Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: And my new number one reason to remove my body hair......

And my new number one reason to remove my body hair......

To save my life!

That's right.... shaving off your body hair.... mainly chest hair could save your life in an emergency!.... I took my mandatory government part 48 safety retraining all us coal miners have to do every year and in the first aid portion I learnt something interesting.... The cute little EMT who taught us started telling us about heart attacks and issues when using the AEDs ( Automated External Defibrillators) on men with chest hair.... and even though they supply a razor to shave the chest it usually doesn't work and they have to use one of the two sets of electronic pads to effectively wax off the guys chest hair. That leaves just one set to use and has wasted lots of valuable time that could be used to restart your heart and save your life.... the survival rate with just cpr is like 8%.... add and AED and it goes up to like 40%.... if used within the first few minutes.... every minute delayed drops the survival rate big time! So by having you body hair removed you could be helping the EMTs save your own life if you have a heart attack.... I can think of no argument that could possible trump "I did it to keep from dying" .. Totally made the 12 hour retraining worth every minute!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Thanks Karren....I knew there was something I had to get off my chest!

Exactly my reason for keeping shaved.
    Link to my flickr photostream:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/kandybarr

Aspiring Member Tammy Nowakowski's Avatar
    Wow I did not now that
    thanks for sharing

Banned Read only
    And, that is a reason for shaving your legs and forearms???

A lady in the making..... Erica Marie's Avatar
    Holy balls heart disease runs in my family. Now I know I have been taking this one important step all these years to protect myself.
    Thanks Karen!!!
    Erica

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Never liked body hair and when I finally said Im going to keep it off all the time it just makes me feel better about me. So sounds like another good reason for sure

I suspect that excuse will be about as believable as the ones about removing body hair for swimming or bicycling.

Just ask where they normally put the pads and shave just that area.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Seriously Linda? So you take your shirt off at the beach or the gym and you have a couple of bald spots just in case you have a heart attack? I would laugh hysterically if I asked a guy what's up with the bald spots and he says "landing zones for shock pads IF I ever have a heart attack". I guess you could shave a couple of strategic spots on your head in case you have a brain hemorrhage too. This could be a good mini series for doomsday preppers. LOL!
    I never new how masculine I was until I tried to be a woman

Quote Originally Posted by linda allen View Post
    I suspect that excuse will be about as believable as the ones about removing body hair for swimming or bicycling.

Just ask where they normally put the pads and shave just that area.
    I didn't say excuse? Reason... BIG difference....lol

.......My Photos

Good information to know, and besides you stay cooler without all that extra hair, I been almost hair free for a few years, and I don't care what people think anymore, Karren you be careful at work girl, there is too much you need to play hockey to get hurt at work, thanks for the story, happy Halloween to you girlfriend, hugs.
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE][SIZE="3"]Stacy Lynn Coral[/SIZE]

Oh! I can't think of a more vailid cover up for removing body hair either.
    Okay down to Boots & CV to buy some Veet.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

It'll be known as the "Karren Hutton" Technique :P Who knew retraining would benefit the world of CD'ers!

My GF likes, and I like myself best without hair on chest and various other places, so I am lucky to not need reasons :P
    Transgender girl

That's a hair raising story.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Good tip, Karren. Altho, if I had to deal with crap like shaving and nail maintenance I probably would never have started dressing in the first place!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

We had one guy at work that used to take his shirt off on hot days while we were loading trucks. He was so hairy it looked like he had a mohair sweater on (even his back). Sounds like he would have no chance of survival then.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie47 View Post
    And, that is a reason for shaving your legs and forearms???
    Well, you need to look balanced. Nothing worse than a carpet of hair on the arms and legs when your chest is smooth as silk!
    I dance to a different beat.

Ive shaved all my body hair for years, had a serious heart attack last year and had to be revived by defib, thank god I was shaved, seconds were actually critical in my case.

Never needed a reason but it's nice to have a medical one.

Quote Originally Posted by Shirley Anne View Post
    Ive shaved all my body hair for years, had a serious heart attack last year and had to be revived by defib, thank god I was shaved, seconds were actually critical in my case.
    That's awesome! Living proof!

.......My Photos

Thank you Karren. Cardiovascular issues are on both sides of my family. Males are typically buried by their threescore and ten.

So you tell your wife about this, and she comes home from work and says:
    "I did some research on this. I asked a paramedic. You are correct. He showed me where they attach those contacts. You may shave those little areas."

Thanks for the info Karren, I'm staying shaved!

I always keep my chest shaved since my chest hair doesn't grow well (luckily enough) so if I didn't it'd look terrible.

I was never all that hairy to begin with but I shave the majority of the miniscule chest hair I've got, (except for a small landing strip I keep for my SO). It' s good to know that a shaved chest can save my life in the event of a heart attack but the way my luck runs, I'll probably croak in a car accidant.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land