Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I am a completely different person when I dress. You?

I am a completely different person when I dress. You?

I find that when I'm in my daily "man" mode, I am the boisterous, joke telling, in charge type. Not obnoctious, but definitely a mans man. But, when I am Jenny, I'm quiet, sweet, caring (that part I am as well when a man, but much more so when Jenny) and just so much a different person. The parts of me as a man are actually quite icky when I'm Jenny. I try to mix and match the man and femme sides sometimes and it only works when adopting Jennys' parts into my man side, but not the other way. Any thoughts? I do find that when I work hard at it and adopt my femme side into my man existence, my wife seems so much more comfortable with me, eg. she comes home from work having had a horrible day and the man side wants to try to solve all her problems with advice. Jenny just wants to listen, feel for her and just be there for her as a friend. I wish I could do it all the time, but without actually being dressed, it's difficult. The look and feel of Jenny makes it so much easier to be the sweet girl that I know is inside of me. My wife doesn't know I am Jenny and it should stay that way, but I think she would probably like me much more as Jenny. Does anybody else have these feelings?

JennyLynn

Jenny, I don'y think that I am completely different as Bria, but I know that I may express a soffter side. Since I only drerss at home now, it is only my wife that sees me. I try to make sure that she know that I love her very much regardless of how I am dressed, that I'm not trying to create a girl that is more sexy, or more something than she is. That said, unless I look in the mirror, I still feel like the same guy I've been for 72 years. Is that clear or confusing? Hugs, Bria

No, I'm the same person no matter what I'm wearing. Different personality attributes can come out but it's all me.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Jenny,
    I do not go into any character mode or change my actions when dressed.
    Only some of my mannerisms are more feminine.
    I tend to talk with my hands and I use the same voice inflections in either mode.
    I do talk in a softer voice but it is still low in pitch.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

In male mode I'm fairly quiet and very calm. Dressing makes me even calmer. I'm afraid if I take anything to calm down more I'll be in a coma. I think I have a weird sense of humor in either mode. Jaymee
    I enjoy being a boy, being a GIRL like me!!!

That's funny, Jaymee!

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Are you really a different person or do you just stay in character the way actors claim they do?
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Carla.. I believe I am a stronger part of a side of me. Not necessarily acting, just expressing that part which I feel duty bound as a man to suppress.

Banned Read only
    Nope. I'm me 24/7/365. My personality does not alter one iota.

As a man, I try to solve problems,
    As a woman, I listen to others problems
    As a man - I hate chick flicks
    As a woman - I love chick flicks
    Wife finds the woman side, has a calming effect on the man side, so after about a 2 weeks she I get moody, she tells me its time to girl up and go out.
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

Just in my pictures

I tried not being able to read a map or failing at parallel parking but it didn't work out for me.

I won't say "completely" but I am a little different when en femme.
    Stephanie

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    I'm with Stephanie here. I don't change completely, but quite a bit. It's hard to describe, but quite significant.

Siobhan is definitley happier than her male counterpart

Banned Read only
    For me I have gone through stages in my life. When I was younger, I had a male and female personality. As I got older, I have grown more as a person and have accepted my feminine side. So now it's just me no matter how I am dressed, although when I am dressed, I tend to be a bit more shy than I would otherwise be.

Kaylee

Raychel is definitely more relaxed, but other then that, just the same guy.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

In a sense I am EVERY time I dress as there is always something different.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Nope, same person. As someone posted, you might be acting and playing a character when you dress but you are still the same person inside.

Example; If there were an election, would you vote for different candidates dressed vs. not dressed? I would think not.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

When people see Veronica for the first time, they ask what kind of person she is. I say she's no different from the guy who was in drab the other day. Likes the same stuff, hates the same stuff. I'm me either way, just sometimes with lipstick and eyeshadow, sometimes not.

Gone to live my life
    Except for the fact the I am wearing make-up and women's clothing I am the same person . . . okay perhaps a little less stressed out when dressed but very much the same.

Hugs

Isha

I am like that. For me there is a hard line between my male and female side , I think of them as 2 totally separate people. And we have very different personalities, strange I know but it's been working for me so far.

The only time I'm quieter is when I over tighten my corset......
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I feel quite different when I dress, and that's what I love about it the most. I can suspend reality, while I enjoy my feminine persona.

Aspiring Member
    Well, when we cross-dress the brain releases neurotransmitters which produce sensations of well-being, pleasure, comfort, and a sense of fulfillment. So most cross-dressers will report a calming effect. The neurotransmitter oxytocin will produce sensations of understanding, sympathy, bonding, and I think all cross-dressers know that we feel "nicer" when we cross-dress. However a complete personality change is more unusual. I believe that your experience is rooted in your early childhood development. Cross-dressers all have their brain hard-wired to interpret cross-dressing as actual contact with a female. In your case it goes a step further and you emulate a female role model. It could be that you craved your mother's affection as a very young child and that role model is hard-wired into your brain. Or you may have believed that all females were more virtuous and better persons than males, and you gravitated toward that a general female role model. You would have to go through some psychoanalysis and investigate your earliest childhood memories to discover this part of you.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    I've used this expression from my wife in a number of threads, "you are two applications running on the same database".

There is only one brain operating here, but it's pretty clear that there are large sections that are turned on and off easily when I transform from one gender to the other. It's only after we identified that Tina existed and allowed her to "have a life" that we began to understand this complex arrangement.

If I need to or want to, I can access the qualities of one gender to be used by the other, but it has to be concious and calculated. Otherwise my two genders have very different perspectives. My wife has tried having discussions with both of my gendered selves on the same topics to try to figure out which issues are gender specific.

One of the biggest issues is the one mentioned by Jenny in her first post: moving from "advice-giving problem solver" to "listener and comforter". I've come to believe that if most men (all of them) would learn this simple issue between the genders there would be many fewer marital problems! In the case of those of use who have supportive wives, all they need to do is access our feminine selves when they want to! My wife only needs to say that she wants to talk with Tina and it's a clear path!

With all we put up with in the complicated lives we lead, it's great to have some advantages!