Thread: As the seasons change

As the seasons change

Hello friends if you dress at home only do you change your clothing to fit the season? Sorry for the sloppy post, I'm working from my phone, and it has an otter box. Enough said.

Silver Member
    Fashion says "dress for success, the season, the event, and your age group", but always be comfortable and confident in whatever you choose to wear.

I wear clothes for warmth, coolness and comfort.
    If it's cold out I wear warm clothes.
    f the heat is on in the house I will sometimes not rug up completely.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Living in a northern (relative) climate causes a shift in wardrobe by the simple nature of 'its cold' and sometimes snowy too. It doesn't change my preference in short hems and plunging necklines, just means shoes and jacket must be added or adapted.

I've been shopping for knee high boots but have just swapped from winter shoes to heels once arriving at my destination up to now. My thinking is boots would be a bit more practical and could look nice with a miniskirt.

Speaking of which, the local DSW opens in an hour so I need to get ready for boot shopping

Hugs, Robin

Oh yes, Its so much fun to go though my stuff each season. Its like a new wardrobe. Of course I always add new stuff each season. I'm a girl on a mission. Daviolin
    [SIZE="6"]
    [/SIZE]
    A CD AND HIS WARDROBE, ITS A BEAUTIFUL THING.

My wardrobe is split three ways, Fall/winter - Spring - Summer. Only dressing at home, cool and cold weather, temp in the house doesn't change much. Spring is just a softer, more flowery, look than summer, but the weight of the garments stays the same, Where I live we sometimes are called the coldest place in the lower 48, on a summer day. It's cool and foggy here.
    Mostly it's knits in the winter and silky fabrics in the spring and summer and of course color has to change with the season.
    Then shoes, Boots to sandals, what ever fits the look.
    For a closet dresser I have way to many clothes, so I have to change things up to just to get to wear it all.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

I only dress at home, but do dress based on the weather. Living in Florida there is not a lot of cold weather son mostly lighter dresses.

Small town in western Kansas middle of nowhere
    I don't go out and my wardrobe is limited so I wear what I have no matter what the season. I wish I had more so I could change with the seasons, I'm working on that but it takes time.
    "It takes all kinds of kinds" Miranda Lambert
    Now some point a finger and let ignorance linger
    If they'd look in the mirror they'd find.
    That ever since the beginning to keep the world spinning
    It takes all kinds of kinds.

YEP! I would have to say I dress for the season weather at home or out! Not too much in to fashion but more to stay warm or cool!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

As I only dress inside except for occasional times I venture out on the farm I usually just wear the stuff that I like year round. I don't get to dress daily but enjoy the shorter skirts, my heels and things that I can still wear inside so the weather isn't problem.

I absolutely wear season-suitable clothes. It'd be rather uncomfortable to wear a sweater dress when both the temperature and humidity are ungodly high.

I always look forward to Fall and the cooler weather it brings so I can bring out my non-summer wardrobe.

leggings and pants soon to be stored and summer dresses and skirts to come out to play, wish they had auto-cooling wigs
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

Hating the cold weather, I change my wardrobe to long skirts and sweater tops. Plus I dig out the long sleeved dresses. Then I just dream of warm weather and the day I can dig out my warm weather wardrobe again. Can't you tell I hate winter?

Regardless of season I wear sundresses, short shorts lingerie.

I live in an 85 year old home so the indoors varies a little with the seasons, hence, my wardrobe does too. Hot summer days bring short, light sundresses. Cold, windy winter brings out the sweaters, leggings, and floor length flannel. I just wear what's comfortable and feels right at the time.

Our maritime cool temperate climate here means that one has got to dress warmly for nine months of the year, wearing some sort of weatherproof coat to go 'out' in.

I've just had delivery of a winter weight silver corduroy business skirt suit tailored for me. Worn with warm opaque tights the very full knee-length skirt feels snug and suited to the oncoming winter. In general we only get snow for a few days at a time and not every winter. About every half-century we get a couple of very cold winters in succession and just two years ago we had that, so we're not expecting anything extreme this year.

Summers tend to be changeable warm, not hot, so seperates with a waist belt do fine for me. I'm not allowed shave my legs, so it's got to be double tights (en femme)even in high Summer, which is a pain. I'm a shorts person in Drab, so often in the grounds I go en femme with hairy legs......well, no-one's looking, anyway.

M.

Yes <3
    Sweaters galore c: