Thread: Wife gave me the green light

Wife gave me the green light

My wife finally gave me the okay to start hormones. I am beyond excited, and I feel this wave of relief knowing that soon I’ll be able to live as my self full-time (hopefully before my 30th birthday). We are also preparing to welcome our first children into the world in the next couple weeks (2 boys), so between that and me starting hormones there are a lot of changes. Any advice on how to manage the transition so I don’t overwhelm my wife, family, friends and coworkers? Did you come out in stages or all at once? I’d love to hear everyone’s experiences.

Platinum Member
    I can't offer any advice, only congratulations on your wife's support for hormone treatments and the new impending new members of your family.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Wow! That's a great new!
    I hope the best for the next born, so he will have two moms, lol
    Just wondering if your wife and you are completely aware of all the changes that in a young man as you the hormones could produce.
    All of us are different but there are some common side effects like growing of breast, male sexual drive decline, as to mention some.
    After that all, I would like to be young as you to begin my transition.
    Last edited by Devi SM; 06-20-2018 at 11:29 PM.
    HRT 042018; Full time 032019
    Orchiectomy 062020; gender& name legal changed 102020
    Electrolysis face begins 082019, in genitals for GCS 062021
    Breast augmentation surgery 012022
    GCS 072022; BBL 022023; GCS revision 04203;END TRANSITION

Aspiring Member
    Congrats on upcoming birth of twins. First child is a huge change in relationship dynamics. Add twins, and it is even harder. Add transition of a husband - and frankly i don't even know how to cope with it all. Do it slowly, and keep the priorities in check...

While I have no advice I can offer because I'm not there yet I will offer congratulations all around and wish you all the best going forward!
    Last edited by Elizabeth G; 06-21-2018 at 07:07 AM.

Congrats on your transition and your twins! That’s a lot to juggle! But I believe you can achieve greatness! You go girl! You and your wife can do it!

congratulations on the twins ,,, about the hormones im glad she said yes , but after the twins are hear postpartum depression (not all women get it ) may set in and it may changes things for the worst , im not trying to throw water on your parade just saying be careful ,, twins and your hormones could push her over the edge.

Congratulations and wonderful you have your wife's support...hope everything is going well for you
    Wearing my fuschia bodycon dress:
    http://imgur.com/6WkdAts
    For the first time, outdoors during the day:
    http://i.imgur.com/RmjIxbY.jpg

Congratulations Lindsey, you’ve got a wonderful spouse and an interesting road ahead. How you transition is your call and your call only. You can ask for input and involve your loved ones, but it’s your schedule on how to proceed.
    I am on year three of HRT, but I still present as male for my wife’s world. That’s my path and choice, and I’m happy for now. I have told folks that my life revolves around her and her love. Doesn’t mean I gave up on wanting to transition. Would conditions change, I will proceed. But all of this is my choice, my path.
    So plot your course and set sail. Be ready to make changes, change will come. But remember, you are the captain and it’s always your call. Good Luck!
    Be yourself. Everyone else is taken!

What Heidi advises seems sound. You have clearly been communicating well. Keep that up. Make sure her needs are met to the best of your ability. A new addition to the family may offer an opportunity to cement the bonds between everyone. Make the most of it.

And congratulations... On all your news. 😊
    Hugs,

Kelly

Myself being a twin and my oldest daughter having twins has given me some experience from within and observing from without. I would say that having twins is a full to overflowing plate by itself! While twins can be a joy, they present special problems and challenges; medically, psychologically, and socially. Just like transition! To be honest, I could not imagine adding your transition to the coming birth of twins. Lindsey, take it slow! You are young, maybe a bit impatient, but I am proof you can transition at any age!

Heidi
    What great advice truer words were never spokensusie ,I wish her the best with her life choices

Lindsey,
    There's a TV reality show, not actually things happen live it recorded and edited. In TLC channel, Lost in Transition, 9 episodes. There's a thread in media about it but I recommend you to watch with your wife so you will have the actual experiences of others ahead of you guys. One of the couples is living as you the wife pregnant.
    HRT 042018; Full time 032019
    Orchiectomy 062020; gender& name legal changed 102020
    Electrolysis face begins 082019, in genitals for GCS 062021
    Breast augmentation surgery 012022
    GCS 072022; BBL 022023; GCS revision 04203;END TRANSITION

Banned Read only
    Lindsey,
    It's wonderful to be expecting twins and also great that your wife is OK at the moment about transition. I would think hard what Dorit says , my first born daughter had problems and gave us little or no sleep for the first eight months , I couldn't even imagine what two could be like . The pair of us were like zombies on top of which I had started my own business , neither of us could have dealt with the transition situation on top .

Please be ready for your wife to do a U turn the reality of a double change in her life haven't hit her yet . I'm sure she'll want a full time father for a while when the time comes .