Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Are you happy being a guy?

I'm not sure happy would be the term to use. More like accepting. I've never been totally comfortable as a man. My happiest times are when I wear nylons and dresses.

A lady in the making..... Erica Marie's Avatar
    Coming to a conclusion. For us that are unhappy I think we are dealing more with tg issues than cd issues??
    Erica

I am definitely unhappy being a guy. There is nothing that I do or enjoy as a guy that I couldn't do being a girl and probably have an even better time with. I just don't like being a guy as a whole - body, expectations, societal role, etc.
    I want to be a girl - that's all.

Quote Originally Posted by Erica Marie View Post
    Coming to a conclusion. For us that are unhappy I think we are dealing more with tg issues than cd issues??
    It's no secret that having full-blown gender dysphoria is awful. I am grateful mine has never reached the point of making me want to transition. 90% of daily life does not seem particularly gendered; washing dishes, driving, or eating lunch, for example, do not seem particularly male or female. It's in presentation and interaction with other people that our gender identity becomes more apparent. My body and society tells me I am male. Sometimes my brain says or wants the opposite. So, I just take note of how I am feeling each day, act naturally, and try to be happy. Even if I could label myself as a third gender, would that resolve any of the tension I feel? Or would it simply escalate the dysphoria? What I seek is unity - or at least some kind of balance among all these emotions that ebb and flow.
    Life is an endless struggle full of frustrations and challenges, but eventually you find a hairstylist you like.

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    After having experienced how a good woman can make a man out me, I'm quite happy with my manhood. No complaints with womanhood either!

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Laura View Post
    I'm happy with being a guy. I like my guy hobbies and friends and I have a wonderful family. I love being "Dad."

I just get frustrated being forced to be one way most of the time. If I could choose at will, I bet I wouldn't present as female as often as I think I would. I do REALLY like women's fashion though....
    I couldnt have said it better myself. The grass is always greener on the other side. There are benefits on both sides so a balance is needed..Ellie

Based on the number of YouTube videos I have watched about transitioning, probably not all that happy as a male.
    If it was easy, everyone would be doing it.

When in male mode, which is most of the time, I live my male life to the fullest. I embrace every day and give and get the most I can from it. However, inside my male body is a female that longs to get out. It has been that way all my life. When the opportunity presents itself, I will plunge into the feminine experience with total abandon. And when the window of feminine opportunity is closing, it is always with great anguish that I convert back and resume my male life. When I reflect on all this I always come to the same conclusion. I wish I were a girl, always have, always will. When it comes to being happy, it is important to realize that happiness is always tied to the way we expect things to happen. We can wait for things to happen or lament that they have not happened in a particular way. We also can make things happen, regardless of which self life requires us to be at any given time. We only have one life, make the most of it, what ever that means to you. Don't worry - be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by insearchofme View Post
    I love my guy side and my girl side. Wish I could be girly more often but that's the way it goes.
    This is exactly how I feel!!!

Love my guy side. So does my wife. Andrea just her BFF that comes to visit from time to time.

Im scared Im starting to like my female side more but i could never imagine going full time. Does this feeling pass as you dress and you get more used to it? Dont get me wrong I love dressing up the full nine but damn is it ever a commitment lol!

Aspiring Member Michelle Crossfire's Avatar
    Yes I am. Being a woman full time looks like it could be a real pain in the a**. Even though fathers get screwed in divorce court, i still prefer being a man. Competition, menstrual cycles and what sometimes seems to be an incurable amount of bitchiness is enough to say that i don't want to be a woman. Dressing like one for stress relief and fantasy is ok by me. I think it has actually brought me and my wife closer together, at least when i comes to shopping.

Hi Erica. I consider myself very fortunate to be absolutely happy with the two aspects of my gender. I have a wondeful life as a guy and enjoy all the masculine activities of a typical male. The discovery of my feminine side and the joys of CDing didn't occur till my 30's and I consider it to be an amazing gift that added an extra dimension of pleasure to my life that I had never imagined possible. I adore every moment of being Tracey but there is no desire to live life as a female.

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Laura View Post
    I'm happy with being a guy. I like my guy hobbies and friends and I have a wonderful family. I love being "Dad."

I just get frustrated being forced to be one way most of the time. If I could choose at will, I bet I wouldn't present as female as often as I think I would. I do REALLY like women's fashion though....
    Ms. Laura's quote from post #22 was exactly how I felt after reading the replies. Yet, I am reminded that, before I read the replies, post #23 was my first thought. Who am I?

In the end, I'm drawn to crossdressing by the clothing. I look at clothing with lust, far more than I have even did with people, even in my most sexually active days.

In reality, physically more powerful men still control the world.. I'd never have this degree of control in my life if I wasn't the male, white and physically fit. And getting ready in the morning, what a chore that would be.

I'm happy as I am. I only wish the world was more tolerant.
    Last edited by Robbin_Sinclair; 11-04-2013 at 07:23 AM.

Silver Member
    Yes, I would not want to be a female. If I did transition I would be a TG tomboy. Now granted, a GG tomboy is much more accepted by society but I'm not sure how a TG tomboy would be. Plus the monumental changes to your daily routine and being an ugly TG tomboy is not my goal. I love doing manly activities with the strength of a male and I also love doing feminine things like getting my hair styled and a mani-pedi with color of course. I persevere as a male CD.

Nope. I hate being male. Such drab clothing to choose from, we have to suppress our emotions. I wish I'd realised a ling time ago, before children. Now I am in turmoil.

Today, I just want to be a girl. Ef the world.

Each day and each part of the day is different for me. Being an ugly TG has its disadvantages but you are still a girl. There are plenty of ugly girls around and they survive. Besides, some of the stuff (kids and periods first come to mind) won't be there. Today, I'd be happier as a girl.

But not to be in my real world. Other real world.

One more thing. As a guy, i feel hampered, and handicapped socially. GG's seem to be able to make friends so easily, and get all the good attention. There are exceptions though, of course. Women are like social butterflies, whil men are to often a bull in a chinashop, and isolated, unwanted, feared, anti-social, "damned if wr do, and damned if we don't, with double binds, unrealistic financial expectations, and we take our own lives more than GGs do. So, ACCEPTING being a male, but not much loving it. GG's have the opposite problem, if they are ata all attractive- too much attention.

Heck No,
    There are people who think you should live life the way they do. I live life the way I want to.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenniferathome View Post
    Erica, I love being a guy. When I dress, I am still a guy. I don't have an alter ego or anything, just a need to occasionally present as a woman (as odd as that looks to write). I never consider myself female, ever.
    You described my feelings very well, except perhaps "present as a woman". I don't "present" myself as a woman. I am a man and wear what the society considers to be "women's clothes". I consider them to be just clothes that I like to wear and be comfortable. I think of them as "men's" clothes since worn by a man who does not, even for a moment, considers himself to be a woman.

Just look at the number of men who wear jeans on a daily basis. Jeans were designed for manual labourers, lumberjacks and similar activities. Do jean wearers consider themselves to be members of the forementioned occupations? Of course some are members, but most are not. They wear them because they are comfortable and useful for many activities.

I extend this analogy to wearing a skirt. I do it because I like it and am more comfortable in it. I do not impersonate a woman any more than a jean-wearer impersonates a labourer.

Small town in western Kansas middle of nowhere
    For me I would have to say yes and no. There are a lot of the guy things I do that I really enjoy doing, and I love my wife and my kids and grandkids and can't imagine not being Pops to the youngest one. There are things about being a guy that I don't enjoy, and I am not I guess the typical male. I don't like football, an although I used to do a lot of it years ago I don't like hunting anymore. Around our yard the flower beds are my doing, if there are flowers on the table or a centerpiece for a hiliday meal its because I did it. I also don't like a lot of the expectations that are hoisted on me because I am a guy in the part of the world I live in, where guys are not supposed to be sensitive, and are expected to belittle people who are different from the so called "norm".

There are times when I just get so tired of it I have to just stay home and dress and get my mind into more gentile things. Part of that is feeling as feinine as much as a 6' hairy bear of guy can.
    "It takes all kinds of kinds" Miranda Lambert
    Now some point a finger and let ignorance linger
    If they'd look in the mirror they'd find.
    That ever since the beginning to keep the world spinning
    It takes all kinds of kinds.

I'm happy in either ways. When I'm He I like my clothes, activities, lookin at girls and when I'm SHe I like to wear girly things happy to be smooth and feminine . Sometimes I would like to dress more often but I'm still happy to he best if those 2 worlds

Yes, it's part of the problem however as it keeps me from being feminine as I wish.

Yes, I am happy being a guy all the time. I have come to realize that I do not think like a woman at all, I do not have the same empathy for things that my wife has. I never think shoes or purses or dresses are "cute". I love to wear all of those and possess those items but that is about it. I like the fact that I can get up, get dressed and go and not take too much time to get ready. I guess if I were 100% female though it would be different as I wouldn't have to take 1 hour to cover my beard shadow So I guess I am wishing that I was more 75% male and 25% female. Would love to not have to shave and would love to have a little more feminine shape, but still would want to keep all my male parts as they come in handy !!

i think i manage my boy/girl side well. i love being a man and i love dressing like a woman too.