Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wife requires us to go to counseling

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Yes, you are over concerned. Look forward to joint counseling as your turn to eliminate the misconceptions and level the playing field. With a good therapist this can be a golden opportunity.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Good path

Counseling will help you and yours work out if you two are going to be able to deal with who and what you are. My bride and I are in counseling too and it has done wonders to help me, especially, express my feelings and needs in a way that helps her understand.....we have not been this close since our life together started so many years ago.
    Give it a try, Kirsten.
    Hugs and Happy Thanksgiving!
    Karen Elizabeth
    [SIZE="4"][/SIZE]

Aspiring Member
    I can remember back to those days when I told my ex-wife that I was one of those people that like to wear woman's clothes. As long as it was on the movie screen it was fine but when it came home it wasn't. She told me I needed to go to counseling and dumb me thought we were going to couple counseling. She said she didn't needed that I did. I did go a few times after my divorce from her, back then there wasn't to many around that did transgender counseling. We were all sick in the head.
    It didn't take to long before I figured out that I could go and sit in a park and figure out what I needed to do and save some money. The only thing the therapist did was sit there and listen then ask what I thought I needed to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Eryn View Post
    ....Steffi is correct, you should select the counselor.
    While I agree that the chosen counselor is vitally important to the success of the counseling I believe both of you need to be involved in selecting a counselor if you are both willing to work through this. I think you two also need to consider what "success" means. I am less worried about a counselor telling your work than I am about your wife going in with the expectation that you can be "cured" and you going in with the expectation the she can be "persuaded."

Best wishes for you both.
    "You are not an accident, nor are you malfunctioning. You are performing EXACTLY as coded." For many "Man in a Dress" is the worst atrocity commit-able; for me it's just reality. Click to Learn About Me. Click to Complain About Me! There is a fine line between brutal honesty and honest brutality. It is rarely in the same place for the sender and the receiver.

Your therapist can submit your claim under the mildest form of depression and not even the insurance company will know the difference. Good luck sweetie, my so and I had 3 sessions to straighten out the fact that xdressing won't destroy a marriage. I'm still going alone, it's good to unload with someone you can tell everything to without judgement.
    Love KristyE