Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Toll Road Rest Stops

Aspiring Member Michelle Crossfire's Avatar

Toll Road Rest Stops

Hello all. Recently went out for another mini GNO. Did not stay long, not much going on. Anyway, on the way home, i stopped at a toll road rest stop and after some reflection, got out of the car and walked across the parking lot and into the rest stop building. Keep in mind, this was around 230a, so not too many people around. I think i saw one. These rest stops are pretty nice, with about 3-4 eateries inside, a souvenir shop, vending machines and restrooms. Most of which is closed at night except for maybe one of the eateries. Anyway, went to the restroom (ladies) and brushed my hair and checked my makeup. I then left and got back in the car and resumed my journey home. I stopped at the next rest stop, about 30 miles up the road, and this time, walked in, this is around 315a by this time, and got a drink of water at the fountain, which was all the way in the back of the building, then returned to the car and resumed the journey home. I did this while fully en femme and enjoyed the sounds of my heels on the floor and parking lot pavement. It was a bit chilly, but i also enjoyed the breeze on my skirt. Sorry, no photos. Still, a good experience nonetheless.

Glad it went well

Sounds like a great outing

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Baby steps Crossfire.

Gone to live my life
    Good for you. Glad it went well and more importantly you enjoyed your time en femme.

Hugs

Isha

It sounds so exciting.

Aspiring Member natalie edwards's Avatar
    Be careful in deserted places, especially at night.

I'm glad you had a good time, but remember two things:

1) Deserted places at night are not safe, especially for a single female. Yes, you're really a guy, but do you want to have to defend yourself? Even as a guy, the attacker may be stronger than you or have a weapon.

2) Considering #1 above and the fact that highway rest stops are often meeting places for sex acts, both homo and heterosexual, they are frequently watched by law enforcement. You could be suspected of being a hooker and stopped and questioned.

It's better to stop in broad daylight than late at night.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Wooo! Besides being necessary..... Rest areas are a lot of fun.... especially the ones with unisex restrooms where you can do quick gender changes.... lol
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

That's a good place to start! I can still remember my first rest stop ladies room that I went to! That was about forty years ago!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    Rest stops, a necessary evil sometimes but surely nothing to write home about!

he big thing early in the morning there are not many about and you can be alone.
    This is hazardous.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I'm assuming that this was on the Ohio Turnpike. These rest areas are not like on most interstates. Not only are they clean and well maintaned, but even in the wee hours there are usually at least a few people around besides other travelers. As you stated, there is usually one or two eateries open, usually one of the fast food places and Startbucks, there are usually a couple custodians around, and they are frequently patrolled by the OSP. They are generally safe, and pass the "Would my wife be safe going there by herself" test.

Also, the rest areas on the Ohio Turnpike all have a gender neutral restroom if you don't feel safe or comfortable using the ladies restroom. I'v stopped several times at OTP rest areas while en femme, and never felt unsafe or uncomfortable.

Congrats on the step out, Crossfire, from another Ohioan.
    Grace,
    Bobbi

"Talking is sharing. Listening is caring."

Congratulations. Its always wonderful to get out will dressed.
    Life is too short to worry about what others think about you!!!!!!!

I've never seen a gender neutral restroom at a highway rest stop.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Congratulations on your successful outing. I know how tough it is to develop confidence to get out there.

Whenever I hear about someone going out alone late at night I get very worried. A young GG on a non-CD forum I frequent lost her life late at night at a highway rest area. Her murderer was caught several years late by DNA evidence but that cannot bring the lady back.

It is far safer to go somewhere public in the light of day than it is to lurk about at night. I much prefer walking through the middle of a crowded mall to putting gas in my car late at night. I'm normally fairly bold, but Mimi and I actually left a station without filling up because I had a bad feeling about it. While darkness might seem to assure privacy it actually opens you up to a complete loss of privacy if the wrong sort of person is about.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Are you sure of instead of feeling the breeze on your skirt, you didn't mean the breeze up your skirt.LOL. Sounds like you enjoyed yourself and that's all that matters. Just always be careful late at night, alway practice safety.

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Wooo! Besides being necessary..... Rest areas are a lot of fun.... especially the ones with unisex restrooms where you can do quick gender changes.... lol
    Hi Karen, Kind of like Clark Kent in a phone both
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Oh, yes, those new plazas on the tollway are fantastic, compared to the old ones! One area that Ohio is far ahead of most states. They have cameras and usually security in those places and the parking lots. And finally some decent parking for us truckers.

Hugs,

Leah
    Be nice; It don't cost nothing.

Congratulations! I know the exhilaration you were feeling. Enjoy!

Its the little steps like this that can grow into bigger steps later on. I agree with Roberta that the OTP rest areas are clean and pretty safe. I have never had to use the rest area while dressed, but I don't think I would have any problem. Do be safe about where you venture out to.

Congrats on the night out!
    "Oh my God, I realized, it's not that we're screwed up; it's just that we've been trained to thnk so."
    ~Rick Novic, Alice in Genderland

Wherever there is a Sale or Macys, but mostly Baltimore MD
    Yeah be careful, I have a relative who is a trucker and for Halloween he told me the story of the Interstate Truck Stop Cereal Killer ...... a lot of raisin bran has gone missing over the years.
    Kelly DeWinter
    Find Kelly at:
    Kelly's Blog
    Flicker
    [COLOR=#2e8b57

Your assessment is correct. They are well lit, clean and i have seen maintenance employees inside quite often, even at 3am. Being that it is on a turnpike, and not a regular freeway, the traffic at that time of night tends to be less, so it makes it a bit easier if one needs to get out and use the restroom or walkabout.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta Marie View Post
    I'm assuming that this was on the Ohio Turnpike. These rest areas are not like on most interstates. Not only are they clean and well maintaned, but even in the wee hours there are usually at least a few people around besides other travelers. As you stated, there is usually one or two eateries open, usually one of the fast food places and Startbucks, there are usually a couple custodians around, and they are frequently patrolled by the OSP. They are generally safe, and pass the "Would my wife be safe going there by herself" test.

Also, the rest areas on the Ohio Turnpike all have a gender neutral restroom if you don't feel safe or comfortable using the ladies restroom. I'v stopped several times at OTP rest areas while en femme, and never felt unsafe or uncomfortable.

Congrats on the step out, Crossfire, from another Ohioan.

Sometimes they are called family restrooms.

Quote Originally Posted by linda allen View Post
    I've never seen a gender neutral restroom at a highway rest stop.

"Security cameras" do not prevent crime, they just make it easier to solve. They provide a false sense of security.

I have seen family restrooms in some malls and some stores.