Thread: Transgenderist

Transgenderist

Has anyone here ever thought about classifying themselves as a transgenderist? I was reading about it today and im kinda in between thinking im a transgenderist and a crossdresser. I mean I would like to live as a female part time (a day a week or so) and I have thought about trying to do some feminizing things to my body. What are you thoughts on this?

Transgenderist is a term I am not familiar with....looks like I need to do a little reading up!

Wherever there is a Sale or Macys, but mostly Baltimore MD
    Ohhhhnoooooooooooooooooooooooo MR Billlllll . Not ANOTHER label !
    Kelly DeWinter
    Find Kelly at:
    Kelly's Blog
    Flicker
    [COLOR=#2e8b57

Labels are a dime a dozen as far as I'm concerned. Who you are as a person is the important thing.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Curb your enthusiasm...no labeling needed...
    It SURE is my hair ! I have the receipt and the box it came in !

Apparently, a transgenderist is one who supports transgenderism.
    (Transgenderism (social movement)) Transgenderism or transmovement is a social movement seeking transgender rights and affirming transgender pride.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transge...ocial_movement)

What definition are you using? Do you mean transsexual perchance?
    T-shirt says: "Hi, I Crossdress!"

The only labels I use are address labels and for home preserves.
    It is not really any use trying to think what you may be.
    Even psychiatrists are wary putting labels on problems they are presented with.
    Then again, are you smarter than a psychiatrist?
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by JuliaC View Post
    Has anyone here ever thought about classifying themselves as a transgenderist?
    I doubt it. Thought I suppose it's possible if I knew what it meant, or even what you think it means.
    "Normal is what you get when you average out the weirdness that everybody has." Quote from my SO

Normal is a setting on a washing machine, or another word for average.

The fact that I wear a skirt as a male should not be taken as a comment on what you do, or do not wear, or how you wear it.

Quote Originally Posted by JuliaC View Post
    I have thought about trying to do some feminizing things to my body. What are you thoughts on this?
    Do not do something you'd later regret..
    I do not!! Claim to be an expert on any topic, when I post a new thread or reply on any thread my imput is strickly that of a crossdresser. Not to offend Gay people , Transexuals or any other life style, I am only commenting on one of my own.

Lady in Being (7/20/17) AmyGaleRT's Avatar
    Agreed, Lucy! Trying to take hormones without being under a doctor's care is downright dangerous, and the hormones themselves can have irreversible effects. I wouldn't recommend it unless you're suffering from serious gender dysphoria, all the way up to being full-blown TS.

Of course, Julia could have meant things like growing her hair out, growing better nails, removing body hair, and getting her ears pierced. None of that is necessarily regrettable (and I've done most of that myself).

- Amy
    Amy Gale Ruth Bowersox (nee Tapie) - "Be who you are, and be it in style!"
    Member, Board of Trustees, Gender Identity Center of Colorado
    aka Amelia Storm - Ms. Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2018-2019, Miss Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2015-2016

On a recent job application form, I wrote in a blank space on the form, "I support the LGBT community".
    Still waiting to hear from them.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I have thought about trying to do some feminizing things to my body. What are you thoughts on this?[/QUOTE]

Like what exactly?

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    We do this label thing a couple of times a week!

Seems to me that a good label should give a brief description of who you are with positive reactions and minimal explanations. I really like the idea of a positive reaction.

The only time I REALLY worry about labels is first thing in the morning, after my shower. It's really important to me that the label is at the back of my panties when I put them on :-)
    Andrea
    One body, two spirits

https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile....00001834525065
    Feel free to send me a FaceBook friend request.

Everything is not what it seems
    When you can get all you wanted in your wildest dreams
    You might run into trouble if you go to extremes
    Because everything is not what it seems

Banned Read only
    I have never heard that label before. As others have said, it's far more important to be comfortable with yourself than to be concerned about labels. I think you should seek counseling to get a better understanding on how far you really desire to go, especially before you do any body modifications that you might regret later. Now if you are talking about reducing body hair, getting mani's/pedi's, by all means - do it! Those things will make you feel like a million bucks

Platinum Member
    Some CDrs are quite insistent that they are simply men who enjoy dressing as women, not transgendered and I'm ok with that distinction. Many CDrs feel that they are to some degree a blend of male and female and readily accept the label of transgendered. Honestly, theres's no reason to concoct another term or classification.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

What's the harm in concocting new labels? It happens all the time, I think.
    T-shirt says: "Hi, I Crossdress!"

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kimdl93 View Post
    Some CDrs are quite insistent that they are simply men who enjoy dressing as women, not transgendered and I'm ok with that distinction. Many CDrs feel that they are to some degree a blend of male and female and readily accept the label of transgendered. Honestly, theres's no reason to concoct another term or classification.
    Amen Kim. I guess we have to do this so often because there's so little of substance to talk about here. It's okay, because every once in a while someone will post a gem.

here is the definition I was refering to http://www.firelily.com/gender/giann...enderists.html

I don't care much for label's but ,do what you must as you are the one living your own life , be happy ,but just don't take risks . there is no harm in giving yourself a label but don't give others labels.