Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It would look better on me!

Here from time to time

It would look better on me!

I'm just curious but have any of you ever looked at genetic woman and thought to yourself "honey that outfit would look soooo much better on me" it happened to me the other day. My wife agreed with me and we both had a good laugh over it.

Aussie girl enjoying life Michelle (Oz)'s Avatar
    I think that I can shape my figure better with lots of help than some GGs but I never lose sight of the fact that any GG has a huge advantage. They are GG without the aids.

Only when she looks more like a Steelers Linebacker than I do......
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I'm trying to think of how to say what needs to be said without sounding too mean.

It's pretty hard but I'll give it a try...

First of all, your comment is territory we just don't go into within these pages. Natal females have an infinite number of inherent advantages over us when it comes to beauty without effort. Add to that as Michelle put it the need to artificially create shape, more often than not, and you really have a situation where making comparisons like apples & oranges. Women possess natural beauty and shape that are unmistakably female while the way we often present is done with smoke & mirrors.

I'll also add this. Many women have figure flaws which affect how clothing fits their bodies, not to mention having an effect on self-esteem. Men can certainly have the same issue but when presenting as men, addressing the flaws can be as easy as wearing jeans and a t-shirt. Many women's styles are designed around what is perceived as an ideal woman's figure and made to enhance and/or show-off those curves. Media then (unfairly) makes many women feel as if they are not measuring up if they cannot adhere to the perceived ideal. It's much easier to add padding to a typical uneventful male figure and create a curvy ideation of feminine shape than to take a perceived less-than-optimal feminine shape and try to squeeze into that tight size 6 dress. Maybe it's just me but I would never be so bold as to say that the enhanced male is somehow rocking an outfit better than his natal female counterpart. Isn't it alright to say that either is rocking the look without having to make a comparison??? Does it really make one feel better about themselves to say they are in any way "better" than someone else?

Women make such comments and it might come across as catty or bitchy but at least they're comparing apples to apples and that is their prerogative. Coming from our world, it just doesn't fly. Personally speaking, any positives I can project to the world to make them think female at first glance are offset by a host of negatives that eventually trump that perception, something that is true for many (if not most) of us. Respect for those who are emulated in these pages seems more appropriate than making an attempt at catty comparisons.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Aspiring Member
    About a year after my divorce over twenty years ago I was with a woman at an concert when a woman walked by and I made the comment I would look better in that outfit then she does.
    The woman asked what did I just say and I said it again. I had hinted that I was divorced because I enjoy wearing feminine attire and that comment just proved it.
    Sometimes the truth hurts and sometimes it will set you free.
    I no longer see that woman but think of her often, she was always easy to talk to.

My wife bought a dress for a wedding earlier this year. I tried it on and thought it did look better on me. Of course I never told her that. I was dissapointed when she took it back since she decided not to wear it. I didn't get a chance to say I wanted it.

Platinum Member
    H Bianca, You should tread lightly in this arena in downgrading GGs' on this forum.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

First, there's nothing wrong with thinking something to yourself; it's the saying of it that might, at the very least, be perceived as ignorant. The OP was able to do so because he probably knows his wife's sense of humor.

Second, thank you Sara Jessica, for your post. You are spot on.

Susan
    Susan GG

Genderfluid Swiftie DanielleLee's Avatar
    The key words here are: "thought to yourself". Yes I have, as many of us probably have. It comes with the territory of not having the same type of body hang-ups that many women unfortunately experience. That Bianca's GG wife agreed with him lends credence to Sarah's statement

Quote Originally Posted by Sara Jessica View Post
    Women make such comments and it might come across as catty or bitchy but at least they're comparing apples to apples and that is their prerogative.
    However... my opinion is that it's not apples to apples. Bianca wasn't stating her body was better than a GGs. She was stating she would look better in an outfit. An outfit is clothing. Clothing, regardless of who it is designed for, can be worn by a man, a woman or a mannequin and look good. The point is that yes.. sometimes one man may look better than one female in an outfit. Whether it because of the women's body or because the guys shape... it happens. All clothing is not equal and neither are our bodies. We have to dress our bodies with clothing that flatters.

Bianca... I appreciate the light humor. I didn't find you were trying to enflame GGs and suggest that you were better than the real thing.

DanielleLee

We can imagine that an outfit would look better on us than a particular genetic woman, and our spouse might go along with our comment, but it would take a really well put together crossdresser compared to a "not well put together" genetic woman to make it happen.

The odds are slim of it happening.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

You could take the worst shaped lady in the world and odds are it would look better on them than on me..... Really it's hard to cover a 6'2" ,large boned guy like me with a very feminine dress and make me look good. Lol

Only while watching 'what not to wear'... and even then I'm sometimes at a loss to know what's wrong with something...
    Chickie

I think that all the time, but seriously I was trying some dresson with my girlfriends when I was twenty and this situation cropped up a lot.
    I apparently did look better in some dresses than the girls.
    An A line shift suited my no hips all the time compared to some who had prominent hips and behind.
    I was a skinny little thing, envied by others then.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Well I can't say that I ever felt that an outfit would look better on me, but I have said that I would enjoy wearing it more.
    After searching my lingerie drawers, I have come to the conclusion that they lied. Ruffles don't have ridges. At least mine don't.

Banned Read only
    Sometimes I speak my mind and sometimes I keep my thoughts to myself! There is always a time that I see a woman wearing something and I might think I'd like to be wearing that, NEVER a time that I would break the 13th Commandment of CD and even think it would look better on me!

Quote Originally Posted by Bianca Star View Post
    have any of you ever looked at genetic woman and thought to yourself "honey that outfit would look soooo much better on me"
    Nope, never. Even if I see a GG wearing something really horrible, I doubt it would look any better on me.

Banned Read only
    a "body" might look better in one outfit or another, but you'll still look like a dude in a dress.

The answer is "Oh, yes"; many times! I especially felt that way on some of the cruises I was on when it was a "dress up" night!
    Hugs, Carole

Quote Originally Posted by carhill2mn View Post
    The answer is "Oh, yes"; many times! I especially felt that way on some of the cruises I was on when it was a "dress up" night!
    I can certainly relate to that. But I must admit it was several years ago and I was practicing a lot more at the time and not nearly as big. Of course I envied the fact they were there dressed in the outfit and I couldn't be. That was much of the fuel for the thought.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Fran
    It's worth something just being around to Fuss!

Actually I look better than your mom does in a dress!

J/K of course! I'm surprised the bragging continued after Sara posted what she did.

yes, and my wife will periodically complain, saying "that skirt looks better on you than on me, it's not fair!".

Just one of the Girls 4mymichelle's Avatar
    With so many choices of colors and styles there is not one choice that fits all. Some outfits that will look flattering on one person may not on another. My wife tells me the exact opposite, that will look better on me than you. Lol

Nope. Haven't thought I'd look better in an outfit. Quite the opposite; a lot of times I'll see how a GG wears an outfit, and think, "I wish I could I really wish I could wear that." Reality stinks.

Quote Originally Posted by DanielleLee View Post
    The key words here are: "thought to yourself". Yes I have, as many of us probably have. It comes with the territory of not having the same type of body hang-ups that many women unfortunately experience. That Bianca's GG wife agreed with him lends credence to Sarah's statement

However... my opinion is that it's not apples to apples. Bianca wasn't stating her body was better than a GGs. She was stating she would look better in an outfit. An outfit is clothing. Clothing, regardless of who it is designed for, can be worn by a man, a woman or a mannequin and look good. The point is that yes.. sometimes one man may look better than one female in an outfit. Whether it because of the women's body or because the guys shape... it happens. All clothing is not equal and neither are our bodies. We have to dress our bodies with clothing that flatters.

Bianca... I appreciate the light humor. I didn't find you were trying to enflame GGs and suggest that you were better than the real thing.

DanielleLee
    I am with you Danielle. Yes, sometimes a particular man in a particular outfit may look much better than a particular woman in that same outfit. Now, translated that means sometimes a guy can pull off a great look. Sometimes that guy may even on close inspection look better than that particular woman and women similar to her. As we all say here, everyone comes in all shapes and sizes and .... looks. We are talking here about looking like a woman and not about being a woman.

Most of the shape wear that I use is made for women, not guys who like to dress as women. So, that woman who in her natural state may not be able to carry out a certain look (here I am talking about how the item or items of clothing hang and look as a complete package) has access to most of the same shape wear that is wannabes do. Some GG's take advantage of it and other do not. No problem either way.

The OP was not denigrating any woman. And she didn't hurt any feelings, say anything offensive to anyone, or do something hurtful or hateful. Lighten up! There is no harm to anyone in thinking 'That would look better on me than you' as long as you don't say it. I wish I could look good enough that that thought could even have a ghost of chance in my mind.

Deedee
    It's not wrong... but it is forbidden!