Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Am I superficial? I like a real picture with a post.

Am I superficial? I like a real picture with a post.

Is it just me? Sometimes when I start to get to know soemebody and they have a pretty pic or no pic at all...then when I get to know them, they end up with a pic of a bald fat man looking like a perv! They post a pic of a really pretty cd and wind up misrepresenting themselves or don't have a picture at all. Can we all be honest here? I guess I might be shallow , but I put alot of effort into looking pretty and would like those on here to do the same. I find it strange that some here don't put any effort at all into showing their femme side. Okay, maybe I'm shallow. But considering I put time and effort into being my "pretty" side, I sort expect the same. I understand that some of us dress up better than others, and it's okay if you're not a drop dead woman. But at least be honest by posting a picure of your actual self and not posting a picture of who you wished you looked like.
    Yes, I am shallow.. I admit... but I'm also an admirer of honesty.
    I do appreciate privacy, but what's to be ashamed of if this who you really are?
    Jenny

Well, if I was a hefty bald guy I would probably do my best to avoid you from this point on.

A lot of people are here for conversation, support, etc...They're not all here to be prettier than the next person. And some people don't want their pictures online. Maybe some are ok sharing pictures after getting to know others, but that's their choice. And there are probably more than a few people who feel self-conscious about their appearance, dressed or not. And posts like this pointing out how you think everyone should do as you do doesn't help. This place is mostly for words, pictures are a bonus.
    GG married to a CDer

Give in, girl-out, enjoy Krista1985's Avatar
    I sort of see what you mean, but...

The internet in general is a dishonest, misleading place. It's full of fake boobs, embellished social media posts, men listing themselves as slightly taller on dating sites, women listing themselves as slightly lighter on the same sites. There are bogus sites designed to datamine your information, hackers, trackers, scammers, spammers, spear fishers, forum trolls, Nigerian 'Princes' who need your money to reclaim their fortune, identity thieves and all sorts of viruses floating around in the digital ether.

All that being said, I do appreciate honesty and would never dream of using fake or shopped pics, but I still fully expect that others can, will and do. It's just the nature of the internet in general.

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    I understand your point but some here are very much in the closet, I was scared to post pictures at first cause I knew I would be measured by some of the stunning girls here but than I was like so what I like trying to be pretty and I do have my own style so I posted and now can't stop LOL. But I do understand your point

Quote Originally Posted by JennyLynn View Post
    they end up with a pic of a bald fat man looking like a perv!
    Wait just a minute! I'm not that fat! To be totally honest, I look exactly like my avatar.

Jenny, I'm not sure where you're going with this but I find your characterzation of those of us who choose not to reveal our personal identity via a picture rather offensive. I do not mis represent anything about myself. I am just an older crossdresser that feels good wearing women's clothing and thought this was a forum for anyone who CD's, not just those who feel they have a superior presentation. May be you should post standards so those of us who fall into all those lessor catagories can relagate ourselves to our lowly status.
    Ellen Jo
    Somtimes the light's all shining on me, Other times I can barely see.
    Lately it's occured to me.....What a long strange trip it has been.
    Truckin by the Grateful Dead

I can see what your saying but at the same time if a sister is uneasy with posting a full picture then by all means don't. Nobody should ever feel pressured into doing something they don't want to do just because someone wants to see a full picture to kill their own curiosity.

Closeted sisters are in the closet for very many different reasons. Way too many to list here but I am sure deceiving you isn't one of them. Even though I am out to my SO, and have posted a full picture, I still consider myself closeted. I don't go out in public and mingle, I am not open about this to everyone and anyone, and I still have a long ways to go before I get to that point if I ever really do.

This is more about support, sharing, and a place to make a few like minded friends. A place to come to because we are not alone in a world where we feel alone most of the time. The picture section is great to show off a new dress or item or pictures that you think came out well but it's not a mandatory thing every girl has to post a full picture there.
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

You both look stunning and even if you didn't, I appreciate your pics and honesty. Let's face it, the powers that be already have our information, one way or the other. Screw it. I won't be intimidated. I will take whatever comes my way. Nothing to hide here.

Fat and Balding? I resemble that comment!

Genny B
    Dani (Genny before Transition)
    All Girl!

I for one am not ready to show myself fully. For me the illusion must be somewhat convincing otherwise it doesn't give me the thrill. I have a long way to go waist up to make that happen. I hope to get there one day; in the meantime I will spare you all from any disturbing images.

The non-GG next door.... Candice Mae's Avatar
    <--- Candice is who I really am, even though I was born male I'm not ashamed of who I am.

I am a literal fart in the wind.

Why the heck does it matter WHAT a person looks like. As long as they aren't truly trying to deceive you, they should be able to have what they want as an avatar. Just ask them, if you are really that concerned. (Word gets around quite quick about those that deceive)
    Some very good "pen pals" of mine turned out to be fat, black, white or bald, etc.... and are now some of my best friends.
    Reminds me of the mentality of high school boys "She's nice and well read, but.....")
    Since those days I've come to know that it's WHO the person is rather than WHAT they look like.

OK I don't have an avatar picture of myself...soo what. If you need to see a picture of me it is on my profile page (although that pic is old). I am just not comforatable putting my image with my posts just yet. Mostly because I do feel a bit paranoid that I don't present that well.

It would be great if everyone had a full picture of theirselves en femme on here but it just isn't going to happen. Some of us are shy, and others are simply unable to dress up for whatever reason (due to living with parents/relatives/SOs, certain jobs, etc). I was in the latter category for a while, and because of that I wasn't able to start posting pictures until recently. I agree with your notion that it would be inappropriate to use another CD-er's (or GG's) picture as your own, because that can surely mislead people, but there's nothing wrong with the absence of a picture, especially if they are new to the forum.

People also need to stop associating being fat and bald/balding with sexual perversion. I hear this all the time in comments like, "You know, that 'girl' you were talking to online might turn out to be a 50-year-old fat bald man." Baldness happens to a lot of men as they age and will probably happen to me too when I'm older. Many men struggle with weight issues as they grow older. Automatically putting these people into the "pervert" category is an awful thing to do.
    Back on the forums! But still very much closeted.

Yes I'm superficial and proud of it, but I can understand there are probably more reasons not to post a picture then to do so. I'm also self absorbed and can't post enough pictures of myself but that's just me. Jaymee
    I enjoy being a boy, being a GIRL like me!!!

Fearlessly Independent RebeccaLynne's Avatar
    JennyLynn, your thread reminds me of why I posted an avatar photograph to begin with... so that others could see that I wasn't a troll, an invader or pretender. I love to crossdress, and am blessed with natural hair that I haven't had cut in over eight years. That is my "crowning glory", and the one thing that I allow my outward appearance to represent. The guys I work with would tease me mercilessly if they knew the real reason I've grown it so long, and I really like keeping my CD'ing "under wraps".

I remember being apprehensive about showing an actual picture of myself enfemme, yet I found it quite liberating to do so. I wanted to demonstrate that I really was a bonafide CD'er, one with whom others here could interact freely.

Do I think you're superficial? No, I think you're someone who'd just like to have an accurate visual image of the person with whom you're interacting, in order to get a better feel for who they really are ...; nothing wrong with that, IMO.

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Krista1985 View Post
    I sort of see what you mean, but...

The internet in general is a dishonest, misleading place. It's full of fake boobs, embellished social media posts, men listing themselves as slightly taller on dating sites, women listing themselves as slightly lighter on the same sites. There are bogus sites designed to datamine your information, hackers, trackers, scammers, spammers, spear fishers, forum trolls, Nigerian 'Princes' who need your money to reclaim their fortune, identity thieves and all sorts of viruses floating around in the digital ether.

All that being said, I do appreciate honesty and would never dream of using fake or shopped pics, but I still fully expect that others can, will and do. It's just the nature of the internet in general.
    Well said. When Tracii and I met, started hanging out and started taking pictures I specifically stated they could be posted IF and ONLY IF they were not photoshoppe edited or such. The only thing I have done is cropping and shortening videos. I want to present how I am not in any made up fake way...I have wondered often about some stunning pics I see...

Although I can kind of see what you mean on the picture front. I would agree with the others, some of us choose not to show our physical side. For that I would think is for a number of reasons. The really young and attractive CDrs get a tremendous amount of attention. Just check the reply and the visit count of a few of the girls from say Norway or Brazil..

There are also a few girls on this site that choose to hide their real identity for a number of reasons. Either they are just here for the chat and it's a fantasy or they are really attractive and choose to not get the attention.

For me, I like all of us. That is 'cept the hackers. Those that make it through the barrier of posts and then go on to .... well do what ever. Look we all come in all shapes and sizes and genders and I don't want to judge a person by their 'cover'.

If you sound honest and your words ring true, I'll be your friend...

Renne.....

I change my avatar a lot but it has nothing to do with being bald.(I'll just let the fat comment slide ). In any case a lot of the female pics I post are of course not me but rather looks I'd like to try and in general ladies I admire. I do have plenty of different looks as myself that I post from time to time anyway. You want to see the real me en femme it's always on my profile. In all honesty I get tired of looking at my own puss all the time, ergo the other pics. I have about a bazillion pics of myself en femme if anyone is interested and that's just a conservative estimate. P.S. My own pics on my profile, et. al. are all natural and not altered in any way.
    Last edited by Kate Simmons; 11-14-2013 at 09:06 PM. Reason: added P.S.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Lady in Being (7/20/17) AmyGaleRT's Avatar
    Jenny, when I first came here, I was still too timid to put up a real picture, so I used one I'd generated in a Web-based "dress-up" game. It took awhile before I gained enough confidence to reveal myself, even in this environment! And my early pictures weren't as good as the ones of me these days...

None of mine are 'shopped, though. All I do to prepare images for posting is crop them and resize them to the sizes the forum will support.

- Amy
    Amy Gale Ruth Bowersox (nee Tapie) - "Be who you are, and be it in style!"
    Member, Board of Trustees, Gender Identity Center of Colorado
    aka Amelia Storm - Ms. Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2018-2019, Miss Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2015-2016

I never thought of myself as fat... sigh....
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Hoo boy Karr, a no-win question: "Does this (fill in the blank) make me look fat?"
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    Sorry, but I don't need someone judging whether I should have a real picture or an avatar. We are supposed to love and accept each other regardless of how we present ourselves. Who wants to look at an old fart in a dress anyway? Maybe that is why so many of us are still in the closet, and maybe that is a good thing!

Somebody said, "beauty is only skin deep. but ugly is to the bone". No need to go looking, you might not like what you find!
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

Jenny, if you dislike this so much, and also feel that it is necessary to directly insult many members here who fit into that bald fat man description that you so rudely used, then maybe you should just move on to some other site where you will probably be much happier and not find it necessary to post such an inconsiderate thread. You are more than superficial . You are extremely shallow, immature for saying that you want everyone to present as you desire. Grow up, please apologize and move on. These type of unfortunate threads pop up every so often and are definitely not well received by the general membership nor by the Mods and Admins. As you can see, I am upset by it.

What pics one posts, what avatars they use, if they even use one, is totally up to that member. If you do not want to trust them, that is your choice. If you base you opinions of others on true pics of themselves, then you have a problem that you need to work on. There are a lot of troubled people here trying to find their way and trying to live with themselves with this side of themselves and to live with others, including those closest to them. They sure do not need your demeaning words to "support" their efforts to make it all work for the best.

I will leave everyone else to give you the very good reasons why posting pics and avatars of themselves is not for everyone. You should show more respect for your fellow members and accept their reasons, better yet, you shouldn't even be asking for a reason.

I will repeat, please apologize to everyone.