Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Are there any "girly" things you hate?

Are there any "girly" things you hate?

For me, I can't stand long fingernails. As in, if there is any 'white' part beyond the actual finger, it will come off as soon as I have access to a nail clipper. I'll use fake ones when dressed as Alyssa sometimes, but I will never be able to grow them out because it would drive me insane.

How about you?

Wherever there is a Sale or Macys, but mostly Baltimore MD
    yep, pantyhose, high heels, and bra straps, alas no pain , no picture
    Kelly DeWinter
    Find Kelly at:
    Kelly's Blog
    Flicker
    [COLOR=#2e8b57

Sigh, I always knew Christina Kay's Avatar
    Haven't comes across any " girly" things I hate. But do luv long nails. So new to this that it is all still fun. Hugs
    Follow your path.. For only you can decide, which way to go.

Platinum Member
    I don't know if hate is the right word. I never much cared for those beehive hairdos my older sister and other girls wore in the 60s.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Gold Member
    Like you, I never wanted long finger nails.
    I would like to be able to wear heals, I have a pair of 4" heals, and they fit just rite.
    How ever i can not even stand in them, I just fall over.
    I have to be next to the dresser or a door where i can grab the top of it for balance.
    That is my biggest wish.
    Rader

Quote Originally Posted by RADER View Post
    Like you, I never wanted long finger nails.
    I would like to be able to wear heals, I have a pair of 4" heals, and they fit just rite.
    How ever i can not even stand in them, I just fall over.
    I have to be next to the dresser or a door where i can grab the top of it for balance.
    That is my biggest wish.
    Rader
    Start at 2" and slowly work your way up!
    Susan GG

Wherever there is a Sale or Macys, but mostly Baltimore MD
    Nah hate the right word, think about it, when you wear a dress, you can have up to 5 layers of elastic around your waist alone !
    Kelly DeWinter
    Find Kelly at:
    Kelly's Blog
    Flicker
    [COLOR=#2e8b57

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    I've thought about this for 10 minutes and I can't come up with a thing that Tina doesn't enjoy. There are issue that are tedious that Tina wishes weren't so, like needing to reapply powder, and only being able to use lip stain when she's en femme for more than one day. The things that might be annoying seem to be the same things that make both genders look better, and so become a game and not a chore!

Platinum Member
    Hi Alyssa, I love all things girly, My wife is always nagging me to trim my GIRLY looking nails.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I really cannot think of anything I hate about trying to be a girl, except for the use of the word "girly" sounds childish to me for all of us over 18ers. "Feminine" is a much better choice.

no pockets in slacks. zippers on slacks are too short. I can't think of anything else right off the top of my head. guess I don't like bra straps either.

Deedee
    Last edited by Deedee Skyblue; 10-28-2013 at 08:23 PM.
    It's not wrong... but it is forbidden!

Shaving my legs.It takes too long and can get red bumps.I'm too impatient.Actually any hair shaving or waxing or removal of any kind!

Banned Read only
    Hello Kitty.

Skorts. Why ruin a good skirt creation.

Quote Originally Posted by gautier_nikolai View Post
    Shaving my legs.It takes too long and can get red bumps.I'm too impatient.Actually any hair shaving or waxing or removal of any kind!
    I hate shaving and facial hair ... if my SO would be ok with it, I would get it all zapped off.

I don't particularly care much for short skirts, and I loathe stereotypical bright colours like pink and yellow with a passion.

Traditional role expectations and misogynstic attitudes also grind me, IE that women should exist only to pop out babies and raise them, be subservient to husbands or only aspire to achieve vaccuous materialistic lifestyles. But thankfully those views and the kind of hypocrites who preach them have become more and more outdated and irrelevent over the past fifty decades.
    Last edited by ShriekCassandra; 10-28-2013 at 09:08 PM.

I might have to agree with Skyblue that sometimes I'm a bit annoyed at how there are practically no pockets they're so shallow on my girl jeans...
    I like to put stuff in my purse, but then, like every girl I end up having to rummage in there for 2 minutes every time I want to take something out, which is all the time...
    None of the other stuff, nails, heels, makeup, bras, etc, bother me and I always laugh whenever GGs I know complain saying something like "you have no idea how hard it is to be a girl!"
    Actually, they have no idea !

A lady in the making..... Erica Marie's Avatar
    What I hate is that they dont make guy thing a bit more girly.
    Erica

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    I can't stand using a pen with a big flower on it. Why do girls do that?
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Wandering, not lost. ActuallyMichaela's Avatar
    I actually never thought about this myself but I'm here trying hard to find something "girly" or "feminine" that I hate and I'm left with nothing. There's plenty of guy things that I hate so it's weird there's nothing on the other end of the spectrum that comes to mind.

Sejd
    I'm a guitar player, so I have always had long nails on my right hand and short on the left. No other combination possible. Women guitar players have to deal with the same weird thing. Other than that, I love everything femme :0)

False pockets in just about any clothing.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Carrying a purse instead of having pockets. Awkward and uncomfortable.
    "You say, 'There's not a lot of me, left anymore- just leave it alone...'" (Tori Amos)

I'm amazed at the number of things that folks hate that I love. Long nails, shallow pockets, purses, etc. all work very well if worn in context. Try to keep male habits and of course pockets are an issue, but if you adopt the female habit of using a purse all the time it is amazing how handy they are.

The one girly thing I dislike is mascara. I use it, but it always ends up irritating my eyes by the end of the day. It's especially annoying if I have to drive after dark.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

The only thing I hate are blouses,or really any clothing with flowered prints.
    Lisa