Thread: At home en-femme with my daughter!

At home en-femme with my daughter!

Seems silly to hide myself away when my eldest daughter knows about me female side. So here I am today, fully in 'girl' mode and it's no big deal to her...kids today just seem pretty switched on to all this!

As it was the first time I have been very conservative with my clothes and make-up (though she did say I needed a bit more colour on my face). So no short leather skirt, seamed stockings and sliky blouse...not that I actually own a leather skirt, but simple 'at home' clothes.

OK I'm not parading around the house, but I'm certainly not hiding from her.

So this is my first step outside of my 'bubble' and strangely it feels like no big deal?
    I don't expect to being going on shopping trips or exchanging to many fashion tips with her, but at least now I don't have to hide.

Next step.... a night out with other 'girls' from my local area....maybe????

That first step out is so nerve racking, but soon after you find out that it is
    no big deal no them, It is a very nice feeling, Feeling that you are finally free,
    Feeling that you are loved unconditionally,

Congrats.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Platinum Member
    that's great, Sally. As it happens, my youngest is home visiting for a few days. I'm out to her, and she has seen me dressed on several occasions. Its really not a big deal to her or her 20-something peers.

Enjoy this additional measure of freedom!
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Give your daughter a big hug. Mine adult daughter is not so happy, after I told her five years ago. So far, has not wanted to talk about me as a cd.

Sally,
    You have jumped a big hurdle, take care with the rest.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Banned Read only
    Yay! I hope my daughter will be as understanding as yours when she gets older

It's nice having girl time with daughters. My oldest is not overly open to alternative lifestyle, but I often have girl time with the other 3. Drawback is they then steal my clothes and makeup. Photos of me learning IPad stuff with one on my blog
    Last edited by Rachelakld; 11-12-2013 at 02:18 PM.
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

It seems like your daughter is a very level headed person. I hope you have many more pleasant encounters with her.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

I have had a similar experience. We told my 22-year-old daughter about Eryn about a year ago and she pretty much jumped right into the swim. She's off at college, but when she comes home we've gone shopping and on other outings together. Her acceptance means a lot to me.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]