Thread: What do you NEED to do?

What do you NEED to do?

Recently, I asked about the upper end of your crossdressing boundaries. Now I am curious about what you consider the minimum needed to manage. Is it dressing at home once a week, for example? Or do you need to step out on a regular basis? Have you found other less obvious ways of satisfying your desires so you can get by? Is your S.O. understanding of what these baseline needs are so you don’t become unhappy? And how has this lower-end boundary moved over time for you?

Personally, I don’t often dress at home, but find myself frustrated if I can’t go out for an evening at least a few times per month. Having to wear very masculine clothing, like a big flannel shirt or a suit and tie, makes me feel like I’m wearing a costume. Then there are all the little things: not having my nails done, having a buzz-cut, not seeing my ears pierced, wearing no makeup, or feeling lots of body hair would bother me - even though these aspects of my daily presentation usually have the opposite impact on ordinary people. These little things feel soothing and have relieved some of my basic need to dress over time, but not entirely.

Thanks again for any insights,
    Ashley
    Life is an endless struggle full of frustrations and challenges, but eventually you find a hairstylist you like.

I do not have anything in particular that I need. I do have a feminine side that is much stronger than that of the average man. Without some sort of expression life can be get quite frustrating and has. I know that one of the things that helps me with that expression is shaving my legs and under arms. No one sees this, but I can feel the difference and I much prefer the feeling of being shaved. I would really have to think about this if my wife were to be ok with me dressing in front of her if I were to stop shaving. That is purely a hypothetical, but I guess for an answer to your question, the best I can come up with is shaving.
    Chickens should be allowed to cross the road without having their motives questioned

I need to go out for a few hours each week. As I age, I'm finding I need to be more fem with each passing year. I suspect that by the time I'm 80, I will hardly recognize my male self.
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

I think that the "need to" side of crossdressing plays a bigger role to those who have limitations on how much they can dress. I fortunately have not reached that minimum level yet, so I cannot not identify it. I have very few limitations and constraints to my dressing when I want and going out. I like to go out with friends or have a target venue (play, meet up, whatever). I tend to get out 1-2 times a week when my and my friends' logistics line up. So, when I have to sit idle for a period of time, I can easily handle that because I know that it is only temporary and relief is in sight.

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    Under dressing seems to ward off 'the need to dress' demons, so I don't feel the need to dress as often as I did. My wife knows I wear knickers just about every day now, the laundry basket tells on me every week .

I am currently feeling the welling up of 'the need to dress' desire in my chest, so looking at either tomorrow or Thursday night for a session. If work is busy, then Friday night is absolutely guaranteed for this girl.

Now,............what to wear?

Rebecca
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

Banned Read only
    Being a retiree I have the opportunity to be en femme for an adequate period of time every day. I no longer have to snatch crumbs of time. Being able to do what make me feel comfortable whenever I want has eliminated any frustration caused by a prolong period of celibacy.

My absolute minimum is shaving underarms and chest, wearing panties at least once a week, and getting fully dressed once a month. I do not have the time or opportunity to do more than this at the moment. I would really like to dress at least once a week and go out dressed. I think that level would keep me content.
    I dance to a different beat.

For me there is no 'need' as such. I am Suzy in my head. The real me is a mixture of male/female. I dress at home as the woman I am. It just feels right.
    But when I am out I am fine with my man clothes as I am Still Suzy, I haven't changed like some sort of Jekyll and hide character.
    I sometimes think I am in the best of places as my life as a crossdresser and transgender is just about perfect.

California Dreamin Michaelasfun's Avatar
    My current "need" regimen is to shave my body and legs each day, use feminine deodorant and body spray, and underdress with panties and knee-high socks, all of which I can get away with and still go to work each day. Every once in a while tho, I'll see something cute online and order it, and when it comes, I am compelled to go full on Michaela with makeup/wig/new outfit and usually take pictures since I went to all the trouble and want to save the moment.
    Michaela

If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice. - Rush

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    What do you need to do...to keep the "pink fog" in check? Well, it starts off by underdressing every day. Shaved and trimmed body hair adds to the enjoyment how the lingerie fits and feels. Occasionally a skirt, shoes, and top are a plus in the enjoyment department. If things get a little whacky, there is nothing like shopping to get it all out of my system. The shopping is especially nice if my wife finds the perfect item before I do. Some of my favorites were of her choosing.

PS: Loved this comment; Under dressing seems to ward off 'the need to dress' demons, so I don't feel the need to dress as often as I did.
    Last edited by Gillian Gigs; 11-05-2013 at 03:42 PM. Reason: add on
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

There is no "minimum" per se for myself Hon. I either dress or I don't.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Gold Member
    I find myself scheduling my time as to have two days at home with no need
    to go anywhere. Just so I can dress and go about the house dressed.
    It is just so relaxing to just put on a dress rather than all that Boy stuff.
    Rader

Aspiring Member natalie edwards's Avatar
    Once a week fully dressed. No urges to leave the house. Lately my wife has been giving me that "what is this going to be every Saturday? She's got a point. I do need to spend some man timewith her too.

Ashley,
    I am able to dress 24/7 around home and all my needs seem to be satisfied with going out occasionally.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Banned Read only
    Hi Ash, hope youre doing good. We need to get together again and party. I had a blast the last time. Right now I'm in slump. Dressing is blah too me so I'm waiting for the urge to come back so I can do it to it. For me, just the fact that I can do whenever I want and to what extent I want and I have nobody too nag me to death. That's the nice part. I think a lot folks want it because they can have it when they want it. Human Nature.