Thread: last night at work

last night at work

I was starting my shift at work last night at Brisbane Airport and heading to the area where I was working. One of the ladies who works at a shop that sells beach inspired clothing and accessories was out the front and was out the front of her shop and I said hi. She was putting a skirt and shirt on a mannequin for display and wasn't sure about whether or not the shirt should be tucked in or out and wanted my opinion.
    I said it should be tucked in, given the length of it. She said she wasn't very good at that sort of thing (not sure if I am but I gave her my opinion anyway).
    It was a nice moment. Hasn't really happened at work before

Melissa

Of course it happens on the last day of work - you could have went to work everyday after and helped her do the display every day! Still, I agree it was a nice moment.

Danni
    I'M FREE, I'M FREE! I GET TO BE ME!

While this young lady is always nice and pleasant enough, we really only have ever just said hello in passing. Until recently when she was telling me about the key to the store that she lost a while back and was really worried (but thankfully found), we had only ever said a few words to each other so that was a surprising moment

Smile

It is always wonderful when a woman engages one of us in "girl talk".

I've had it happen a couple of times and found it deeply rewarding that the woman was comfortable enough in my presence to talk about various subjects. It has run the gamut of men, fashion and work. Surprisingly I have been in guy mode more than girl mode when this happened. In either case I always treasure the moments.

In my catalog photography days I was always asked opinions on styles.
    I was just a guy who was good at ladies fashion.
    So they thought.
    It was a great feeling seeming to be so knowledgeable..
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.