Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 9-1-1

Quote Originally Posted by kimdl93 View Post
    So your boss knows you are cd? I would go, but maintain distanc.
    Lol her boss is CD and Mum is gg.
    "When failure is off the table the only thing left is to negotiate levels of success" M Hobbes

"Never Let your Fear Decide Your Fate" Awolnation

"A new dawn destroys the tranquility of the darkness" Steph W

Have fun and be prepared for your boss to ask over and over, "are u ok with this?". She seen something in u that made her tell, jello shots included . Trust me your boss is as nervous as u are and is still scared she said anything. She wants to make sure everything is ok between u.
    Explain to me why I can't live in both worlds? ....... Well your rules are stupid!

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mumstheword View Post
    No love... He is. I'm a GG... Do I look cd?
    Honestly, I just assumed the pic was someone else! I'm easily confused!
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Just be yourself, that's what made her be at ease to tell you in the first place. She is likely just as scared as you and just wants a friend. Nothing wrong with that.

It seems I am the only one who says, "Don't go!!!".

This is NOT a business lunch, and therefore is not part of your contract.

I warned you before, not to get emotionally involved. I repeat, "Don't get involved!"

I see a train wreck coming. Sorry.

(On second thought, No I'm not sorry. I have to tell it the way I see it, and I see you ending up in tears..)

well Mums, I think you do probably have to go, turning own the invite will just make things so much more awkward at work. But, like I said yesterday, you may be on a slippery slope. I know Mr. Big (or Dr. Big) wants to share his secret with you and that's all well and good. But, he is still in a position of power over you. He may very well just want a gg to hang out with from time to time (which is something I would LOVE to have), no strings attached. If you're cool with the occasional outing with her, then go for it. If she wants something more than that, it could be a deal breaker for you, up to losing your job. The whole part about his miserable marriage keeps bothering me. My wife and I have a great marrriage, although she's not a fan of my cross dressing, and I'm really not interested in straying. Either way, you're in now, so all you can do is follow up and find out whats on her mind. I hate to be so suspicious. I had a gg (a sales associate by the way) who I shared my desire to have a gg to hang out with and she said, "Aren't you worried that if you found an accepting woman you'd fall in love with her?" Meanwhile, I can't wait to get the follow up on your lunch.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    It is sticky. Going to lunch in a public place is ok. Colleagues and work professionals do this all the time, regardless of who reports to whom.

The issue is the conversation. This is not a time for you to commit to anything. "I'll get back to you on that" is always a phrase that is available. Take a few moments to think about various threads of conversation. That will prepare you as best you can be prepared.

Good luck, but I do think this will be ok. Keep as professional as possible. Make it a business lunch whether he wants it that way or not.

...well, isn't your boss the same person you knew up until now? Isn't it just dressing differently? So, just be honest, tell your boss what you feel, but caution...this is your boss, so you should factor that in. That's probably why your boss wants lunch, to make sure you are okay with the changes.
    Chickie

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Mums is married so I don't think she is going to get "involved" Gale.
    She could make this into a good thing for her job wise so I would take advantage of the opportunity.

Wellllllll ? C'mon fish lips - dish !!! It is 2:30 p.m. so you have had plenty of time to have lunch, visit the ladies to update us and let us know what is happening !!

Follow your dream.
    I'm probably going to get slammed for asking/saying but am I the only one here wondering if this whole thread is fantasy fiction?

who cares, is cold and windy here near Lake Huron, soooooo much more fun than flipping channels.

Quote Originally Posted by Jill Devine View Post
    I'm probably going to get slammed for asking/saying but am I the only one here wondering if this whole thread is fantasy fiction?
    Oh trust me, you're not the only one thinking the exact same thing....
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

GG/SO of a CD
    I always say that its best not to get to personal with your boss. Something can go wrong and someone gets fired, or something and then it turns into a giant dramatic mess. I think that you might need to careful because unless you have a clear friend/boss distinction. Things get messy. FAST.

Quote Originally Posted by Jill Devine View Post
    I'm also a little suspicious.

Also feeling a little confused and curious about what the workplace's regulations might be for employee/boss relationships, dates, hang outs, etc regardless of gender or orientation. I dunno...

If it's a genuine story, then good luck to all involved.

Hey, as long as he buys, who cares right?
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Lady in Being (7/20/17) AmyGaleRT's Avatar
    Mums, please come back and tell us how it went. The suspense is killing me!

- Amy
    Amy Gale Ruth Bowersox (nee Tapie) - "Be who you are, and be it in style!"
    Member, Board of Trustees, Gender Identity Center of Colorado
    aka Amelia Storm - Ms. Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2018-2019, Miss Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2015-2016

Quote Originally Posted by Mumstheword View Post
    Blue....He knows all the sweet nice things, like I volunteer , I bake cookies for the troops, I coach cheerleading, I read to the blind.... He doesn't know that I like to dress like a wh@re on weekends & do Jell-O shots off of strangers.. I have known him for 20 years, worked for him for 14... I don't talk about to much personal life at work, I have always felt like who cares just do your damn job. We've had other employees tell us their life stories, their kids life stories, their break ups, everything.. I think that's why he likes me bcz I'm not a whiner, I don't bore him with details.he can trust me.. Well maybe not .. I just outed his secret to thousands of fabulous people in one day.. Whoops
    Your imitation of a GG needs some work.
    [SIZE="4"]Momarie[/SIZE]

If your boss asks you to meet him for lunch, it seems to me you are pretty much obligated to go. I've been invited to lunch with my bosses before. It was more a "thanks for doing a good job" than anything else.

I would go with the assumption that it's job related. If crossdressing comes up, I would keep that subject as short as possible and go on to something else.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Quote Originally Posted by GaleWarning View Post
    It seems I am the only one who says, "Don't go!!!".
    You're not the only one. I agree.
    I was hired by a good friend, and we had a very good relationship at work. But I intentionally placed a little distance between us outside of work. So for years we remained friends outside of work and good working partners. It all went south one day, when on my day off he imposed a personal favor on me that was incompatible with my plans. I declined to do the favor and things were never the same. Bosses like him are called "benevolent dictators", meaning I'll take care of you at work but you work for me at all times.
    Meetings can start out innocently, but can get complicated. I say keep your distance.

Once upon a time, I was a member of a gaming forum. Chock full of geeks, nerds, competitive gamers and hobbyists showing off their skills and bragging about their gaming abilities. There were male and female gamers, kids, teens, adults, and the ages ran from 7 to 68 y/o's.

And then, one day, a gamer-geek goddess joined the boards. She was 19, hot, blond, had hot friends (and pics to prove it!) and played the games. Then, rather quickly, she revealed that she was a pole dancer, engaged in Off Topic sexual talk, and totally hooked at least one lonely young man who, through her texts and responses, fell for her. Hard.

When some of the community, myself included, started to voice our suspicions of the 'lady's' veracity, 'she' finally confessed that 'she' was a group of college students supposedly working on a group project for a psychology class. The young man who thought he had found a romantic friend, was devastated by the revelations of the truth. It is very easy to deceive and be deceived, on the internet.

While I am not saying that the scenario posted by Mumstheword is a total fabrication, I have very strong doubts about it being 100% factual. Based on prior experiences, I see this going one of two ways: A - Righteous indignation by the poster who then abandons the boards in a huff; or B - Dead silence from the OP upon having been found out.

I post this, not to start a fight or a war but because there are so many of us who, because of who & what we are, are already leading somewhat deceptive lives and I see no valid reason for anyone to deliberately muddy the waters further.

I guess I'm just saying that if something appears to be too good to be true, then perhaps it isn't true at all.

And, if I am proved wrong in this, and the OP is a genuine GG who has a CD for a boss, then I will apologize and gladly eat my own words.
    Before you can love another, you must first like yourself

I Aim To Misbehave

Labels belong on BOXES, not PEOPLE!

Sounds like a good ice breaker. At least thats out in the open. Daviolin
    [SIZE="6"]
    [/SIZE]
    A CD AND HIS WARDROBE, ITS A BEAUTIFUL THING.

Quote Originally Posted by linda allen View Post
    If your boss asks you to meet him for lunch, it seems to me you are pretty much obligated to go.
    Even if this was real, which I very much doubt, seeing as she hasn't even been back for 2 days to reply (maybe he was an axe murderer!), how the hell do you figure if your boss asks you to meet for lunch you're obligated to go?? You're not obligated to go anywhere with your boss and if he did try to force it, well that's harassment and a law suit waiting to happen
    Administrator

Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

Tamara, I wonder how many members of this forum have experience of employment law?
    I would only consider having lunch with the boss if the rest of the office staff were also invited.
    And then I would take care to stay sober ...

No idea Gale, but I do know that if my boss said I had to go to lunch with her because I was obligated, I'd tell her to do one. I really don't understand where some people get their ideas from, but it did make me laugh
    Administrator