Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Are you happy being a guy?

FWIW I think that I am Bi gender because as a guy I Like Ladies, so much I want to dressup as one. in Femme mode I feel attracted to Ladies who Like Ladies I know it sounds crazy but thats how it hangs anyone else feel the same way? cheers

I'm mostly indifferent to being a male. Sure it comes in handy when you have to deal with doctors and auto mechanics and putting the urethra at the end of a hose was the better design feature. Other than that, I don't see any advantage worth caring about. I don't really go around thinking of myself as a "gender." Male, female, girl, boy, masculine, feminine, bimbo, macho jerk from hell... these are just costumes I wear to obtain a desired result. It's just that the "male" costume is more permanently attached and not easily altered and, for me, not worth the considerable effort.

I am happy being a guy, but I am also very appreciative of expressing my femininity and the overall completeness experienced as both. Right now my femme side continues to emerge, but not at the expense of being male.

I like being a guy, especially when making love with my wife.

Quote Originally Posted by Erica Marie View Post
    ... To a point maybe it would be better if there were some in between gender.
    There is an in between gender. It's called being gender-fluid, gender non-conforming, or gender variant. Not everyone on this planet identifies either strictly female or strictly male. But the challenge is to find a mode of expression that works for you.

Some people do it by wearing female clothes that most people cannot tell are female, like jeans and polo shirts with unisex shoes. Others do it by dressing a bit more feminine, yet not blatantly. Still others do it by knowing deep down who they are, yet choosing to conform to established norms by alternating their gender expression. In other words, they are always the same person internally no matter how they are dressed whether this is male or female.
    Reine

I can't imagine a life not having both sides.

Platinum Member
    Happy to be me. Happy to have a great wife, great kids, great grandkids, great siblings...and my parents were great bu their gone now, got a great life. Being male is just something I do from time to time, bit not the source of my happiness.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Not me. i'll admit that the physical strength comes in handy sometimes, but in general i hate my body. i don't want to be anything in between, though, just a normal girl...
    "You say, 'There's not a lot of me, left anymore- just leave it alone...'" (Tori Amos)

I have no unhappiness as a guy. I am comfortable as one. For me, it is that I also have a feminine part added in. I do have to make time for that part in order for me to feel better. For so long I withheld this part of myself. Now that I am beginning to allow my feminine side to have expression and just have its time, I am feeling better overall as a person, a more complete person.
    Chickens should be allowed to cross the road without having their motives questioned

I really don't know. I'm not an inherently unhappy person. I have many good things in my life. But of course, there is that nagging transgender thing, too. I feel very comfortable when en femme, as if some great wrong has been righted, like somehow the world is the way it's supposed to be. But in reality, I don't really know what it's like to truly be female, to actually be a woman. I imagine that I'd like it quite a bit, that I'd be comfortable in my own skin, and that I'd embrace my own womanhood. But I've never been anything other than a man. So while I can say that I think I'd be really happy, perhaps happier than I am now, were I female instead, I can't really make an honest comparison between the two. I'd be comparing my reality to my fantasy. Who can compete with that?

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Quote Originally Posted by Khaleesi81 View Post
    Yes I am! Admittedly having the chance to go into girl mode every once in a while contributes to happiness, but but it's only one aspect of me, not the whole.
    This pretty much sums it up for me too!
    HUGS

I was happy being a GM up until I saw that dress when I was 4. From then on I wished I was born GG. Over the years, Renne has come and gone. She's now about 75% of my life and that other person who wears pants to go to work is 25%. If society was a little more advanced, I wouldn't mind being this half of one gender and half of another...

Renne.....

For the most part, yes. While I sometimes wish that I could be more feminine, 90-95% of the time I like being a guy. There are lots of advantages, particularly in my career which is male dominated right now.

Uhm like omg NO!

For the past two years, I have hated being a guy 75% of the time, and felt indifferent to being a guy the remaining 25% of the time. Actually, it's been more like alternating between phases of hating being a guy 100% of the time, and phases of being indifferent 100% of the time, just the phases of hating being a guy lasted for 75% of the last two years and the indifference phases for 25%. There was no such phase where I was actually happy to be a guy. Prior to the last two years, I never was happy being a guy, just indifferent to it. All phases of life, including the past two years, have been intertwined with episodes of pink fog.

I always felt like I was a girl since I was 5. If reincarnation is real, I am choosing female next time around for sure

Quote Originally Posted by Alice Torn View Post
    the agony of being sensitive like a girl, but being in a six foot six male body, of being rejected, having unrealistic expectations on my male self.
    I can totally relate.

Quote Originally Posted by Megan72 View Post
    That being said I think that there are a lot of things about males that are really easy compared to being female, wash and go instead of the morning ritual to get ready is probably the biggest plus to me
    Einstein solved mathematical problems that most of us would find excruciatingly difficult. Yet, Einstein would have found it excruciatingly painful if he were told he could never do math or physics again.
    Last edited by Michelle789; 10-28-2013 at 11:51 PM.
    I've finally mastered the art of making salads. My favorite is a delicious Mediterranean salad.

Wandering, not lost. ActuallyMichaela's Avatar
    I'm definitely not as happy as a guy as I am as a girl. It's such a contrast, actually. But I cope with either situation as best as I can.

The Rolling Stones hit it with this:
    I see the girls walk by dressed in their summer clothes
    I have to turn my head until my darkness goes

I have eternal suffering because I cannot be them.

I rarely get a chance to get dressed.
    There are those times when I wish I were a female but most of the time I'm content with being a guy.

Banned Read only
    Only when Im making love to my girlfriend...

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Without a doubt there are times I feel I'm in between genders, however I am a man it's how I was created. I do wish I was more free to dress as I please and not be caught in the sociital norms and that when I wanted to wear a skirt or a dress do what, or if it was a polo kind of day than ok with that too. For those of us who are CD it's a very tough mix.

Anatomy aside, I play both ways, darling. I like both.

It's like legos, you give me 20, and I can come up with something pretty cool. You give me 1000 legos, and I can come up with something pretty awesome. Being two genders just broadens my palette to paint life with.

A lady in the making..... Erica Marie's Avatar
    I want to thank all the girls who took time to add to this discussion. It sounds as if we are rather split on how we feel. Plenty of us enjoy the dual role, a nice break from manhood and a good stress reliever. But it seems as if there are plenty of us also, me included. That would prefer to be in the female role or even a gender neutral role. I guess that is what makes us all individuals. I just wish now the world would let us be who we are.
    Erica

I am happy being a guy. I love my work, which would not be easy wearing a dress, and that makes daytime a pleasure. In the evenings and nights I wear a dress or skirt, with all the underwear, and I know I appreciate these clothes more as a guy. I couldn't crossdress if I wasn't a guy.
    Last edited by Georgina; 11-13-2013 at 10:58 AM.

The only feature I like being like a male is that I have a very deep voice for a man. It's fun to look a lot like a genetic woman (GG) thanks to my natural wide hips and my M2F HRT induced breasts when singing basso profundo while sitting next to very masculine looking males singing tenor or baritone.

Johanna
    John (Legal name)

Preferred pronouns: he, his, him

I am definately a blended person. I like some guy aspects about myself and some girl aspects about myself. I only wish I could be more open with the girl parts most of the time.