Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Still taking Pictures?

Still taking Pictures?

How many of you still take pictures of yourself when you dress? Has it changed over time?

The topic of taking picture has come up a couple of times with me over the past week and it made me think a little bit. When I first accepted myself a few years ago, I took pictures every time I dressed. It was very thrilling to get dressed up and take lots of pictures of myself. Not all of them were great pictures but I still enjoying looking at them today (though I cringe now when I see the chest hair sticking out).

I have not taken pictures though in almost 2 years. Part of that of course was the forced vacation I took but now that I am back I still do not have the urge, or maybe driven desire, to take pictures.

I came to the realization that I have changed (I think for the better). My desire for pictures was derived from the fact I was "underground" and I needed to commemorate my dressing the future. Now that I am more open (though not completely out - yet) and I dress daily, I no longer feel the need to take pictures like I used to. I still want to take pictures in the near future but now I am doing it for fun, not because I am hiding.

Have any of you had the same experience?

Danni
    I'M FREE, I'M FREE! I GET TO BE ME!

I love taking pictures (pretty obvious). I do it for two reasons,
    1. I am vain
    2. Because I am vain, I want to look my best and use the pictures to make sure my outfits actually look as good as I think they do in the mirror. Sometimes they do not

Yeah.... I have slowed down..... taking them enfemme and posting the ones I do take if I take any.... guess that kind of feed back isn't as important as it used to be.... assuming it was important to start with... lol
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Danni,

I still enjoy taking pictures. I would call it more hamming it up for the camera. I have a terrible memory and pictures help. Some people really hate having their picture taken. I don't mind in either mode.

Gold Member
    I never did take a whole lot. I'd rather think I look good by not seeing.

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    I've always enjoyed taking pictures since I don't have an accepting wife, it helps me have a different perspective of how I o look and would I really pass if I ventured out. It also just makes me feel better about myself and that maybe I do look ok.

I also sometimes put my pictures on my phone as background, just have to be careful who's around when I open my phone lol

Banned Read only
    Taking pics is a love/hate thing for me. I used to take pics enfemme, then I would delete them all and feel ashamed for dressing up. Now, I am starting to open myself up a little more so I take pics to see if I look good at all. I take so many pics now each time, just to only get 1 or 2 that look okay

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I don't take as many as I used to. I'm dressing enfemme more these days so I don't bother taking pics too often.

Little Mrs. Snarky! Nadine Spirit's Avatar
    When I started dressing fully, I never took pictures. Which now, I am totally bummed about. I would love to be able to have pictures from the beginning until now. I have some pictures of about the last four or five years and I love seeing the transition.

I love taking pictures and I don't know if I will ever get tired of it.

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    I've always taken pictures. Nearly every time I've dressed. Lately, I've been obsessed with taking HD movies and capturing the perfect stills. I've also expanded into full crossdressing so there's a lot more to photograph.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Oh yea, things have changed. When I was first just getting out and about, I was all into taking 'trophy' pictures. Ya know, like I made it to this place... see. Over time, the thrill has diminished, I mean, I still enjoy getting out and about, just no need to prove anything any more. Love to take pics when I get with other girls, but that's pretty rare now a days...

If I'm trying on new outfits or combinations of outfits I might take a few pics to see how it looks from afar, but that's about it...

Thanks for the thread start...

Renne.....

I have 15 years of pictures on my computer, with the best printed into an album. love looking at them and showing friends. But yes, I don't take new photos as consistently as I used to.

I'm guilty......however no apologies.
    You can say whatever you want about me, but I felt I've said whatever needed I needed to say about me.
    It's a done deal.
    I am me .
    That's that.

since giving up crossdressing I've stopped the majority of picture taking ,only really now take family and special occasion shots.

Pictures are still really important to me. I think it's because the opportunities to dress up fully are not nearly as frequent as I wish they were. It's as if I only get to be the real me for 5-6 hours every two weeks.
    Life is an endless struggle full of frustrations and challenges, but eventually you find a hairstylist you like.

I am guilty of taking photos while dressed, they never seem to look as good as the mirror though...lol

My camera must be broken, the pictures that come out don't look like I imagine myself to be.
    I am not twenty one anymore.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    Movies and pictures have helped me over the years to refine my look. For instance, movies showed me that I really didn't look good in skin tight mini skirts! I still like to put up a picture now and then on my Flickr site pretty much as an archive. Running out of new outfits, settings, and posses! Don't want to bore people with "home movies".

I started taking pictures of myself about 7 years ago, around the same time I started to take this whole dressing thing a bit more seriously. Taking pictures has always been a major part of my CD learning experience, there's only so much you can see of yourself in a mirror. Especially my posture is something I continuously practice through photos and to lesser extent videos. It makes all the difference for me.

It's also fun taking good photos in which you look somewhat decent and sharing them on sites like these. It's a 'visual art', no point in doing it if no-one can see it

never took any photos ever, then when i joined and saw all the avatars i felt it only reasonable if your sharing on that personable level, I should reciprocate, felt using the site avatars would not be genuine, hope to work up from what Ive shared already.
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

I still take pictures. I use my pictures as an educational tool. A tool to learn how to pose, how to smile, what outfits look good (or bad) on me, and in general, how to look more like a woman. They are a visual history of my progression. And of course, some days I just like to look at the better ones.

I think putting pictures on a telephone is a wish to be caught. If you lose the phone, loan it to someone, have a medical emergency and need to be identified quickly, or someone just happens to pick it up, you've been outed. That's fine if you are out, not if you are not.

My photos are on a password protected USB drive kept in a drawer, not in the computer.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Aussie girl enjoying life Michelle (Oz)'s Avatar
    My camera is with me constantly. Curcumstances (weather, scene) dictate how many photos I take. Sometimes over a 100 - but then I remember how much film and developing cost so digital is a no brainer (no insults please).

I rarely post them on here but use Excel for the best ones. Fun to look over them, critique new outfits and different looks. Sometimes helps to have a thick skin with passers-by.

So, no, my interest in photos hasn't wained.

Yes, I still take pictures, every time. It's free, and I like to keep a record of my transformations. I do go back and look at old pics.
    The camera can see me in a way the mirror cannot.

Quote Originally Posted by Michelle (Oz) View Post
    (no insults please).
    If I had to hazard a guess, I'd say 99.9% of the pictures on this website are made with digital cameras and not particularly the best ones either. Especially for those 600 by 500px pictures you can post here, an entry level DSLR is a better investment than film and developer

Platinum Member
    I hate seeing myself in pictures and loath posing.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt