Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cyber CDing

Gone to live my life

Cyber CDing

Hi all,

I was reading an introduction post from a new gal here "Shadow Shift" and she mentioned that when she played online games, she always adopts a female character vice male. I thought to myself . . . When the option is given, I do that as well. In fact I remember way back when Dungeons and Dragons was played with dice and books (not game controllers and internet connections) when creating a character my stats were on the low side for a human male/fighter and my friends laughingly said you could always be a human female/fighter . . . so I thought "why not" and did. Believe me after she obtained the "gauntlet of orc strength" she kicked a@@.

My question to any of you who dabble in the past time of online gaming or just gaming, if given the option do you exercise a bit of cyber CDing and present female or male?

Hugs

Isha

Interesting post! I wonder if anybody has ever done a study in the real-world gaming community, on gender bending in that way. I'd like to known what percentage of gamers of both biological sexes that do it. In that context, I can imagine a lot of women wanting to assume the presumably-dominant male role in a game.

Added: I spent an absurd amount of time on Doom, but I gave up my joystick years ago.
    Last edited by Lisa Gerrie; 11-02-2013 at 06:08 AM.
    "Don't hate me just for wanting to feel beautiful."

I sure do - in fact I believe that I enjoy a game much more when it gives you such an option.

Count me as female! I wouldn't have it any other way!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Fun thread - my character in Skyrim is female, and is a freakin' awesome archer (no inspiration drawn from Hunger Games by the way ). One thing I find interesting is that if the game is really good, I sense a hint of an emotional attachment to the character, and the cyber-CDing angle adds just another dimension to that attachment.

Guilty as charged. I always pick a feminine cyber character in video games. Never thought about how many others may do the same. I so remember Tomb Raider because I thought of my self as Laura Croft. My wife got me a computer poker game and my character is Killer Kate (old west theme).
    Hugs
    Ellen Jo
    Somtimes the light's all shining on me, Other times I can barely see.
    Lately it's occured to me.....What a long strange trip it has been.
    Truckin by the Grateful Dead

In the ten years since I entered the internet there has never been any male persona. Only female.

I usually play a female in online games, and unless I'm playing a dragonborn in D&D I Play a female character
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

When playing D&D I would role up female characters and would usually have rich history story of loves lost and hardship growing up. I do so miss some of that. My online gaming is 90 yo 95% female characters.
    A friend cracked me up with "Well if your going to play something for hours you might as well look at something pretty". I do however tend towards getting as many outfit and clothing choices in the game as possible!

Yes, both in games and virtual worlds.

Most of the time i use a female character.

Platinum Member
    I am a Luddite. I have confined my CDing to the physical realm and my imagination. Once I tried to get interested in second life, but after creating a female avatar and wondering about a bit, I lost interest.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I always tend to chose a female persona/character when I am given the choice when I am gaming I especially do if they have a character creation aspect to them. Always disappointed though that they seldom have any hosiery as a clothing option too lol
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

yep i game as my female persona
    the only limit that u set, is the one u set yourself.

I don't play games.... online or otherwise.... I'd rather do reality crossdressing....
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Oooh! This is a funny subject indeed. I also used a female character whenever I could. I remember I spent like an hour customizing my "PGA Championship Golf" character and it was fun. I once played D&D with a female character which everyone loved to hit on... And then goes Baldur's Gate II, and Diablo I-II, and whichever game that let me play as a female. I loved Final Fantasy X-II for that reason, it was as girly as it gets! lol

This reminds me of an MMO parody on youtube in which suddenly the game master says "Now I will uncover your true selfs!" and suddenly everyone's male lol

Gaming is a 50 billion dollar a year industry and some of my students are creating some of that revenue so I like to play when I have time.

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Of the few online games I play, I'm always Carla. One favorite is golf, a game I play only virtually. I love watching my lovely avatar with her beautiful legs. I swear I get longer tee shots because of boobies! And when she misses a short putt, she does that cute little mad routine. Very entertaining. I keep telling myself to get into Second Life but, who has that much time.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

I always take the female option when the situation arises
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

When I play group or online video games, I usually choose a female character. I've even done this with friends in college (in person multi-player games). I sometimes wonder what they were thinking or if they even noticed I always chose the female. I would probably choose a male character if playing against co-workers, just to be safe, but otherwise I choose female.

Omg, I always thought I was weird for doing so. It's so refreshing to see that I'm not alone.
    Last edited by Michelle789; 11-02-2013 at 10:34 PM.
    I've finally mastered the art of making salads. My favorite is a delicious Mediterranean salad.

I guess I'm a luddite... I don't play group or online video games, despite working in IT... go figure.

Actually, I do play one group game called BZFlag and I picked "dawn" as my login one time just to see what would happen. I'm not a very good player and the other players were offering me advice as "dawn" whereas under my regular login, they'd just shoot at me. I guess chivalry is not completely dead?

When I saw the title cyber cding I thought it was going to be about people who post pics of them cding but never leave the house.

I play as female characters whenever I can, just have for a long time enjoy it as well when I can create and specialize the character to my wants

Back in the heyday of arcade games, I always chose to play Rampage as Lizzie, a building-smashing lizard who reverts to human form at the end of the game; as it turns out, Lizzie's a gorgeous young woman. 8)

Isha,

I have never done any cyber gaming. If there is something on-line of interest, Sophie does all the ordering and the wife does all the paying. Pretty sweet arrangement.