Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Which was the most difficult place for you to go in femme.

Which was the most difficult place for you to go in femme.

I have ventured to go in femme to many different places. I went to the movie theaters, restaurants, hotels, ladies restrooms ( In a rest area on the road with very few pepe on the rest area), some shopping, etc. and although I travel very often, I never got the courage yet to fly in femme or to go to the mall. Those places are my dreamed experience, but for some reason they are the most difficult places for me to go as Tamara.

Which is yours?

So I went to a second-chance prom. First, I got out of work late that day, which meant everything started off rushed...and already nervous, as I had told no one. I went to a makeup artists apartment, had her doll me up, then put on my prom dress and heels and headed out. It was frightening...here I am driving in Virginia figuring I will either run into someone I know, get pulled over by the cops, or whatever. I made it to the prom (really a glorified house party for folks not in college) and had a BLAST! I made a few friends, had a good time, then drove home. I made sure to follow the speed limit, as I really didn't want to find out what the cops thought of me.

Scary, but totally worth it in the end.

car show
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

It is always funny how our individual demons vary. Tamara is frightened of shopping malls and I love them. Ladies' rooms hold no mystery or thrill for me any longer, I just use them when I need relief. Waiting in line can be a bit uncomfortable, but I've not had a bad experience.

One thing I have been putting off was getting a makeup consultation. I wanted to wait until my electrolysis was far enough along that I could go out bare-faced without beard shadow. This kind of got sidestepped because my electrologist sells a line of makeup and I ended up getting a thorough consultation and lesson there. I'd still like to do the MAC thing someday.

The only places where I feel uncomfortable about going dressed are those places where a GG might feel a bit out of place. Auto parts stores leap to mind.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Just A Girl Next Door
    I'm with you on the auto parts store! About a year ago I had a headlight out and didn't want to get pulled over of course. I actually pulled into the lot of an O'Reilly's to get a new one but was too scared to get out of the car. Then, by Divine Intervention, I noticed the Jiffy Lube across the street! Wonder if they fix headlights? So I went over there and yes, they do! And they were really nice too.

I think the Ladies' Room the first time was the scariest. My hands were shaking, but I really really had to go. Now it's routine - I mean where the heck else would I go dressed like this? Dinner was a little scary but only the first couple times. The only scary thing about malls is the crowds and how much I spend!

The movies really weren't scary at all for some reason. It was after I'd been going out dressed a while so maybe I'm just more comfortable going wherever now. The more you go out the more places you'll go and the less scared you'll be.

The most difficult was an office party where we were all supposed to impersonate the secretarial staff.
    They were to come as guys.
    It went well, I was applauded for turning out well and nobody batted an eyelid.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

The two most difficult/scary thing I've done en femme so far was a busy mall ladies room adjacent to the food court (packed with women and small children) and using an attended dressing room (the one where the SA counts your items). Next up I would like to dine out at a sit down restaurant with a wait staff (not a fast food joint).

For me it is walking in the mall. I am fine in the stores but I get really nervous when there are teenagers around.

Jen

The hardware store. It was really awkward asking for advice on stuff that a man would typically be buying (and with an obviously male voice). I shouldn't have tried to combine a trip to have my eyebrows waxed with buying new grouting and sealant for the shower!
    I dance to a different beat.

Quote Originally Posted by Eryn View Post
    One thing I have been putting off was getting a makeup consultation. I wanted to wait until my electrolysis was far enough along that I could go out bare-faced without beard shadow. This kind of got sidestepped because my electrologist sells a line of makeup and I ended up getting a thorough consultation and lesson there. I'd still like to do the MAC thing someday.
    I used to think the same thing, that I had to go in bare-faced for a full makeover. Not so at all. (Tongue firmly in cheek right now....) These counters have this really neat stuff called makeup remover which can be applied once you hit the chair.

Seriously, do a makeover, you'll have a blast. Once the makeup is removed, it is usually followed by a complete skincare regimen during which they apply 3-5 different products that would set you back about $150 if you bought one of each.

Quote Originally Posted by Eryn View Post
    The only places where I feel uncomfortable about going dressed are those places where a GG might feel a bit out of place. Auto parts stores leap to mind.
    I'm with you on that. Home Depot comes to mind as well although if I had a need and happened to be out & about, I wouldn't hesitate to go.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

I find walking the mall (but not inside the stores) to be one of the easiest places for me to go. No interactions with people and nobody gets a good look at you if you keep moving.

I will say the outdoor mall (they are the new style in my part of the world) is easier because in the daytime you can wear sunglasses if you wish.

There are lots of places I would find difficult to go so I haven't gone there.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Violet-13 View Post
    car show
    Hi Violet , You have to be careful when you venture into Testosteroneville.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I'm not concerned about going to too many places en femme. What would no doubt be somewhat challenging would be some things I've never done. Such as going to the beach en femme wearing a bikini or going in a sauna en femme. Those would make for some interesting experiences I'm betting.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Walking into my Dad's house. It turned out to be easy, but took me weeks to prepare myself.

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    Funny thing is, that I positively hate malls. Both in drab and drag!

Platinum Member
    I go where and when I want - but avoid the obvious places - like biker bars and such.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Right now the most difficult place is the next place. I have trepidations about everywhere I go dressed. I think the worst place would have to be jail.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

I am an underwear dresser only. I can not "dress" (wear a bra) to the blood bank, dentist, various doctors, or to church, as I am not "out." Otherwise I "dress" 17/7. Best wishes to all.

I guess since I've never been out except around the house outside in the country. I would hate to have to go to the barn and put out feed for my cows. They are used to me in male mode. They might stampede if I was enfemme and I woulld hate stepping a a pile of cow manure in my open toed heels..... Lol

The most frightening for me was the first time in the Mall rest room. As Jillian said, packed with women and children just puts the fright level to 11. Once I got past that there's not much that bothers me anymore.
    One encounter like about was at the mall and as I was in the stall all I heard was the air dryer (one of those Xelerator ones that has a hurricane coming out the bottom) going and going. When I left the stall there was a woman with 3 little girls who were taking turns standing under it and having their hair blow everywhere. When I approached the women just said, "that's enough girls, let the lady use the dryer". I smiled and dried my hands and the instant I stepped away the girls were back in the wind giggling and smiling. That kind of sealed it for me. No issue there anymore.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Quote Originally Posted by Violet-13 View Post
    car show
    Quote Originally Posted by BLUE ORCHID View Post
    Hi Violet , You have to be careful when you venture into Testosteroneville.
    You may admire the paint and interiors, but keep your pretty head out from under the hoods!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

When I go out I try not to obvious or be confrontational so I have never had a problem even up close and have always felt comfortable and I have interacted - long ladies room line, restaurants, mall shopping ect. I don't feel as though I pass all that well but feeling at ease I think is the answer........................Debra

I have an issue with the shower, hard to keep the illusion there. I dunno, maybe I would not go to a Hell's Angels bar...but then again I don't do that now
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Years ago I went to shopping mall in another city close by. Had to use the restroom. I had noticed many times before that hardly anyone ever used the entrance near the ladies room. Since I just got there I decided to get that bit of business done with first. Made sure no one was around and made my way in. When I was just about done the door opened and in came three teen-age girls. Decided to wait while they did their thing. After they were done they stayed in the rest room. Wouldn't you know it? In came some more girls. They all knew each other. They talked for what seemed like a long time.

I guess the point I'm trying to make is that I was afraid to leave and be outed by all those girls. After I left I again noticed that there weren't any people using that hall corridor. It was an evening to remember. Instead of shopping I decided to come back home.

Good story BillieJoEllen. I think that could turn into trouble and it's a probably a good thing you stayed in the stall.

For me the most difficult place to go en femme is anywhere past my front door! I would guess a sporting goods store wouldn't be a good choice either. 95% men.
    Last edited by Eryn; 11-13-2013 at 10:42 PM. Reason: Sorry, that word gets the wrong kind of attention.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder