Thread: What Makes Cross-Dressing Satisfying and the Ideal CD Experience

Amazing Member

What Makes Cross-Dressing Satisfying and the Ideal CD Experience

In my history of cross-dressing, a couple of the fantasies that played a big role in my life as a secret cross-dresser, was the idea that I could have a much better and more satisfying experience cross-dressed, if I could keep it up for a whole day. From that fantasy, I often added, stay cross-dressed for a whole weekend. Then, I even dared to fantasize about being able to cross-dress for a whole week. Did this mean that I was moving towards the idea that I wanted to feel like a real women, by cross-dressing for long enough to start to forget that I was a man? Was it just a matter of intensifying the feeling that I was just like a woman? Did I really have, lurking in my unconscious the idea that I really felt I was a woman, because I wanted to be a woman, perhaps, to be one only as long as it would be practical, in what was otherwise a man's life?

Some psychologists used to say you could tell if a man wanted to feel that he was a woman, or feel just like a woman, which was different from one who just wanted to masquerade as a woman, by whether of not, as a cross-dresser he wanted to wear all the underwear of a woman, right next to his own skin, or wear male underwear under his women's clothes instead of women's underwear.

How long would you like to have to dress as woman, in the ideal situation: an hour, a day, a weekend, a week, a month or a year? Is that connected with wanting to feel like a woman or wanting to feel you really are, a woman, suspending your understanding for the time, that you really are a man?
    NOTICE: Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies, projects or any other reasons, PLEASE BE WARNED THAT You DO NOT have MY permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or ANY forum posts both current and future. If you have DONE THIS or do IT, I MAY consider IT a violation of my rights to privacy and it may as a result, even be the subject of the appropriate action, including steps permitted under the law involving courts and lawyers. Why not ask for my approval and permission first?

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    I think for me to do it for a whole weekend would be great but I think that's about all I would want to do, going back to once or twice a week would be fine

Small town in western Kansas middle of nowhere
    A couple of years ago I had the opportunity to dress and stay dressed for two and a half days. It was wonderful, I wore every different outfit I owned (not that I have that many) I spent hours trying to perfect a "look" with my makeup, none of which I ever thought I pulled off, and got to spend some time sitting out side. At the end of that time I was really torn not wanting it to end and at the same time wanting it to end. Once I was back in guy mode though and on the road I was ok.

Now I have never thought that women's jeans would fit me or that I would be ok in them but from what I have been reading on this forum and some others I am wondering if I had a couple pair of them I could wear them to work in my shop and do some other things and wouldn't that be great.
    "It takes all kinds of kinds" Miranda Lambert
    Now some point a finger and let ignorance linger
    If they'd look in the mirror they'd find.
    That ever since the beginning to keep the world spinning
    It takes all kinds of kinds.

Ideally, I would like to be able to just wear what suits my mood at that moment in time. But of course, reality says Nope. It says wear what you need to " get er done". Besides fashions have changed, while I love the the 1950's look of dresses and heels for everyday wear it just isn't practical. So, I wear what I can when I can outside, but undies are always my "secret. Remember most ladies jeans have "bling" and small pockets on them, so if you wear them you may have to carry a purse.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    For me the ideal seems to be three days in either gender. It seems that I really need both genders in my life and three days allows both genders to have time to flourish. I've never cared for the one or two hour visit of Tina as it felt like she's bein g slighted somehow. Three days is also a good length for well-done nails and such.

I reckon two or three days would more than fill my tank

Being retired and mostly out, I can wear what I want much of the time. Most mornings I go to the gym en drab, swim for an hour, and while splashing around I try to tune in to my body feelings and decide whether or not to dress for the day. I find that my enthusiasm runs for several days, sometimes for a week or more, and it feels great. But then I find I am done with it for a few days. I'm at that place now -- I dressed intensely for the past couple of weeks, by "intensely" I mean every day with a lot of attention on body-shaping underwear, complete outfits, coordinated accessories. Then yesterday I had the opportunity but not the will, just too much bother.

I did wear a bra and forms, lately I do that most of the time even when otherwise presenting en drab. And I also find that my definition of "en drab" is shifting -- I'm always underdressed because I don't have guy underwear any more, now that it is winter I'm in panties and a camisole every day with stockings or panty hose for warmth if I need to be working outside, and I'm replacing my every day guy trousers with girl jeans, they fit better and come in colors too. But to the OP question, no, while I enjoy imagining that I move and look like my sister, I don't lose track of the fact that I am a guy in a dress.

I think a week is about right

The non-GG next door.... Candice Mae's Avatar
    I've spent the majority of a month dressed, by the end of it my male self was a stranger to me. I did two six day stretches dressed, and dresses five days out of each of the remaining two weeks. In all it was 22 full days dressed, the remaining nine days I spent parts of the day dressed. After the first week everything was pretty routine, like I had been doing it all my life. The time I wasn't dressed was weird, I felt like a stranger in my own apartment, woman's clothes folded on the couch after doing laundry, a purse hanging by the door, make up and other products in the bathroom, bra's hanging to dry on the bathroom shower curtain rod, and the smell of a woman lingering through out the apartment.

It was a good experience for me, I really learn a lot about my self.
    Last edited by Candice Mae; 11-07-2013 at 09:05 PM.

I dress regularly and there is very little fantasy in what I do these days.
    I am lost a little when I have to dress in drab to go and earn money.
    I look forward to changing back when I finish work.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I dress when I can - never seems to be enough, but once I spent three days en femm and wasn't ready to go back but I also enjoy my guy side - except "she" is always there - just behind me.......................Debra

Platinum Member
    Hi Beth, It's the satisfaction of seeing that pretty lady in the mirror smiling.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Since I can dress pretty much when I want, though all day and every day for an extended period of time would mean being out of town, I really have no strong desire to dress for a long period of time. I am also in the closet to friends, family and neighbors and see no need to step out of that small closet, for now. I would like to do more of my daily routine dressed casually as a woman, but it is not a must.

The most has been a few hours on a Sunday with my wife. It is difficult because we both work and are in college. She really enjoys me dressing and we have fun doing makeup. But we both want a full weekend. We had a girls spa day planned this weekend, but she got called into work for Sunday and Saturday I have to work now. So we really want a full weekend. I feel so bad that I take all this time to do my makeup and pick the right outfit and then I have to scrub it all off since I have to go be a T.A. the next morning and go to class at night. My fantasy is just to feel feminine at home with my wife. She says Valarie is the girlfriend she always wanted.

I know what you mean.

It's not just the clothes. If it were then all of us who have ever tried to purge by throwing away all our clothes would be walking around today in dockers and a polo shirt and feeling content with themselves. No it goes much deeper into the mind than just the feel of silk,satin and latex. It may appear to start out that way but that's not what it ends up being.
    Psychologists need to go back to school and learn how to ask the right questions if they ever intend to get the right answers.
    CANCER IS A BITCH SO YOU HAVE TO BE MORE OF A BITCH TO BEAT IT.

Platinum Member
    I've been dressing nearly full time for a couple of years, as as said above, there isn't much fantasy associated with it. I will say that whether I've been dressed for a week straight or just an afternoon, I always feel a bit remorseful about having to shift back to male mode. I feel at home when I'm dressed as a woman and foreign in male attire.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

When you get to the point where I am the gender part of it kind of fades as I've accepted all of my feelings and made them my own. Then, mostly for the sake of appearance or presentation, I choose which mode I want to utilize. Sometimes circumstances kind of dictate that as one thing I've learned is that most people expect either male or female and I can do either/or. Not too many are ready for an amalgamation of both in body and/or spirit.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I share your fantasies, I would also like to spend the weekend, or even more dressed. Particularly if I took no male clothes along and was completely dependent on my female self. However, for me it is more the experience of being able to do it, or maybe getting away with it than it is to have any desire to be a women. After all, a women going out dressed as a women ( or even in mens clothes is no big deal ), but a man going out dressed as a women is completely different.