Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Can cross dressing alone really end a relationship?

Yes Reine, exactly. I think very few marriages end just because the husband admits that he finds it sexy to wear panties or stockings from time to time. Conversely, even a strong marriage would end if the husband can't come out of the pink fog enough to maintain a real connection with his wife. No connection = no marriage. (Assuming that the wife will have an instant connection with the female persona -- that's a fantasy.)

Gold Member
    A lot of CD and TS blame all their life problems on their gender variant status.
    When I was still in my Cd stages, my ex said that was the reason she wanted out but we had a lot more problems than just that. I don't think CD'ing alone would cause it.
    Keep in mind also that while the image some CD/TS get is - "She found out yesterday and filed for divorce today" is seldom the case. Usually it is months or years of turmoil before the relationship is ruined.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    Wow...so many topics:

1) Someone discovering they are CD (regardless of initial gender) is certainly not necessarily the end of a relationship, and certainly not mine. I was 55 and married 34 years when we discovered Tina. We were both shocked, and fascinated, and curious as heck. We both knew I was the same person 10 min before and 10 min after discovering Tina, so the question was only, "who is Tina?".

2) Realizing one is CD does not necessarily mean we are not manly men for a large part of the time. In my own case, when my wife wants her man, you can be sure she gets him. But there are times that she specifically invites Tina for a visit as well!

3) So this brings me back (as with Reine's post) what aspects are we talking about that are a problem, especially in established relationships? The "hiding" aspect has to be a big issue. When one spouse is not given all the details that they think they deserve in order to make a relationship decision, they are going to be upset. There will be some SOs who will find it all fascinating, and some might even see that they have "leverage" over their CDing hubbies because of it, but there will be some who, for whatever reason (and there certainly are many possibilities) will be at least intially turned off and outraged.

4) And lets not forget those relationships that are strengthened by having (suddenly or not) a CDing hubby. Those success stories get swept under the rug, and they are all less sensational, but they do happen. A part of that is education, where a surprised spouse begins to realize that there are real advantages to a CDing hubby. Without a doubt, those of us who are the recipients of that acceptance are incredibly dedicated to our spouses!

I love these topics with no definitive answers

Sharing is caring. So I would suppose that the partner that is excluded from the activity feels that they are being denied entrance to that part of their lovers life. Kinda like having sex with the light turned off all the time. When the light finally comes on we are afraid they won't like what they see.
    CANCER IS A BITCH SO YOU HAVE TO BE MORE OF A BITCH TO BEAT IT.

Kristy,
    Leaving and telling everyone including work sounds rather vindictive to me. If that's what she's like then exactly why are you still with her? (Rhetorical question, I'm not looking for an answer!)

If anything the cding was used as an excuse to end the marriage although it wasn't the true reason... My ex had used it time after time as an excuse as to why our marriage failed .She wasn't faithful in our relationship, several times in fact, but the excuse was because of what I did( give me a break).. Yeah ..It's an excuse because she knew of my cding before we married 25 years ago and said it wasn't an issue she was fine with it until the end..

Now she can not stay in a stable relationship she seems to attract losers who do not work ,drunks and druggies..
    I do not!! Claim to be an expert on any topic, when I post a new thread or reply on any thread my imput is strickly that of a crossdresser. Not to offend Gay people , Transexuals or any other life style, I am only commenting on one of my own.

Aspiring Member
    Can it be solely responsible for ending the relationship = YES
    Will it probably be responsible for ending the relationship = NO

According to some of the best surveys of wives of cross-dressers about 20% of wives find cross-dressing to be completely repulsive, disgusting, and such a turn-off that they can never look at their man as a normal, healthy, sexual partner - ever.

Fortunately most wives are more tolerant. Most wives need a man to hold and love them. They need a man who will protect them and make them feel secure. They need a man they can respect and honor. If you are that man, and you love, protect and respect your wife, then you're odds are pretty good.

http://www.tgforum.com/wordpress/ind...e-ii-report-3/

This is one of the best articles I've ever read. Thanks for sharing! It's good to see someone doing some actual research is this area, rather than all the personal conjecture that seems to have popped up on this thread

Quote Originally Posted by Confucius View Post
    Can it be solely responsible for ending the relationship = YES
    Will it probably be responsible for ending the relationship = NO

According to some of the best surveys of wives of cross-dressers about 20% of wives find cross-dressing to be completely repulsive, disgusting, and such a turn-off that they can never look at their man as a normal, healthy, sexual partner - ever.

Fortunately most wives are more tolerant. Most wives need a man to hold and love them. They need a man who will protect them and make them feel secure. They need a man they can respect and honor. If you are that man, and you love, protect and respect your wife, then you're odds are pretty good.

http://www.tgforum.com/wordpress/ind...e-ii-report-3/

Sad part of it is and great article BTW, I never dressed as I do today and didn't dress while she was around while we were together..I can go with the 20 percent as a few GG's mentioned on this post, that some get way to involved ( pink fog) ..But I never did it was always about the family,providing ,and being the best father I could and my children respect me for that now that they are grown.. I can not say that so much about their mother..She was more like a friend to them than a responsible parent and as they got older they started wondering about why they and mom stayed at a motel with a strange man when they were in their pre teens..

I think after all the affairs ,cheating and running around behind my back while I was working 80 hours a week to provide her a nice lifestyle drove the urges even higher for me to dress.. I was depressed, heart broken and married to a complete stranger after 10 years.. Those were the darkest times of my life and dressing eased the healing process and gave me the strength I needed to move on..I felt I was the one who abandoned my family and she sure made me feel quilt because of my earlier dressing before we was married ..I never lived it down while with her and now that I am away and my mind is clear,,I know for a fact it wasn't me or the dressing ..It was her needing an excuse she tried to come back a few times after I moved out and by that time I allowed the dressing to happen ..I no longer supressed the urges .. I told her that dressing is now a part of my life that will not go away I don't expect her to accept it and I will never dress in front of or around you but I will be doing it.. She went home and hooked up with her next door neighbor told our son that her and I will never get back together because of my dressing..
    Last edited by Lucy_Bella; 11-26-2013 at 05:47 PM.
    I do not!! Claim to be an expert on any topic, when I post a new thread or reply on any thread my imput is strickly that of a crossdresser. Not to offend Gay people , Transexuals or any other life style, I am only commenting on one of my own.

Quote Originally Posted by JessM. View Post
    ... remodeling.
    In a previous life I was a homebuilder. I can state that more marriages are destroyed during a major remodel or new home being constructed than due to the discovery of a spouse's crossdressing.
    When writing the next chapter in your life, start with a pencil and eraser - my first page as Miki is full of eraser marks.

Banned Read only
    MANY folks have reported in this very Forum that it did. Could at least SOME of them have been lying?

Undoubtedly.

How likely is it that ALL of them lied?

The math is pretty simple unless one has a completely CLOSED MIND. And/or refuses to remove the blinders.

Can drinking alone end a Relationship?

Can drug use/abuse alone end a Relationship?

Can just ONE affair end a Relationship?

Banned Read only
    Ah yes. This thread.

I know that it is difficult for many here to believe, particularly the supportive GG's here, who are, I think, as a rule, very special women, each and every one of them.

There are a number of reasons I woman might not accept ANY amount of CDing from her spouse:
    1. Some women have religious convictions that preclude them EVER accepting a CDing spouse. I'm not sure why there's any debate about this - I've talked to plenty of folks on this forum who've had wives that fell into that camp. It's not super common, but it happens. In that case, I guess we'd have to conclude that CDing alone ended the marriage.

2. Some women have just no flexibility in their views of gender / gender social roles / and sexuality. For most people in the hetero world, these things are NOT independent variables - they just kind of view them as one big lump for their own personal lives, with the exception "oh yeah, gay people have different rules." Some women doubtless can't handle a gender variant spouse without it assaulting her own sense of sexuality. Some women have very rigid views about what men and women are supposed to be and the roles they are to fulfill in a marriage. CDing could easily be more than they could handle, particularly if we're talking someone who fully dresses, forms, hose, wig, shoes, makeup - the whole enchilada.

I have no doubt that my wife seeing me presenting female for the first time vastly accelerated the demise of our relationship. It was just too much change, all at once, for her to handle. It shook her world-view. She depended on me a lot for emotional stability for herself, a guidepost if nothing else, and I turned everything upside down the day I walked out of my study in a dress. (She asked to see me.) She simply never recovered from this. Still hasn't.

One of my least favorite activities on this forum is the game of "oh, you broke up? Your marriage must've totally sucked!" Who the **** are you to judge? You don't know the person in question! You don't know the spouse - you don't know one damned thing except your own experiences and your opinion. And you may not be wrong most of the time - but jesus, have a heart! This is the last thing someone who's going through a divorce needs to hear. Believe me - if it sucked, they'll tell you. A lot. A lot more than you want them too...

Quote Originally Posted by Wildaboutheels View Post
    MANY folks have reported in this very Forum that it did. Could at least SOME of them have been lying?

Undoubtedly.

How likely is it that ALL of them lied?

The math is pretty simple unless one has a completely CLOSED MIND. And/or refuses to remove the blinders.

Can drinking alone end a Relationship?

Can drug use/abuse alone end a Relationship?

Can just ONE affair end a Relationship?
    To the last, definitely. Of the others you mention, it would depend on the causes of them and the effect of them. Why does someone drink and to what amount? or drugs, which is mostly the same thing. How does this person who drinks act differently when they drink? And lastly, if an S?O was lied to, or if the drinking was completely concealed, that too makes a big difference.
    Chickens should be allowed to cross the road without having their motives questioned

Really short answer: yep.

I have no doubt that my wife seeing me presenting female for the first time vastly accelerated the demise of our relationship. It was just too much change, all at once, for her to handle. It shook her world-view. She depended on me a lot for emotional stability for herself, a guidepost if nothing else, and I turned everything upside down the day I walked out of my study in a dress. (She asked to see me.) She simply never recovered from this. Still hasn't.
    Paula, in your case you pretty much say it, too much change too soon. That was a very big key here. Also, you are now transitioning, so she is not adjusting to a change of her husband, but losing him altogether. Women have the intuition gene, and I believe you have stated she knew right away where things were headed for you. She did try, she had hope that she could somehow weather this, but it was too much for her. It would be for many of the accepting GG's here of their partners who are CD's. They still have their husband or BF. You no longer are able to provide that role for her. Understand that this is in no way meant to be negative toward you. I would also agree that in some cases, any gender variance could be a cause of a break up. Most often though, how it is presented, handled, the pace of change and the amount of variance does play a big role in whether a relationship continues.
    Chickens should be allowed to cross the road without having their motives questioned

I truly think it can .Of course there may other issues but no marrige is perfect .Even after 6 years of being divorced my x (who i am now somewhat friendly with) says it was the crossdressing that ended it for her .Maybe im a rare case but it is what it is
    I have a hubcap diamond star halo

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by gendermutt View Post
    Paula, in your case you pretty much say it, too much change too soon.
    Total of my changes prior to separation:
    - I waxed off my body hair - this bothered her no end
    - I painted my toenails (my socks and shoes hid them most of the time)
    - I'd CD a fair amount - but not in front of her until she asked to see it
    - I went to a support group meeting once a week.
    This doesn't seem like a whole bunch of change.

My changes since separation:
    - I started electrolysis
    - I started HRT
    - I have my own tiny breasts now. Yay.
    - I go to a couple of different therapists, and a couple of different support groups
    - I'm actively talking to doctors about FFS, and SRS. I want both in 2014.
    - I live as a woman 24/7
    - I'm interested in men now, mostly thanks to HRT.
    This seems like a lot more changes to me - but you be the judge.
    Last edited by PaulaQ; 11-30-2013 at 03:14 AM.

Paula, you are only looking at it from an absolute physical aspect. And even that, after two decades of no knowledge of the feminine side of you is drastic for her. It is however the emotional aspect and what lies behind why you made the changes you made when you were still with her that she was not able to comprehend or deal with.

Women, GG's... almost all are born with a sense of intuition that "us girls" are not born with. Even though we have aspects of us that are more feminine, and not just the physical desires to look like one, we do not have the extra intuition that they are born with. In you wife's case, she had the intuition that for you it was more than just cross dressing and an increased feminine presence within you. So, those changes that at the time you perceived as minor were major to her. Both physically and because of what they meant and where it would end up.

For a lot of us who are thinking, hey, I am only doing a little bit here and there, nothing drastic, nothing permanent, please be mindful of the emotional impact that comes with it.

Of course it can be THE reason for a breakup. I've had women who had trouble seeing much lesser of an issue cause a break up than CDing. It's a huge thing for a woman to discover her love is a CDer. It erodes her faith in you as an honest partner. However, if she really loves you, she would be willing to try and get an understanding of it, but I would understand if she just couldn't deal with it. It is a BIG thing. Don't underestimate it.

I really believe that not telling about the cding cannot be emphasized enough when it comes to the difficulty that many CDers have with their relationships after it is told or discovered. Cding itself is such a complex issue. It is so because of the fact that our wives and GF's, especially if they are 100% hetero (and most are) are going to have a hard time with it based on their own sexuality. At least for some of the time we are asking them to bend that hetero to some extent. Then of course there is the society aspect in that it is among the biggest of taboos. The biggest of all though is the trust that is broken because they were not told early on. There is so much going on here in terms of Cding. As much of a roller coaster as it is or has been for us, it is for them as well. Then add in the broken trust issue...

AllieSF. Thanks for taking the time to articulate your point. I agree 100% with what you wrote.

Lucy,

Maybe she started cheating on you in the beginning because she felt your occasional, but cloaked CDing was, in her mind, like you had an affair? If this is true, this points more to CDing as being the reason for the divorce. Al the other behavior on her side was some sort of coping mechanism that just further undermined your marriage. Sorry to hear that she used your dressing against you in a very mean way after the divorce. This is why we don't reveal our true selves to just anyone. We know that they could or might use it against us. I hope you are living a happy life now and find that special person to share all of you with.
    Last edited by Shelly Preston; 12-02-2013 at 11:54 AM. Reason: Merged- please use the edit button

Quote Originally Posted by Jenniferathome View Post

I have long advocated that cross dressing can never be the sole reason for a breakup.
    Never say never.

Snoring too loud
    One spouse insisting on a waterbed, the other refusing to sleep on one
    Drinking too much
    Forgetting every anniversary

... any of these things have been presented as "sole" causes for requesting divorce
    and the relationship length did not seem to matter.

I'd say yes and no. Yes because women use the cross dressing as a weapon. It's always on the back of the minds and it leads to resentment. If she hates it and makes you feel bad for doing it then guilt and shame sets in. You become withdrawn from the relationship and she feels unwanted and undesirable. She then becomes snippy and cold and you become more distant and the marriage becomes hopeless. No, because what should the cross dressing have to do with wrecking a marriage. But it some how does. It all depends on the woman really and what kind of guy you are. I know of Neanderthal guys and their SO's think they're everything a man is supposed to be. I think its the hiding and lying they hate more than to fathom seeing their man in a dress. Who knows I haven't figured out my SO yet. One day she's cool and know it's disgusting. Some wives have accepted and some guys took a mile when only given an inch. If life evolves around CDing then like drugs or alcohol or gambling or whatever for sure being too obsessed with anything can destroy a marriage.

Good point Valerie about the gambling.... Is it the gambling itself or the money that was lost because of it? The money would not have been lost or wasted if it was not for the gambling. How many wives who are vehemently against gambling in any form are going to file for divorce because their husbands went out and bought a one dollar scratch off? They may really dislike that he even did that, but its impact is so minor that ending the relationship is extreme to the point where the guy never should have married someone like that in the 1st place....

But then.... what if, because of the woman's vehement stance on gambling, that the husband covers up the occasional one dollar scratch off purchase?? Now, what ends up as a train wreck is not the actual scratch off but the cover up because of it... The woman would have rather dealt with a minor gambling issue which has very little direct impact than lying about it. So long as.... the gambling didn't progress to becoming a full time poker player or spending every free minute he has at a casino....

So indirectly the Cding can lead to a break up. Its the lying about the Cding, or how it progressed into something more than occasional dress up and it then begins to directly effect the life of the wife, in ways she cannot handle, even though in every other aspect of the marriage the Cder does what any good spouse does.

YES,it CAN! If a gg has strong religious beliefs which do not tolerate, or accept men dressing in women's attire, and you don't repent, and totally stop cding, they will likely leave you. I have run into "brick walls" in trying to date some, and have been rejected because of it.