Thread: Never Thought I Would

Never Thought I Would

Yesterday I posted in another thread the scariest place I was going to was today
    at the beauty salon. Got there and gal said she would style my hair (my own)
    along with waxing eyebrows. I think the hair came out well but my question for
    my sisters are the eyebrows. After she finished thinning a little bit she used my eye brow gadget and powder. In the past, anticipating that eventually my brows would be thinner I always draw a thin line along the top of the brow that is already partially covered with concealer but the gal made a much wider line.
    Not asking how beautiful I look as that's a given (sure) but a frank and honest opinion on whether she is right for an old lady look who doesn't have feminine features or would a thinner line look better, comparitively speaking that is?
    Only hitch was when I presented my credit card and the cashier said to my gal
    one word --- the first name on the card which, of course, isn't Julie.
    Verdict please
    Julie

They look nice. Slightly thinner would work as well. That closet behind you looks well stocked.

I think they look nice thicker. You look lovely and I am jealous that you have real hair!
    Hugs
    Suzanne

I thing they look good, thinner probably works just the same.
    The real questions are did you have fun, and how does it make you feel?
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

Aspiring Member
    I think the shape is great. Would like to see some gray or white in them for a contrasting look. Hope you had fun your hair is beautiful!

Small town in western Kansas middle of nowhere
    I think you look very nice, it was well worth going in.
    "It takes all kinds of kinds" Miranda Lambert
    Now some point a finger and let ignorance linger
    If they'd look in the mirror they'd find.
    That ever since the beginning to keep the world spinning
    It takes all kinds of kinds.

You look great!!! I've seen thinner brows, but I've seen thicker on women.

Thank you ladies for your opinions. Seems like thick and thin both have their supporters. Might try less concealer on natural brows to allow some white to show.
    Appreciate all comments.
    Julie

Too thick!!! You said you appreciate all comments..lol
    It SURE is my hair ! I have the receipt and the box it came in !

Eyebrow thickness is clearly a matter of choice. I know Gg women who have no hair and just a pencil line all the way to moderately heavy eyebrows. Uni Brow is to be avoided
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Follow me on Facebook
    http://facebook.com/ceri4certain

Aspiring Member
    Long time ago I think I read a thread that in Japan thick eyebrows are a sign of beauty.
    Nothing wrong with yours. Much better than that thin pencil line women used to draw back in the fifties.

Ineke

Julie,
    It seems you are a late starter in some things and that makes it even scarier.
    The credit card.. That is why I always pay cash.
    I have a picture of President Bush on a three dollar bill.
    Or is that President Bill on a three dollar Carter?
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Nice cut brows look nice too

I personally think you look just fine!

Julie, they look great! Thinner would be more edgy, but that is only desirable if that is the look you like.

Your payment glitch is why I like to pay in cash. Beauty professionals love cash customers!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Julie,

You look great!

And I think your brows look great too! As others have written, it is a matter of personal preference so go with how you feel about them.

I am so pleased that you went to the beauty parlour. So cool!

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Gone to live my life
    Hi Julie,

I think the thicker eyebrows are fine and I love the hair style (sigh . . . if only I had enough hair left to style).

Hugs

Isha

Hi Julie,

Yes, you do look great -- just love the hair! I'm so jealous -- guess I'll have to settle for wig styling, unless I get hair implants....
    About the brows, I think they fine. You might watch other ladies with lovely silver hair and see what they do with theirs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

Julie:
    Brows are highly personal. Suggest looking through some age appropriate magazines and finding some eyebrow examples that you like, then try to copy them on yourself with brow pencil. If you get a shape/look you like, take the pic with you next time and have the girl start shaping your natural brows towards the desired look. If us older gals avoid the Groucho Marx look, we'll be fine.

ON A MORE IMPORTANT NOTE, LADIES, PAY ATTENTION: there are still credit card companies that will issue you companion/friend/family cards on your account without asking pesky questions like social security number and date of birth for that person. Check with your card issuer. The primary card owner (you) remains solely responsible for all charges, but your uncontrollable shopping hound girl friend (also you!) gets a card in her name that she can use to her hearts content. Using an alias is not illegal in most states if there is no intention to defraud.

Thus, when Rhonda is out and about, she carries a credit card with the name "Rhonda Darling" on it, and a corresponding signature on the back, and uses it as needed. Believe me, wait staff in restaurants and SAs in stores eyes open a bit wider when the person they thought they'd read as a CD/TS presents a credit card in a female name. Yee Ha ha ha ha!

Now, the safety here, in case someone asks for the dreaded ID, is to have the corresponding account owner card and your guy ID with you. If hassled, you'll need to explain yourself to the cashier or manager, show real ID and matching credit card, then show that your femme card's account number is the same account. I'VE NEVER HAD TO DO THAT, IT'S JUST MY BACKUP PLAN.

A couple of tips. 1. Your signature should be in your natural handwriting so you can easily repeat it over and over without looking at the back of the card. For that one clerk in 100,000 who looks, the signatures better darn well match. 2. Remember to sign your femme name! I've had to turn in the customer copy, signed, after first forgetting and signing my guy name to a credit slip with Rhonda's card imprint.

Hope this helps more of you become better and more frequent shoppers. NOTE: you can also go out and buy a pre-paid credit card and use that, but it's not nearly as much fun . . . . . . And after all, girls just want to have fun!

Best to all,
    Rhonda
    Last edited by Rhonda Darling; 11-16-2013 at 09:39 AM.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Be all the woman that you can be!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    . . . and now, On With The Show!