Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Cats or Dogs

Quote Originally Posted by LeeR View Post
    Here's a strange thought I had, do we as CDs prefer a cat or dog as a pet. Now for me I've always thought the perception is cats are girls pets and real men have a dog like one for hunting.
    Yea, well, it depends on the dog to.... One is not going to get a lot of hunting out of a chihuahua.... How-some-ever,,,, we more often than not see Paris Hilton caring one those rat wanna-bees around in her purse!

I used to be a cat person, but this current crop of cats (3) has been rather destructive, as a result, I have developed a strong diastase for cats.
    The dogs on the other hand (2 chiweenies, a chihuahua, a wiener dog, and a Pomeranian) love to love, and mind very well. I've become a small dog fan.

Never viewed cats as girls only and dogs as boys only. I grew up loving two special dogs, a rabbit, and three hamsters(not all at one time). Once I moved out on my own I wanted a dog but decided I wasn't around enough to love it properly. Both of my cats were given begrudgingly to me at first and now I can't live without them. My wife had two cats when we met who are no longer with us and would love to have a dog but agrees we aren't home enough for one. We both love our cats and will always have them in our home not because were a pair of ladies but a pair of animal lovers. If our lifestyle changes and we can have a dog , we will but until then the kitties rule the roost.

We do have many other "pets" living in a rural area-deer, raccoons, skunks, squirrels, birds-all making our property their home. Love having them around us, just get tired of the deer mowing down our plants!

ive had both cats and dog. like them both, but becase the city has a scopit law, i dropped the dogs several years ago. I have had a few cats lately, but all have disappered except for pumkin, who likes to stand on my stomach. Guess i should say that pumkin is large, even thought he's supposed to be one-year old,

pet preferences

Both. I do not attach any gender-identity to preferences.

Currently we have 3 cats, 6 dogs and 2 donkeys. Also lots of poultry and doves. I cannot relate to the birds at all, but the dogs are my favourites, particularly a 7-stone male German Shepherd (Alsatian) who relates to ME exactly as to my male persona. No difference.

M.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I have basenjis which are very catlike dogs...don't bark, are pretty independent and wash themselves in a catlike manner.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Cats loves cats. We had a cat for 16 years. She pased away 3 years ago.
    Trying to talk the wife into a Norwegian Forest Cat.
    That's a big cat

Julie S

We have three cats, Calvin, Callie, and Crystal, and a choc lab named Gracie.
    The cats stay inside, the dog stays outside, except when extremely cold weather.. The cats and dog get along great.
    Steph

I've never had cats, only big dogs. It's been awhile since I have had a pet though...it's just way too hard when they die.

I've always mostly known cats and their behaviour, at home or occasionally elsewhere. I especially like black cats. Dogs only very rarely, they can appear nice enough. Really an unknown quantity though.
    Last edited by TessaGirl; 11-27-2013 at 09:59 PM.

navi pool.jpg

I have a "vicious" pit bull...lol guess that's going to knock my femininity down a peg
    “The minute you settle for less than you deserve, you get even less than you settled for. ”
    ― Maureen Dowd

I have two indoor cats and an outdoor garage cat. when I'm on the laptop or watching TV a have a cat on my lap most of the time. putting on a corset the other indoor cat thinks its playtime.

the garage cat, climbs up ladders and has been 25 foot in the air with me on the house roof. (right up the ladder)

I'm a horse person too. (its long haired cat's and horses for me)
    Carpe Noctem

Cheyenne Hyde

"You may never exceed, your own expectations, of yourself"

http://s46.photobucket.com/user/MsHyde2u/library/
    (the password is feminine)

Both for me. Cat at home; dog to walk.

Just lost my cat of 14 years,but I really love my dogs......
    I do all the grooming of my male and female loves....real dogs must at least 65 lb....
    [SIZE="3"] Robin[/SIZE]

I like both dogs and cats and had a dog when I was a kid. I now have 4 cats (had 5 but had to put it to sleep almost 2 weeks ago) and I love them. They are pretty easy to take care of and with me working 3 till 11pm and my wife working different hours it would much more difficult to have a dog. In my opinion I think dogs are better suited for people who have children and work normal hours and such and we are both in our late 40's married 21 years and never had children and I don't think we are going to have children at our age now so its cats for us.
    "Its now official,my femme name is Felicity"

Have to drink to that.

"Proud To Be My Wife's Part Time Wife"

I really don't think it has anything to do with gender, but I've had a dog when I was young and loved her. As an adult I shared a cat with a long term gf, but when we broke up she left him with me, and he eventually became an outdoor cat, and came back less and less, and then eventually never came back.... But it's not too sad, bc he would pee on my clothes.

Well how would you interpret me. I really dislike both cats and dogs as pets for me. Somehow I don't think either would be a good fit for my birds. I take my blue & gold macaw to cat adoption day and he scare's most of them.

rescue dog for me

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    When I started this thread I never thought it would bring on so much conversation. So anyway my take is I still consider cats feminine to the point you have never heard of a guard cat or police cat. Those tough jobs are reserved for dogs.

However I recognize we girls all have different taste in our pets as much as we do our clothes.
    Thanks all for your continued responses

Quote Originally Posted by marykay24 View Post
    rescue dog for me
    Good for you! I have 4 rescues of my own and a foster. All Cocker spaniels.

I have both a cat and a dog (Basset hound)

Dog lover.

Dogs all the way.

Just as a craving for things the color pink, I've gotta wonder how many who profess their preference for cats have a subconscious desire to do so based on the concept that cats are considered a more feminine pet by so much of the population. Same with tiny dogs.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Love dogs. Hate cats.

That's Mikayla to you Bub Mickeytgurl's Avatar
    I prefer dogs. We have 7, 3 rescue terriers and 4 show and race whippets. I've never been particularly fond of cats, but we did have a Maine Coon stray that adopted me and permitted us to live with her for nearly 17 years. Of course, she was pretty convinced she was a dog as well.