Do we feel we are "clocked", or cause ourselves to be "clocked" more than we should?
Let me explain. I remember very clearly that many years ago I was walking through a mall, I was looking down into my purse for a stupid little piece of paper that I had written a color choice of lipstick I was going to buy. After I found it I looked up, I immediately started to look around to see if people were watching me. (Don't really give a diddly anymore).
After a bit it dawned on me. If I was looking at someone when they happened to look my way, they would immediately lock on to me longer than a momentary glance. And now that they were looking if they saw something that didn't fit it would cause them to look more in depth. So I got to thinking... would that same person have looked and scrutinized me at if I hadn't been looking at them in the first place?
So I finished walking, using my peripheral vision to see what number of people actually looked my direction if I WASN'T looking at them. The number was surprising. Very, very few actually looked. By looking I actually drew their attention to me for a longer period.
Taking this little experiment a bit further.... the next day while in drab I did the same thing. Walked and watched people - they would look back instead of just glace past. Walk and watch out of the corner of my eye and they would short glance, if at all.

So where am I going with this? I'm trying to get the point across to the girls just getting out in the world that unless you bring the attention upon yourself with eye contact, others really could care less. Go have fun and stop looking for people that are watching you. For the most part they aren't ----- unless you give them reason.

There's probably many other tips some of the "regular" out an about girls here on the site have, so it would be nice if they pass them along too.