Thread: How fulfilling?

How fulfilling?

How fulfilling is your life as a CDer? Does what you do meet your wants and needs from a feminine aspect or would you like more? If more, what do you think you may need in order to feel fulfilled in a feminine way?
    Last edited by DAVIDA; 11-16-2013 at 06:21 PM.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Yes being a Cd has brought alot of joy into my life that seemed to be missing.
    I smile more and just find myslef to always be in a good mood. My coworkers always ask me why Im in a good mood and if thry only knew the reason.
    I have no intentions of altering my body as I love the way I look. Nothings perfect in life so you just have to work with the hand thats been given.
    Af any time Im able to transform myself to the lady Id like to be and at times I can just be me.
    Hugs.
    Renee

Sigh, I always knew Christina Kay's Avatar
    Only came out to my wife recently. So yes to the Boundries we agreed too. But don't we all want to keep growing in our exploration of our femininity . I hope as time passes the Boundries will expand as my wife grows more comfortable with Aretha. But as of right now very fulfilled and never have been happier. Hugs
    Follow your path.. For only you can decide, which way to go.

Gone to live my life
    Hi Kate,

Always such interesting questions. Only have recently begun my journey I would say to date it has been very fulfilling. When I go out dressed it just feels right as much as it feels right when I am in "guy mode". It is nice to be able to switch between the two genders in this manner. I can go out and run typical errands "en boy" or "en femme" depending on how I feel.

Would I want more? Well in personal growth in being that I get to a point where I don't care who knows . . . yes. But that will take some time. Working on it though.

Hugs

Isha

It makes everything make sense, and keeps me sane. I'll probably go 24/7 at some time in the future, but for now I have promises to keep. I don't anticipate ever transitioning, but who can say?

Silver Member
    Discovering my feminine side and accepting it has been a tough road, and it continues. Amazingly attitude, understanding, and being receptive to others has become more positive, but there is IMO always room for improvement. Kate, you have posted questions to us but don't recall you ever giving your feelings to that which you ask. Why not give us your opinions too?

For many years I put on a bra and stuffed it when nobody was around. Occasionally I would wear one of my wife's blouses from the laundry.

Now that I've introduced her to my "hobby", I can dress whenever appropriate and I have my own wardrobe, forms, wig, etc.

I suppose I would like to be able to go out as a woman more than the few times I have and go out in public with my wife, but other than that, my level of dressing fills my crossdressing needs. I have many other activities that I enjoy in male mode and I don't let dressing get in the way of those activities. Life should be balanced.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Isha, some of us were meant to switch back and forth between both modes, that's just our makeup and it gives us a lot of fulfillment and joy.

Chari, I feel very fulfilled since I am able to fill either role with equal ease(plumbing notwithstanding). It was indeed frustrating when I was a young person since I had these so called "forbidden" feelings that I didn't know what to do with. Since then I've brought them out of the shadows into the light and am no longer ashamed or afraid of them, so it's all good. The only thing I had wished is that I was FAB so I could experience the joys of girlhood, womanhood, being a wife and a Mother firsthand but I've caught up and have since been able to achieve a close second. Would I change anything? No, I'm exactly who I am supposed to be.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I obtain enough fulfillment from my interaction with other women.
    I am happy with my patch, for what it is.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I have my CDing right where I've wanted it all my married life. Daviolin
    [SIZE="6"]
    [/SIZE]
    A CD AND HIS WARDROBE, ITS A BEAUTIFUL THING.

Silver Member
    Kate, Having had similar experiences in my life as you have described in yours, I say "thank-you" for sharing.

Banned Read only
    The life that I have is the only one I know. I simply can not make a judgement on whether I would feel more fulfilled if I wasn't a cd. I am simply who I am. And all I can ever do, all anyone can ever do, is accept and embrace who they are and never feel ashamed doing so. CDing has never, ever, hurt anyone. It is a personal, harmless, (for want of a better word) hobby. It is an expression on an inner self.

I went through many stages of cding before finding my feet. From feeling embarrassed, ashamed, guilty, before realising that I am doing no one any harm just by being myself. And it's only after that realisation that my cding became more fulfilling for me. It's incredibly liberating to realise that I am doing nothing wrong, and that if any one has a problem, then it's a problem that they have that is based on nothing more than their own ignorance (or worse, bigotry). I refuse to let ignorant or bigoted people dictate my own happiness and well-being.

Aspiring Member
    I think all of my cross-dressing is a quest for fulfillment. My mother tells me she wanted a girl when I was born. I was a clingy baby who always wanted my mother's attention. I wouldn't let her put me down. A year after I was born, my mother gave birth to my sister. My mother says that was the happiest day of her life. She pampered my sister, and I was jealous. My mother had to carry a baby in each arm. However I grew up thinking my mother would have loved me more if I was born a girl. I grew up thinking that all mother's preferred girls, because girls were smarter and better looking. I resorted to raiding my mom's closet when I was 3-4 years old. Then there was period when my family strongly discouraged me from cross-dressing - aversion therapy works pretty good on little kids. Anyway, when puberty hit, I was back to cross-dressing. At puberty it turned sexual. I think it was the added effect of testosterone. However, overall cross-dressing is always a quest for fulfillment. I think that back in my early formative years, my brain was hard-wired to interpret cross-dressing as actual contact with a female.

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kate Simmons View Post
    How fulfilling is your life as a CDer? Does what you do meet your wants and needs from a feminine aspect or would you like more? If more, what do you think you may need in order to feel fulfilled in a feminine way?
    My life is very fulfilling the way it is. The things I am longing for have little to do with CDing, life is about far more than CDing for me.

It would be nice if we lived in a perfect world where I could wear whatever I want whenever. But I can not change that..... so I accept it...and wear what I like when I can.... and it makes me very happy.

Kate, I'm so jealous. Sometimes I'd like to be "able to fill either role with equal ease" to match the changes in my feelings. Since my body and life don't allow that, I make the best of what I have: a home where I can dress freely indoors, understanding friends, and a wonderfully supportive SO. I always want to do more, try more, explore more, experience more of my other "mode" but most of the time I have what I need to fulfill my feminine side.

I am much happier now that I am free to live my life the way I was meant to. Crossdressing isnt enough for me and I will be starting the long process of transitioning hopefully in the upcoming months....thats the hope. Right now I am happy though. Being able to have the look...as temporary as it is for the moment, feels good. I get super excited when I think about it being permanent.

Crossdressing gives me that escape I need from my male life to enjoy something else. Like a vacation, except you change how you look, not where you're at. And, just like a vacation, I get antsy if I'm out too long, so it's nice to be able to switch back to my male self. The biggest thing I "need" to be fulfilled is some acceptance of crossdressing, hence trying to meet people on the forum

I am happy. My life feels like the song from '70's group Three Dog Night Road to Shambala now that I'm out & about.
    Wanna know what really made me happy? Coming out of the closet as this side of me. Now I'm free to move about the skies.
    People at work don't know, and that's the way it is. But other than that, I couldn't be happier.

...wasn't so 4 years ago. I was deeply closeted and and ashamed.
    Last edited by NathalieX66; 11-16-2013 at 10:51 PM.

The last 10 years have been very fulfilling, so much more so than the previous lifetime I spent hiding in the closet.
    I've been able to express all of me and not suppress my feminine side.
    As for where this will lead only time will tell. As for where I'm hoping to go, I'm just enjoying the journey right now and waiting to see what's around the next bend in the road.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

It is fulfilling. I can't really describe or even understand my need to do this other than to say, it feels equally right to experience both my masculinity and femininity. Dressing is a part of this. Like others who have responded, I must say that I don't know yet, the extent to which I need to further my experience, but as long as it continues to feel right for me, I will find comfort in knowing that I harm no one by doing so. Does this make any sense?

Carlene

Crossdressing as often as I can is fulfilling. That said, I want more. I would love to be full time, get a trachea shave and am starting laser hair removal. What started as a curioisity on occasion, became "I can do this" to "This is me!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Follow me on Facebook
    http://facebook.com/ceri4certain

Small town in western Kansas middle of nowhere
    I want more time and to be better at it. I want more accessories and more clothes and just some place I can go and be that fem me for longer periods of time.
    "It takes all kinds of kinds" Miranda Lambert
    Now some point a finger and let ignorance linger
    If they'd look in the mirror they'd find.
    That ever since the beginning to keep the world spinning
    It takes all kinds of kinds.

Banned Read only
    My life is fulfilling the way it is. But, I want more too. I want to be able to look as good as I feel, I know I'll get there, I just gotta keep practicing