Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why??

Why??

I wonder this as much about myself as I do others. WHAT on earth possessed us to, one day just pickup a pair of panties, pantyhose stockings bra or what ever your first item was and put it on and decide "Hey I like this and I'm gonna pursue it"??? Thoughts
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]You unlock this door with the key of imagination. Beyond it is another dimension: a dimension of sound, a dimension of sight, a dimension of mind. You're moving into a land of both shadow and substance, of things and ideas. You've just crossed over into... the Girly Zone.
    [url]http://www.facebook.com/Staci Grace

Why? Because I became curious. and I needed to satisfy that curiosity.
    I discovered that I looked better as a girl.
    "Missed it by that much!"

Sorry Staci it been too many years ago since I put on my first item, I was just 13 at the time, I really don't remember but have dress ever since, and I love being dress as a woman, hope you get a lot of great answer, hugs girl
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE][SIZE="3"]Stacy Lynn Coral[/SIZE]

I will tell you what I know, I have no idea why I started dressing. At puberty I was just attracted to wearing panties for sexual gratification,which led to wearing a slip which led to wearing a bra with the slip,which led to full on dressing, pantyhose and all,then admiring how I looked in the mirror, and enjoying what I saw then thinking I look good in this! All I know after all these years I still enjoy the feeling of the clothes and the mood it puts me in and the way I look in them. Maybe I was a woman in a past life? I don't know. that is the only explanation I can come up with that makes any sense.

Simple answer? It's in our personal grid program. Who put it there and why is the long answer. I prefer to enjoy simplicity myself.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Aspiring Member
    Middle of Oregon, on the West side, but my feet aren't wet!
    I'm sure that while different for many, it's similar for others.
    I started in early high school. Home alone and bored. Wandering through every room in the house. Came upon some frilly things in a room that I shouldn't have been in. Remembering what they looked like on girls that I'd seen or knew. The subtle perfume scents. Imagining my body looking the same, perhaps since there wasn't one right there, right then. Perhaps wanting to become one to have close by.
    Same with make-up and it's subtle scents. It's ability to enhance, enliven, brighten, and change a face. All the girls around that always looked so vivacious and happy and beautiful.
    Boredom? Pheromones? Crooked DNA? I can't explain it, but..........I LIKE IT!

PS.... I hope that doesn't sound creepy! That wasn't the intent.

I did it on a dare at age 7 and was hooked. I had three older sisters and plenty of clothes to experiment with and that kept me going until I could obtain my own clothes.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

Hi
    Started at age 5 with moms panties just seemed right been dressing ever after.I am now 68 and dress full time for last 8 years. Love being a girl.

Hugs Annette

PS Just noticed this is post 200 woo hoo

A
    Last edited by Annette_boy; 11-16-2013 at 11:55 PM.
    "It takes more courage for a man to appear in public wearing a dress than to charge into battle"

Me July 2005

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I honestly have no idea, Staci! Why I tried on those tite, ladies jeans at age 50

But, I had no intention of "pursuing" anything. And didn't for another year. Until some abandoned boxes of women's things ended up in my position. When I found out they fit me, I wanted to see how fem I could look? U can see the result of my studies 16 years later!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I wish I knew what possessed me to continue down the path that I have but I know it started with pantyhose. I just loved the way legs and feet looked in them, the shine, the smoothness, everything about them. I also remember the complaints about them, then came the over all curiosity as to how they felt wearing them, how were they as horrible to wear yet look so damn good? I was always told, if you like them so much, you wear them, then the day came and it hasn't stopped since.
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

Curiosity started it - not sure why it continued other than "it just felt right"

At age 12 I found a pair of dusky pink panties while searching through a partially burned down house for electronic junk to play with. To this day I don't know what it was about them that completely derailed the electronics quest. All I know is that I had to have them and I did.
    Last edited by Jason+; 11-17-2013 at 01:51 AM. Reason: spelling
    "You are not an accident, nor are you malfunctioning. You are performing EXACTLY as coded." For many "Man in a Dress" is the worst atrocity commit-able; for me it's just reality. Click to Learn About Me. Click to Complain About Me! There is a fine line between brutal honesty and honest brutality. It is rarely in the same place for the sender and the receiver.

Quote Originally Posted by Staci G View Post
    I wonder this as much about myself as I do others. WHAT on earth possessed us to, one day just pickup a pair of panties, pantyhose stockings bra or what ever your first item was and put it on and decide "Hey I like this and I'm gonna pursue it"??? Thoughts
    I think it was because I wasn't supposed to..... It was forbidden & exciting.

Curiosity. I thought women can wear the same things as men... shirts, slacks, jeans, shoes, etc... but they don't. As comfortable as a well-worn pair of jeans is... As relaxing as an old t-shirt can be... yet, women like puffy blouses, skirts, dresses, skinny jeans, and heels. Why?

The first thing I tried on was a pair of stretch denim shorts that were amazingly comfortable. Next were a couple knee length sundresses. They were so light, flowing, and airy. Some time later my lady asked me to wear a smooth satin slip to bed. The cool, smooth feeling was intoxicating. With her support, it just grew from there.

I gave up thinking why about a lot of things a long time ago.
    That was one of them.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Aspiring Member
    Yes, curiosity started it for me. From the moment those stockings slid over my legs I instantly developed a lifetime addiction. No rehab in the world that will ever cure me of it.

I'm long past trying to figure out the "why".
    I just enjoy and revel in the bliss and peace it gives me.

I don't know why. But, the first thing I remember was the smell of the Playtex rubber girdles that my mom wore, and I just had to try it. Of course it was an open bottom one, so I quickly learned about nylons. And, I was hooked.
    Hugs,

Teddie

Not real sure what was going thru my mind at the time, But I was a young boy going thru puberty,
    So who knows,

Anyways it is too late now, I dress the way I like and that is the way it is.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

I say it's because it's "in the Genes".
    I always felt that I wanted to be a girl from as young as I can remember. It just felt natural to wear the clothing.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I saw my primary school teacher's petticoats when the wind lifted her skirt. the sight created a reaction in me. Immediately I wanted to wear petticoats. I could not find any petticoats in our house but I did find slips and, from that point on I have worn female clothes when I can.

Not sure why originally, as I was only 4 the first time a babysitter caught me, but there is some of each of these in me...

Jamie Lynne: "Perhaps wanting to become one to have close by."
    Joanne: "...pantyhose. I just loved the way legs and feet looked in them, the shine, the smoothness, everything about them."
    Frilly Shelly: "I think it was because I wasn't supposed to..... It was forbidden & exciting. "
    SometimesJen: "The cool, smooth feeling was intoxicating. "

Deedee

It's not wrong... but it is forbidden!

Gone to live my life
    Ah, the million dollar question with no real answer. I am not sure and while some theorist hypothesize we are biologically wired that way, others say it is behaviorally based (the old nurture/nature debate). I tried to wrap my head around this one and gave up because it made my brain hurt. So I am just going to accept that I like it because it feels right.

Hugs

Isha

Banned Read only
    I always wanted to feel pretty. When I was young, I was frustrated and saddened by the fact that there are clothes for "girls only" and girls can wear whatever they want. Why can't I wear what I want, why can't I wear a dress. For that reason, I thought girls have it easy, why can't I be a girl, I wished I was a girl.

Fast forward 20 or so years: Now, my thoughts about girls have changed, my daughter has helped me see that. She doesn't know that I am a CD and I don't know if I want her to find out. But now, I see what she goes through, and she is at that age where she is finding her identity and now I think "did I really want to go through that? No"

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    Simple: wife's lingerie drawer + I had just lost a bunch of weight + garter skirt that no longer fit my wife + joke that it would probably fit me + "let's see + "gee, now all I need is hose and heels + "do it!" + laughing + "ok".

See...simple.

P.S. but what keeps me so dedicated to Tina has to be a mental predisposition. At 55 it certainly was not a child's fascination, but a calculated decision that this insane lifestyle was important if not critical. Tina has always been there in my mind.
    Last edited by suchacutie; 12-29-2013 at 06:02 PM. Reason: new thoughts

Small town in western Kansas middle of nowhere
    I have been thinking about this for a couple of hours now since I first read this post. The first time I did it is still pretty vivid in my mind even after all these years. Still I am not sure why I did it why I wanted to other than the woman who put me into her things was just so beautiful to me. She was a scrawny model type or anything, I guess other people would think she was pretty ordinary but she was the most gorgeious thing I had ever seen to me. I remember thinking something like she just looks so wonderful who wouldn't want to look like her. Her things felt just so soft and silky and pleasant I just wanted to be in them. Once I was there was no turning back. Yes I have tried to purge and "stop the nonsense" at times but I never could it's just so much a part of me of who I am.
    "It takes all kinds of kinds" Miranda Lambert
    Now some point a finger and let ignorance linger
    If they'd look in the mirror they'd find.
    That ever since the beginning to keep the world spinning
    It takes all kinds of kinds.