Thread: It was just a joke! Don't get so excited.

Yes, this is really me! shayleetv's Avatar
    In a bedroom community outside Salt Lake City, Utah.

It was just a joke! Don't get so excited.

I am a goof ball and love to put humor in most everything I do. When my wife is in her study room and she has left the door open just a crack I’ll put my hand in and slowly dim the light until she notices a difference. One time when we first married she was washing her face in the bathroom just before going to bed. All the lights were out except for one in the bedroom and the one in the bathroom. I turned the one off in the bedroom and then went to the bathroom and while she was rinsing off the soap from her face I turned the light out so when she had finished and opened her eyes she was in the dark. She let out a soft scream and yelled that she couldn’t see. That’s when I turned the lights back on. At first she through her arms around me in relief then she pushed me away when she realized what I had done and pounded my chest to show how mad she was. We now joke about that and laugh, but she is always quick to remind me how mad she was. I consider that to be the best joke I ever pulled on her.

Last year not really trying to but succeeding nonetheless was the second best joke I have pulled on my wife. It started when at about 3 a.m. I woke very startled from my sleep. I was immediately wide-awake and not able to get back to sleep. I lay in bed watching the smoke alarm security light blink every minute. I got up and took some Advil thinking that maybe that would help me to relax. After 15 minutes back to bed, still wide-awake. So I get up and sit on the loveseat in our bedroom and let my thoughts drift.

I’ve got the day all to myself and I was going to dress so why not start now. I chose from my closet in the other room what I was going to wear and took it to our bathroom. I showered and shaved, then dressed. Put on my makeup and fixed and styled my wig. While I was putting on my wig I heard my wife’s alarm go off. When she turns it off she always scoots over to where I am and snuggle for a while. But today I’m not there; however I am coming out of the walk-in closet. She is still a little drowsy from sleep and she does not comprehend what she is seeing even though she has seen me like this so many times I’ve lost count. I see in her face from the light from the closet she’s confused and wondering who this woman is and what is she doing in my room. He expression was priceless.

I say “good morning” and then she has a clear enough head to know it’s me. I bend down and give her a kiss and she wants to know what I’m doing. So I explain and she tells me that it was not nice to surprise her like that. It’s too early in the morning and she had not expected to see me fully dressed as Shaylee. She told me of her confusion and that she didn’t like to be that mixed up so early in the morning.

Even today when I have insomnia (which is a regular occurrence) She will warn me not to play games with her. I smile and promise not to surprise her that way again. I love her and I won’t break my promise.
    "If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your troubles, you wouldn't sit for a month."
    ~Theodore Roosevelt

Good practical joke

This is not about cross dressing per se but very funny and I hope ok with the moderators.
    Years ago I worked with a guy who loved to play practical jokes on people but hated when someone got him. We had been working 12 to 16 hour days for quite a few days and one evening he went into the bathroom and when he came out he was clean shaven. When we asked him why he shaved his beard off he would not say, just grinned and walked out the door. We called his wife and told her he had shaved the beard and was up to something. Ir was a few weeks later(and a few drinks on his wife's part) that we found out what happened. When he gets home late his wife is normally already in bed sleeping. She said he came into the bedroom and did not turn any lights on and quietly undressed and got into bed. He snuggled up to her and ran his now clean shaven face across her back. She said "Ok honey but hurry up. That fuzzy faced jerk will be home soon."
    That was over 25 yrs ago and as far as we know he has never tried another practical joke on her.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I must admit my humorus bone mat be fading as I age, Shaylee. But, those "practical jokes" didn't seem all that funny to me.

I hadn't started dressing when I was still married, so there was no chance of dressing in front of my ex. But, those mean sounding "playing with the lite switch" tricks? She would have had me sleeping on the sofa for weeks!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Funny or not, you did put a smile on my face as I read your story! All in all it's great that you have a great relationship with your wife and she accepts Shaylee!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Here is another practical joke. The guys trick is not so funny, but it backfires on him and turns out to be VERY funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7AXBOT8KzU
    Stephanie

"A 'practical joker' deserves applause for his wit according to its quality. Bastinado. For exceptional wit one might grant keelhauling. But staking him out on an anthill should be reserved for the very wittiest." -- Lazarus Long
    "Don't hate me just for wanting to feel beautiful."

Quote Originally Posted by Mich Salem View Post
    "A 'practical joker' deserves applause for his wit according to its quality. Bastinado. For exceptional wit one might grant keelhauling. But staking him out on an anthill should be reserved for the very wittiest." -- Lazarus Long
    I wonder how many even know what keelhauling refers to.
    After searching my lingerie drawers, I have come to the conclusion that they lied. Ruffles don't have ridges. At least mine don't.

Thanks for the compliments Valerie Lacy.....i believe "keelhauling" was an old seafarrers term meaning being roped and pulled along the keel the full length of the ship...underwater and underway........days of sailing ships

Shaylee,
    It is fun to mess with peoples minds, but if they show aprehension tone it down a bit.

I should talk.... I am the greatest joker out... Or so I think.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

You all should be ashamed of yourselves. It's not ladylike to play pranks. Or to embarrass people. (Except those who deserve it.)
    T-shirt says: "Hi, I Crossdress!"

I have been up early enough before to "get pretty" for the day, and took it a step further, and met my Polar Bear with a tray of waffles for breakfast. I said, look, your wife made you some wallflie waffles for breakfast!
    I am a good wife hu?

Yes, this is really me! shayleetv's Avatar
    In a bedroom community outside Salt Lake City, Utah.
    I am not the only practical joker in the family, my wife is master joker. She has played more jokes on me than I have even thought about doing to her. The one she laughs at the most and the one I never found funny at all was when she used a small section of hose as a snake as I was waking up. It scared me so bad I nearly broke the bed trying to kill it. Another that I thought was funny was when we were newly weds. We had a spaghetti dinner with the couple that had introduced us to each other. Everything was on the table except the plates. when we began dinner our hostess said she would serve dinner. She plopped the noodles right on the table and my wife poured the sauce on top. No plates just the table. I thought it was fun but our host only thought it was gross and wouldn't eat. Maybe a little OCD about sanitary things, but I had fun with it.
    "If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your troubles, you wouldn't sit for a month."
    ~Theodore Roosevelt

Platinum Member
    Hi Shaylee, I too played with the lights I have plug in light modules with the dimming feature
    my wife's reading lamp was the target I would gradually raise and lower the brightness from
    the other room she finally caught me .
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Quote Originally Posted by stephNE View Post
    Here is another practical joke. The guys trick is not so funny, but it backfires on him and turns out to be VERY funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7AXBOT8KzU
    O.K. that was way too funny. Thank you for putting a smile on my face.
    One day your life is going to pass before your eye's, Make sure it is worth watching.

Eddie Izzard said it best "I am an action tranvestite".

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bethanyannstratford/

There is no way I'm going to try a practical joke on my GF when she is waking up, not until the first coffee is drunk at least.....

Umm, taking Advil to relax...?
    "Normal is what you get when you average out the weirdness that everybody has." Quote from my SO

Normal is a setting on a washing machine, or another word for average.

The fact that I wear a skirt as a male should not be taken as a comment on what you do, or do not wear, or how you wear it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mich Salem View Post
    I wonder how many even know what keelhauling refers to.

And how many are acquainted with Lazarus Long?

My understanding of "keelhauling" is that a line "rope for you landlubbers" is passed under the ship. The transgresssor is tied to the line . He is then pulled under the ship from side to side. I don't know if anyone actually drowned from this little exercise, but I certainly imagine that they got pretty well cut up by the barnacles on the hull of the ship.Punishments were pretty harsh in those days and the crew had "no rights ", only Captain's Mast. Wooden Ships and Iron Men.

Quote Originally Posted by daarleane View Post
    My understanding of "keelhauling" is that a line "rope for you landlubbers" is passed under the ship. The transgresssor is tied to the line . He is then pulled under the ship from side to side. I don't know if anyone actually drowned from this little exercise, but I certainly imagine that they got pretty well cut up by the barnacles on the hull of the ship.Punishments were pretty harsh in those days and the crew had "no rights ", only Captain's Mast. Wooden Ships and Iron Men.
    i think you are right.. i think thats what the punishment was about..

Quote Originally Posted by daarleane View Post
    only Captain's Mast. Wooden Ships and Iron Men.
    I know guys who would love that

My best prank was when i was staying at a friends place for a week.. the last day he had to go out with his ex wife's parents as they sometimes do.. he left me to lock up when i left.. I left him a few notes about what was done and what to expect. he phoned after the 3rd day begging to know what i did and what was to happen.. all i did was leave the notes

or there was the other friend staying on the couch at another friends home. he was still in the navy and on leave.. well he had been drinking heavily the night before..
    the couch was on the wooden floor.. as he slept i was able to turn the couch around as to face the brick wall.
    next was the cd of military sound affects. call to stations i think is the one i played at FULL VOLUME.

i remember three things about that prank. the sound as he hit the wall getting up. me near wetting myself laughing, and how fast i ran.....
    Last edited by catriona36; 11-30-2013 at 08:42 AM.
    shup, sit down and fish!
    The Captain wears the panties on this boat

A bat got into our house and was flying around trying to get out. It was just me, my wife, and one of my friends at home. We couldn't get the bat to fly out an open window so I got a crab net (a net on a wooden pole for catching crabs in the water) and came back up the steps. My wife was looking the other way for the bat so I brushed the net against her hair.

She started screaming and crying. I though she would have a heart attack. It was a bad joke and something I'll never do again to her.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda