Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reasons I want to CD

Reasons I want to CD

Although I have heard a few negative things about crossdressers from people around me and don't want this desire to control/affect my life to much I can't shake the desire. Everytime I look at anything to do with makeup I want to be able to buy and o my own makeup. I love the pretty look girls get from makeup especially eye makeup. I also love the dresses and heels and wish I had some of my own. This is letting me realize the biggest reason I crossdress is I want to be pretty/sexy in makeup, a dress, and heels...

Julia C,

I'm glad you are expressing your feeling here. I have felt the need to express the femme side too.

With understanding,
    Dana M

I am envious of you because when I was young, there was great hostility to CDs. Go with your feelings and don't be afraid to express yourself.

Love,
    =Emma=
    Love,
    =Emma=

Julia, one of the members Hannah Gotta summed it up very well for me when she said that she just wanted to feel pretty. When I am dressed I know that I don't come close to passing but I was thrilled recently when my wife commented that she liked my new blouse and that it looked pretty on me. I felt like a million bucks.

Good luck you you on your journey
    Hugs
    Ellen Jo
    Somtimes the light's all shining on me, Other times I can barely see.
    Lately it's occured to me.....What a long strange trip it has been.
    Truckin by the Grateful Dead

Must be nice to have a reason.... I don't... never did have one.... or at least I don't know what it is..... its just something I have to do.... and I accept that....
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Yeah and it can be somewhat annoying having this inside of our heads it just doesn't make since sometimes. I think that's why it can become and addictive type of behavior.

I think wanting to look pretty and nice is a pretty good reason Hon.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

The question is, "Why do you want to be pretty?" Then we're back to Karen's post.

P.S. I want to be pretty too.
    "I want you all to call me Loretta." - The Life of Brian

I'd like to be pretty also. fat chance. That's why I wear pretty lingerie. In my 67 years, I've never heard anyone even mention crossdressers, let alone say anything negative about them. Needless to say I don't get out much I guess. Maybe when I grow up.
    After searching my lingerie drawers, I have come to the conclusion that they lied. Ruffles don't have ridges. At least mine don't.

Sorry CDing is not something you can shake or purge, eventually one learns to enjoy it instead of fighting it.

Umm negatives,
    daughters "borrow" your stuff and it's hard to find again although it will be on their bedroom floor somewhere.
    You may need 2 wardrobes

Well that's about all the negatives, I won't list the positives, I've a lunch date with wife in 15 minutes.
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

Lunch huh, it must be tomorrow in NZ haha. Makeup makes a difference. Without it I kind of see a man in the mirror no matter what I'm wearing. JuliaC, if you've never even borrowed and tried makeup you've got to get u some!
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Sounds like a pretty good reason to me! Go with it and enjoy it. Wish I had done that a lot sooner.

Remember you are talking to the converted.
    Those are quite valid reasons as far as the "converted are concerned".

Tell that to some of your best mates.
    They may have an alternate view.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Platinum Member
    Based on your earlier posts, I have learned that you're young and relatively inexperienced in terms of relationships with women. I get the feeling - and I could be totally off base here - that you have developed a rather idealized, romanticized notion of what women are, and perhaps overly focus upon somewhat superficial aspects of what makes women pretty, sexy and attractive....and, it seems that by idealizing women, you've made them seem distant and unattainable. The reality is that women are just like you and I, with positive and negative features, both physical and otherwise. its fine to dress up if it makes you feel good, but please, don't let your interest in CDing become a substitute for getting to know real women in a meaningful way.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Why do we want to look pretty? Because we have Good Taste! I was born with good taste and could tell early on that Mom was much prettier than Dad.
    T-shirt says: "Hi, I Crossdress!"

I love the feel and look

of women's clothes and never was to happy in my guy mode as to my looks. But you do the best you can with what you were born with. And I really do feel pretty when I am dressed up just like a GG does.

Since I have embraced CDing more the reasons is so I am more in sync with who I am more, in person I have a fem sound voice which I will in alot of ways be able to be more in sync and other fem characteristics, also I love to dance, if I don't dance for awhile that desire to dance builds up so much to the point where I just want to either play my Just Dance 2014 game or go out and be on a dance floor, also I am looking foward to going to Denver and having a makeover and learning more about CDing and also am looking foward to dancing while crossdressed.

I think most of us want to cd because it does make us feel pretty/sexy/attractive due to our male instinct of finding women attractive. The real question is why do we want to feel this way as opposed to other men, or why dont or cant we feel attractive as men? This has bugged me my whole life and I just tell myself its because I'm soooo straight my body won't allow me to find men attractive in any way. But when Im in my female mode I do find men attractive, and I become confused again. So, I guess really I have no idea, i just do.

have always heard negative comments about cross-dressers growing up and felt a self loathing about doing it, after finally accepting it, i began to embrace it more, you can read all the stories here, acquire- purge , acquire more , purge, im done purging, i found this place to share and accept that normal is as normal does, i feel pretty in heels and a dress, makeup ........ i need practice, had this feeling since boyhood, accept it and own it, i dont think the desire will leave you.
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

Would have been nice to get to choice one way or the other, but like Karren, it's just something I've had to do all of my life, could never put a reason to it.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

Quote Originally Posted by JuliaC View Post
    ....I love the pretty look girls get from makeup especially eye makeup. I also love the dresses and heels and wish I had some of my own. This is letting me realize the biggest reason I crossdress is I want to be pretty/sexy in makeup, a dress, and heels...
    I quoted the part that works for me.

Red carpet dresses, granny dresses, short skirts, mini skirts, great prints but most of all, those comfy little cheap cotton things that come from Kmart or the wraps that our tourist stores sell down here.

Don't get me started.

rBBn

The reasons I want and love to cd, is all the reasons that everybody write about. It's very hard to discribe the feeling to other people.

Quote Originally Posted by sherib View Post
    The reasons I want and love to cd, is all the reasons that everybody write about. It's very hard to discribe the feeling to other people.
    I agree with this, it's impossible to explain this feeling to a non crossdresser. So try to make yourself as pretty as you can and hopefully you will be happy with the results.
    I enjoy being a boy, being a GIRL like me!!!

That's great. But, the biggest "great" is when you see a side of yourself come out and realize that it's been not so much about the dressing, but about the "being". You will be surprised at how your whole attitude will change as a result of "dressing", as it's sometimes more indicative of just letting that softer feminine side out and letting her, take over him.

Gotta agree with Karen, who knows why, it is just part of who I am and it always will be. I have learned to accept it and to find way to make it work for me. The rest is, as they say, just details.