuff at one point in our lives. And I am sure you all have posted about it here, but I thought I would give you my thoughts on purging.

I myself have done it too many times to count. I would hate to think on how much money I have spent buying new clothes to replace the ones I donated to the local thrift shop (Goodwill). They used to have a drop box by their back door, so I would go after it got dark and they were closed and I would deposit a couple bags full of clothes. I sometimes wonder if they ever knew that a crossdresser was donating his clothing.

The last time I purged I changed my habit. I took all my clothing except my panties and boxed them up. I then took the boxes and put them in my garage in a locked cabinet. The clothes stayed out there for about 6 weeks before I brought them back into the house where I immediately washed them and put them back where they belong. I did think about them a lot and was tempted to get them, but resisted. I figured this was no different when I donated my clothes, because I was always thinking about new clothes, the only difference putting them in the garage was 6 week and the other times it was closer to 6 months in between wearing women's clothing.

I will agree that a lot of us have purged time and time again and it is a huge waste of money. Putting them in the attic or garage is always the best idea. Sooner or later your going to go back to dressing, why start having to buy piece by piece again? I have lost a lot of great heels and pretty dresses because of this. Now I am at a point where I will never purge again but it was a long road to get here.

For the record though, if you do purge, or just want to get rid of some of your older outfits, take them to salvation army instead. Goodwill is not a charity but a business where the owner makes billions off of people stocking his shelves for him instead of him having to buy product. He doesn't do much charity work other than for his self. I'd rather help someone in need myself.
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

I purge all the time..... make room for new clothes.... best excuse on the planet to go shopping....
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I'm going to have to Purge around April as I am going back to my fathers house and won't be able to hide my stuff, and would rather not be disoned by him over a dress,
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Boxing them up in the garage is practical and saves money.
    You can then practice revision.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Violet, a lot of girls get a storage locker and keep their things there. If you have a lot to lose then you should check on one if you can afford it. If all you have is one dress then maybe that is an acceptable loss and can be replaced at another time but since your SO gave it to you, if it is the only thing you have, I am sure you could hide it.
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

What works for me is storing my stuff in a big plastic bin over the garage when I get the urge to purge. It won't be found by prying eyes, it is far enough but yet close enough for the eventual happy reunion. I spent a lot of time and money building my collection of girl stuff, and no way am I going to get rid of it.

Violet, is there someone you can trust to keep your things for you?
    Susan GG

Quote Originally Posted by Mssusan View Post
    Violet, is there someone you can trust to keep your things for you?
    my GF if she has space by then
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I did purge just every so often, but My last big purge was just over 3 years ago , got rid of all my male clothing and accessories. No more purging of clothing for me.

I must be the odd ball here, I have never purged or felt the need to. I have always enjoyed dressing when time permits, but sadly life does not let the happen as much as I would like.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Joanne~ View Post

Goodwill is not a charity but a business where the owner makes billions off of people stocking his shelves for him instead of him having to buy product.
    Thanks for the clarification.... I just assumed it was a charity

Goodwill is not where as the Salvation army is, any money they make goes back into the community most of there sales staff are volunteers, them and Bibles for missions is also a good thrift shop
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Whenever the subject of purging and its frequency comes up I do like to make a comment that us old broads are only too familiar with: Prior to the advent of
    the Internet --- in early 1970s--- when we first learned that we weren't some sort of pervert and alone in the world --- purging happened often to us.
    When it wasn't purging it was hiding, like above the rear engine in my Volks bug, car trunks, and, one time, even rented a locker at New York's 42nd street bus terminal while living in New Jersey at the time --- really had to go out of my way to retrieve my goodies. And one time in college while living off campus, instead of dumping, I made a fire in the alley between my apartment and a Catholic girl's school --- though 69 years ago I can still hear the girls chanting: "Hail Mary, full of grace ..." while I was picking buttons and zippers out of the ashes. Reasons why we need to purge are, obviously, much fewer these days --- thank goodness!
    Julie

The last time I purged was in the late 90s. Since I simply boxed things up in a cardboard box and dropped it in the dumpster to my apartment building, I'm sure some bum or 'head' got a few surprises when digging through it. Maybe now they're a crossdresser?

That's the way to do it...ha

My wife knows all. So dressing at the house is no problem. Just bought helium balloons to use as REAL feel breast. Fill them with warm water a go as big as you like.

Violet, a lot of girls get a storage locker and keep their things there. If you have a lot to lose then you should check on one if you can afford it.
    That's a good idea, I got rid of a bunch of clothes I liked, on my last purge, high heel boots of all colors (which are expensive!), different hair color wigs, costumes. I should have just rented a storage locker.

Quote Originally Posted by Violet-13 View Post
    Goodwill is not where as the Salvation army is, any money they make goes back into the community most of there sales staff are volunteers, them and Bibles for missions is also a good thrift shop
    Yes, but check the salivation army stance on gays. No one should be donating to them and I no longer throw my loose change in the bell ringers buckets at Christmas

Silver Member
    Joanne - While I don't like everything that Goodwill does, they are a charity. I donate my stuff to the DAV center. They take everything. Salvation Army is good too. Goodwill does pay key people well, but it is a very large organization and he could get more in the commercial world. Red Cross pays well as do many other great charities. All these charities try to maximize what they can do for the people they serve.

Banned Read only
    On the issue of worthy charities you may want to make local inquiries for shelters for abused women. Many of these shelters are training women to be independent. Most of the women lack clothes for job interviews. Even casual attire may be in short supply.

As to personal purging I've never had the inclination. In my times of self doubt and self loathing I was still a teenager and sneaking time to wear my mother's clothing. As a young adult I had other issues of concern other than wearing women's clothing. Buying and wearing clothing was rather therapeutic in dealing with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Happilymarriedguy View Post
    The last time I purged I changed my habit. I took all my clothing except my panties and boxed them up. I then took the boxes and put them in my garage in a locked cabinet. The clothes stayed out there for about 6 weeks before I brought them back into the house where I immediately washed them and put them back where they belong. I did think about them a lot and was tempted to get them, but resisted. I figured this was no different when I donated my clothes, because I was always thinking about new clothes, the only difference putting them in the garage was 6 week and the other times it was closer to 6 months in between wearing women's clothing.
    That seems totally different to me... When i've purged, the idea was that i would force myself to be normal and NEVER come back, and the destruction of the relevant items was a symbol of that... Simply putting things in storage seems like an admission that you WILL relapse and you're just putting things on hold for a while.

In the long run it's probably the wiser course of action, granted... but i wouldn't call it a purge
    "You say, 'There's not a lot of me, left anymore- just leave it alone...'" (Tori Amos)

Goodwill is not a charity but a business where the owner makes billions off of people stocking his shelves for him instead of him having to buy product. He doesn't do much charity work other than for his self. I'd rather help someone in need myself.
    Goodwill Industries International Inc. is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization that provides job training, employment placement services, and other community-based programs for people who have disabilities. They were founded by a minister in the early 1900's. They are also trans friendly In November, 2010, for the first time, Goodwill opened a store specifically designed to hire employees who are transgender and gender-queer in San Francisco, CA. The temporary or "Pop-up" store was a unique partnership between Goodwill of San Francisco and Transgender Economic Empowerment Initiative.

There has been some question about compensation in certain areas but over all Goodwill is a charity. Just like Red Cross (which pays its CEO big bucks too). Some Salvation army sites have discriminated against gays and transgendered persons although the Salvation army now has an inclusivity statement in its mission statement In 2004, The Salvation Army said they would close operations in New York City unless it was exempted from a municipal ordinance requiring them to offer benefits to gay employees’ partners. So you choose.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

I have not purged since I was about 20 and I'm now 46 (almost 47). I'm very averse to any sort of waste, which helped keep any post-20 purging under control.

Now, of course, I'm totally at ease with the fact that I crossdress and would never dream of purging.

I wish I read this thread a couple of years ago! I have lost tons of really cool stuff purging and always regret it soon after