Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Self-Image - Do You Feel Like a Woman?

It depends on my level of juice. At my age (68), this level influences a lot of things. Every 3rd day or so I get to feeing frisky, and the friskier I feel, the more my inner female comes out. Throughout my life, I have preferred being cross-dressed by a dominant woman, though I have enjoyed doing the solo thing, especially if the lingerie is from a woman. I like to feel possessed by femininity, especially the femininity of a specific woman. This type of encounter is not hard to find if you do a little looking. But with or without the encounter, I would say that every third day or so I turn femmy.

Quote Originally Posted by Beth-Lock View Post
    I have been experimenting with cross-dressing, and was amazed at how I could switch back, without losing any of my femme ways, adter the hour or two of it, had passed.
    Quote Originally Posted by IanBrianna View Post
    I like to feel possessed by femininity, especially the femininity of a specific woman. This type of encounter is not hard to find if you do a little looking. But with or without the encounter, I would say that every third day or so I turn femmy.
    I rest my case......
    "Never forget the many ways there are to be human" (The Transsexual Taboo)

Quote Originally Posted by IanBrianna View Post
    But with or without the encounter, I would say that every third day or so I turn femmy.
    Oh yeah..me too! I wanna touch myself right now!
    Last edited by Marleena; 11-19-2013 at 05:34 AM.

Gosh it's good to be back among you living, thinking, feeling women. I read the OP, and skimmed the remainder of the responses so as not to unduly color what I feel about this. Please excuse the "duh" factor if I therefore seem a bit obtuse; anesthesiology apparently has a long hangover! Well before, and certainly during the start of my transition I thought a whole lot about what it feels like to be a woman, of course in the sense that I wanted to be sure that I was on the right track when starting HRT and turning my former life into tattered shreds. Something stands out in my memory from this forum, wherein someone stated something like "... it's not like I wake up every morning, open my eyes, and think I Am A Woman. I'm just ME." That seemed quite logical to me, as indeed, that's not what I do either, upon waking, or going about my day.

And the premise of "feel like a woman" of course relies on the concepts, or attitudes, or intrinsic ways of acting and reacting to life's situations, minute by minute, does it not? So in my case, where did all that pre-conception come from? My mother of course, and my aunts, and the ladies in the neighborhood, and heavens let's not forget the bloody television droning on in our poor helpless little skulls as we carried on our young existences in front of them. So from all the above sources surely something must have gone into my formulation of my womanhood. It's not entirely in-situ! It only seems logical to me. Now, pick, choose, validate, invalidate, disregard, inculcate, let's go through all these mechanisms to winnow the seed from the chaff. And lest I forget, there's also that concept of nearly mystic proportions, difficult to describe, that hey, all the foregoing stuff, sure, that's all part of it, but wait, I feel like a woman (or not).

Like if I woke up on a deserted desert island, rubbed the sleep out of my eyes, thought about my upcoming day and wondered how I'd get on, would I even give a crap if I felt like a woman or not? I don't think so! I want to eat, sleep, be healthy, and have a loving partner to watch my back and snuggle up to at night.

So to me it comes down to content and quality of forethought and afterthought that I give to my desires and wants, and my regard of how I and others have behaved in the past, and will in the future, when posed with various life situations and trials.

Now, here I can get some thinking going, particularly in light of the fact that I've have so many years of the male shell of "he who shall remain unnamed" and how "he" went about things under the duress of testosterone poisoning, boyhood, adolescent and adult peer pressure and the realities of a tough adult world, and how "he" went about dealing with it all. And although perhaps all situations couldn't be categorized into polar opposites like kind/unkind, tough/weak, analytical/emotional, etc., there does seem to be quite a bit of data back in my internal drives that are showing some pretty marked contrasts between then, i.e., pre-outing, pre-HRT, pre-body modification, and now.

Kindness, gentleness, nurturing, and many similar terms that are most commonly associated with "womanhood," are seemingly ideals of womanhood that I hold most important now. And this is not an active seeking of these characteristics that I'm engaged in, but rather, noting after the fact, that are behaviors that I'm exhibiting towards myself and others. Many males of course exhibit these behaviors and attitudes, but in my experience, is it a stretch to say that they at least not likely to do so as much as we do? I don't think so. And are we in general more kind, gentle, and more nurturing, or at least aspire to be so more throughout our day? I do anyway. And are there still bitches among us? Sure there are, but hey, so what! We're human. At least I'm not getting called an @$$h0!3 anymore! LOL

And I readily feel a piercing of my heart at the misfortunes of others, and the urge to associate myself amidst physical and emotional beauty and the loveliness of this world and others of like mind. That's part of my particular version of feeling like a woman. Of course males do, too, to some extent, but are they as willing and compelled to do so as so many of us here have repeatedly expressed the compulsion to do so are? I don't think so.

So I'm corny, so simplistic, so unsophisticated? So what! My womanhood is not a result of an analytical process, at least as far as I can tell from up this close to "me," but rather that wide range of strongly felt desires, reactions, empathetic feelings and urges that I've found I Did Not Have before my outing and transition, and that now do have, now that I'm on my way.

Anyway, so glad to be back, and I wish all you true, sweet, thinking women the best this life has to offer in the short time available to us,

)0( Ann )0(
    ​​ღϠ₡ღ✻ Ϡ₡Ϡ₡Ϡ₡Ϡ₡Ϡ₡✻ ღϠ₡ღ✻

No One Can Make You Feel Inferior Without Your Consent
    Eleanor Roosevelt

​​​ღϠ₡ღ✻ Ϡ₡Ϡ₡Ϡ₡Ϡ₡Ϡ₡✻ ღϠ₡ღ✻

YMMV
    My ex and I used to joke about the Shania Twain song, "Man, I feel like a woman". When it would come on the radio we would dance around and hold our bellies while singing like we were having period cramps, pretend we were shooting babies out of our bodies with some of the kids dolls that were always laying around. We would try to outdo each other with our absurdity and it was always a blast lol

http://www.vevo.com/watch/shania-twa...n/USMNV0300062

Sometimes we can think way too hard about stuff
    "In our lives, change is unavoidable, loss is unavoidable. In the adaptability and ease with which we experience change, lies our happiness and freedom."

"My actual gender identity emerged as I healed from the scars of childhood not because of those scars" - Kelly J