Thread: What I learned this Halloween

Wendy

What I learned this Halloween

I haven't posted in a while, so a quick reminder: I'm 6'0" and I don't shave my body as my SO doesn't know (please don't judge me in this thread.)

I went to two large Halloween balls last weekend. I had a small eye mask in my purse in case I saw someone I knew, but never used it. I know, I know...

Ball 1: I got a Mac makeover and wore a long sleeve short dress with black tights, and bunny ears. I was mostly ignored by everyone. Either I was passable as a large woman, or maybe just androgynous.

Ball 2: At a Halloween store a few days prior, I couldn't resist and bought a plus size Queen of Hearts costume (aren't womens Halloween costumes the best?). I wore a long brown wig I bought online that doesn't look good on me (but looked great with the little girl style dress I was wearing). The costume game with long gloves and white heart thigh highs. I shaved my chest a little, but not my arms or legs. So I was clearly a guy in a dress. I wore makeup, but I'm pretty bad at applying it, and obviously don't put it on at home.

I got lots of attention. High fives, laughs, people wanting to take pics, a couple of pats on the butt, thumbs up, whistles, women asking me about how I like heels, and of course, boob grabs (I still wore my silicone breast forms).

Guess when I had more fun. It was also a nice change of pace in that I wore I short dress without tights and long sleeves.

Btw, thanks to the person on this board who posted about going as a man in a dress for Halloween. That gave me the courage to go to Ball 2 like that.

Awesome outings Alison. Congrats!

Alison as you progress so will your confidence.
    Glad it was all good for you.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.