Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Arrested for CD--public indecency?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Arrested for CD--public indecency?

Are there verified stories of girls getting arrested for CD in public because the cop thought she was being indecent in public?

Want to try venturing out more risque but am alittle fearful of consequences.

I don't know of any.... but decency is decency.... it transcends gender.... so if risque is aka indecent.... take bail money! lol
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I can remember a time when it was illegal almost everywhere for a man to wear a skirt or a dress. All the T-girls wore women's slacks. Thank God those days are over.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    If you are a fetish dresser keep those outfits for home.
    Dress like a tramp/hooker you will be treated like one, remember that while you are calling someone to bail you out.
    I'm all for freedom to dress the way you want but use some common sense

Just ask what would my sister/wife/mother be wearing in this place at this time?
    Why wouldn't you ask what would my brother or father wear?

Taboos don't get broken if some of the people don't start breaking them.

No one can speak for me or represent me. What another CD does doesn't represent me. It doesn't represent any group I'm in either.
    T-shirt says: "Hi, I Crossdress!"

Lady in Being (7/20/17) AmyGaleRT's Avatar
    Tamara makes a good point: when we go out dressed, we are, in some respects, not only expressing ourselves, but are acting as representatives for the entire community of crossdressers. Our decisions to go out looking too much like a "working girl" headed out to East Colfax may reflect badly on our sisters as well as ourselves. It doesn't matter whether we consider ourselves "representatives" or not; that's how we will be perceived by the public. We can either ignore this, to our possible detriment, or we can make this perception work for us.

Early on, I had to remind myself of this as I balked at stepping out the front door: "I'm not being 'indecent,' I'm fully dressed...and quite nicely, too, if I do say so myself!"

- Amy
    Amy Gale Ruth Bowersox (nee Tapie) - "Be who you are, and be it in style!"
    Member, Board of Trustees, Gender Identity Center of Colorado
    aka Amelia Storm - Ms. Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2018-2019, Miss Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2015-2016

Banned Read only
    Dress however you want, carry yourself and walk with confidence, [not a VS runway model] and TREAT PEOPLE RIGHT, and most any reasonable person will give you a "pass" - as in not give a rat's behind about what you are wearing.

It's just that simple.

You won't be arrested for dressing, but if you look like you are doing something else you could be. Suppose you decide to dress up and go walk around the local red light district for fun....where people are already upset about drugs and prostitution in their neighborhood...you are adding to the perception of a problem...you could rightly ask why don't you dress up like that and walk around in front of your own house? Would you? I think the answer is to dress up for the place you are going...if it is a club and everyone dresses like that, then go for it. Don't go someplace where the norm is much different...you'll face unwanted public attention.
    Chickie

Don't wear those 6" thigh high pvc boots, mini skirt, belly shirt and hang around the red light district asking people if the want to party and you'll be ik.

Quote Originally Posted by sexyjean88 View Post

Want to try venturing out more risque but am alittle fearful of consequences.
    Please don't!!! We don't need what comes from that....Wear a long coat to the fetish club and once inside,have at it!!!
    It SURE is my hair ! I have the receipt and the box it came in !

I live right behind a hospital and I've gone there a rare few times dressed but they told me not to go in the women's restroom or they'll get security on me.

While some singers like negative publicity, I try to keep CDing respectful and more mainstream otherwise everyone will think we are the same as "that CD" on youtube
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

Never had it happen to me. I walk by mall cops, and don;t appear to notice or care.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Looking risque in public is more of a dis service to the CD image.People think we are pervs and pedophiles already why would you want prove their image of us to be true.
    Does your wife dress that way in public? I'll bet she doesn't.

Tracii took the words right out of my mouth. You see you want to go out risque, you do that, but when you get arrested for it, that's another notch on the CD communities belt for even more of a bad reputation And if you give this board a bad name, then I'll be one very pissed off Admin!
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

I don't think that example Bimini1 is a very good example he had on heels and nothing else was his public indecency charge. Now mix stupidity with all the drugs he had and I would say him wearing heels had very little to do with why they arrested him. I bet he might have been arrested if he had been fully dressed. Don't mix drugs with CD ing... Lol ( or any thing else for that matter)

Lady in Being (7/20/17) AmyGaleRT's Avatar
    That's true. The man was wearing only a turban and his heels when he was arrested. I don't think his choice of footgear would have made any difference; he could have substituted sneakers, wingtips, or snowshoes, and he'd still have been arrested.

Don't do drugs, kids, stay in school.

- Amy
    Amy Gale Ruth Bowersox (nee Tapie) - "Be who you are, and be it in style!"
    Member, Board of Trustees, Gender Identity Center of Colorado
    aka Amelia Storm - Ms. Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2018-2019, Miss Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2015-2016

Platinum Member
    if you dress in an age and situation appropriate manner, then there's nothing to worry about. As others have said, decent is decent - indecent, well as the Supreme Court Justice once said, you'll know it when you see it. If your going to the Rocky Horror Show or a fetish ball, that's one thing. If you're going to the mall, dress accordingly.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

If you live near a large city - go to a Fetish Ball.

If you want to walk down mainstreet - ANYWHERE - dressed like a hooker, you'll be treated likewise.

I would not be so concerned about bail money but rather the attention (unwanted or otherwise) you'll be getting sitting in a crowded intact holding cell with a bunch of angry guys.
    When writing the next chapter in your life, start with a pencil and eraser - my first page as Miki is full of eraser marks.

Yes, the stonewall riots were started because of this, but that was back in 1969.

The gay community has done a pretty effective job of whitewashing the TS/TV/CD aspect out of it, haven't they?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/ashley..._b_634115.html

It is worth noting that socially, there was little distinction between all sorts of various crossdressing and trans things back then due to how marginalized the GLBT community was.

In recent times, though? Not really. You're more of a risk of being murdered from a random person, with the police not protecting you and the killer set free:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/parker...b_4309549.html

You won't get arrested. Can't get arrested for CD.
    I don't dress to impress, I dress to outdress

Over here the Police are supposed to treat and address transgendered people in the manor that they are presenting: so if I get pulled over for speeding the officer would address me as madam and treat me thus. All my encounters with the Police have seen them act impeccably I might add. As for what's a decent way to dress on the street will of course depend where you are, go out on a Saturday night in most places and you will see some pretty wild outfits worn by gg's. I have to agree though that essentially we, as a group, should be careful to portray the right image in public if we wish to be more generally accepted. Just ask what would my sister/wife/mother be wearing in this place at this time? Keep it fun though!
    Amanda x
    So far in the closet, I've got one foot in Narnia!

Never do anything that seemed a good idea at the time!

Today I am the youngest I'm ever going to be!

add me and message amanda.shaft@hotmail.co.uk

http://amandashaft.hi5.com

Unless the law has changed, in England(might be different in Scotland and Wales), it's not illegal to be naked in public. What will get you arrested is if you do so to deliberately offend or be sexual in your behavior, i.e. wave your man bits about at passers by. I suspect in this day and age you'd have to do something fairly extreme to get arrested just because of how you were dressed. Watch the young GG's queuing to get into a club and some of them are wearing little more than a wide belt and half a handkerchief, oh and killer heels!
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Well, Yeah! Just remember wearing white shoes with a black purse is definitely a sign of indecency and offends the finer sensibilities of many.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

love the Kate Bush quote....had almost forgotten that Kate